• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

charsace

DCX said:
I might need a scrim here and there...DM and Kirby might start thier series this weekend...i'll be rusty.

DCX
I will educate you over the weekend.

Astro suck smokey. Yanks for life.

Live 10

Smokey

charsace said:
I will educate you over the weekend.

Astro suck smokey. Yanks for life.

Live 10

no yanks suck. lol @ blowing 1/2 a bill in the offseason.

and birdman stood me up. anticlimatic.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Dunleavy killed me too Smokey. And I felt like hurting my controller every time he scored with him. Dude is a bum and Birdman makes him play like Scottie Pippen. Him and that stupid Alexander guy that has Josh Smith's animation package. He warped through me for some incredible dunks.

Smokey

Kirby where is HEY LOW 2? Cerrius has been waiting to play him but he's disappeared off the face of the planet.

And Birdman1702 can you play today or what yo?

Birdman02

Sorry, Smokey. I fell asleep at like 7:30 last night, and I woke up about an hour ago. I'm gonna be at my inlaws all day today, but I can play after the UNC game tonight.

Smokey

Birdman02 said:
Sorry, Smokey. I fell asleep at like 7:30 last night, and I woke up about an hour ago. I'm gonna be at my inlaws all day today, but I can play after the UNC game tonight.

no prob, that works out.

DMczaf said:
It's the middle of a Saturday, you know what that means.

2K SERVERS DOWN!

live 10.

:lol

charsace

Truelize said:
Dunleavy killed me too Smokey. And I felt like hurting my controller every time he scored with him. Dude is a bum and Birdman makes him play like Scottie Pippen. Him and that stupid Alexander guy that has Josh Smith's animation package. He warped through me for some incredible dunks.
You have Lebron so be quiet.

Birdman02

Smokey, I'll be ready to play in about 20 minutes. I assume we're still planning to exchange quits in games 5 and 6. I'm kind of nervous because the website still shows a score for game 5.

Birdman02

Well, 2k doesn't want out series to end. We just had our 2nd network error of the series in the 4th of a tight game.

Oh, just for you True...Dunleavy was 9-9 with like 23 points in the game!! :D Too bad it doesn't count for anything.

WTF?!?! Now 2k says Smokey won game five 69-68....

EDIT: Oh, that was the score of the game that just dropped.

Smokey

Let me tell you how awesome 2k9 is...

Birdy and I try and do the technique that ecnal suggested where birdy would score 2 pts and then i'd quit, id score 2 points in game 6 then he'd quit and we'd be back at gm 7 right?

right?

no. stupid game doesn't do shit when i quit game 5. so we're still stuck at 2-2. so we decide to play anyway and act like it's game 7 and whomever wins moves on.

ok sounds good.

back and forth game all the way until 2 FUCKING MINUTES IN THE 4TH quarter. It's a 1 pt game in game 7. birdy is at the line and IT GIVES A FUCKING NETWORK ERROR

FUCK THIS GAME GO TO HELL 2K SON OF BITCHES

More time wasted of my life. this is like the fucking 8 or 9 game we've played of this series. what the fuck i feel like taking a piss on the disc of this game and mailing it to 2k with fuck you written on the back.

the 2k dev i talked to said she would try and fix the stupid glitch on monday but i shouldnt have to email your ass everytime your stupid product fails to properly work.

im renting live 09 tomorrow no lie

this is bullshit.

Birdman02 said:
EDIT: Oh, that was the score of the game that just dropped.

Yeah but it doesn't matter. It still says 2-2 on the tree and in the stupid ass game it still says tied at 2-2

Mrbob

So much for the XBL voice message telling me to play a real game like NBA2K9. :lol Glad I'm done with it!

Friends don't let friends play 2k sports games.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i think 2k10 will be better than live10 but i feel like buying live just to stick it to 2k sports

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
Checking around the 2k forums and another guy was having the same exact glitch on the ps3.
reset the entire series and just sim and assign wins to make it 3-3 and play out the last game..or worse comes to worse, reboot the entires playoffs and sim it to what it currently is...i'm a stat whore, but i want a chane a title better than knowing how much Kome is dominating.

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
reset the entire series and just sim and assign wins to make it 3-3 and play out the last game..or worse comes to worse, reboot the entires playoffs and sim it to what it currently is...i'm a stat whore, but i want a chane a title better than knowing how much Kome is dominating.

DCX

it will not work. it won't matter. game #5 is stuck in the system somehow. I already tried to reset the series. when you get to game 5 it will still say the game cannot be simmed, and will have unplayed next to it. i dunno if it's a rare glitch or what but another poster is having the same problem on the ps3 in his league.

there's nothing more i can do on our end. the dev will have to somehow clear out game 5.

i also can't rebot the playoffs. the only thing i could do is reset the other round 2 games, which doesn't really help our situation.

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
But resetting the other round 2 playoff series won't do anything for the bobcats/pacers series :/

live 09 is now spinning in my 360!
So that's it we're done ? Ugh...

DCX

DMczaf

Great series kirby, I almost choked away that 3-1 lead. After you blew me out in Game 6, I thought the chokejob was coming in Game 7, and then all of a sudden all my guys can hit every open shot in Game 7 :lol

Smokey

DCX said:
So that's it we're done ? Ugh...

DCX

No.

The 2k dev I talked to said she will look into it on Monday.

But I just got done playing a Live 09 game against ecnal..

If EA fixes some of the weird animations 2k is going to be in serious trouble in 2k10...

Floor spacing is better. The presentation is MILES ahead of 2k9, a lot more game modes. The only thing holding it back is the animations. It's been that way for years. They aren't as fluid as 2k9.

Besides that though I think EA is on the right track.

ecnal

ya, i mean like i said earlier in this thread, that's the really only obvious issue with live 09.

the way they implement all the live dna stuff completely eliminates all of the weird gameplay issues we see in 2K9.

god, and you can actually play defense and contested shots rarely go in. the live 09 engine is great, it just needs some polishing.

DMczaf

I just hope NBA Live 10 upgrades their online leagues, they had the same ones that Madden had (which were total shit)

Also I'm interested in how they are going to innovate their Online Team Play. If they get the Be a Pro mode from NHL into an NBA game, I'd be hooked on that like a sports WOW.

AirBrian

DMczaf said:
I just hope NBA Live 10 upgrades their online leagues, they had the same ones that Madden had (which were total shit)

Also I'm interested in how they are going to innovate their Online Team Play. If they get the Be a Pro mode from NHL into an NBA game, I'd be hooked on that like a sports WOW.
I would absolutely love a Be a Pro mode in an NBA game.

nba live 09 leagues are the same as maddens? lol, what a joke. i want to know why EA even wasted the time on those leagues. it's like they said "lets put someone on these piece of shit online leagues we're putting together.... hey its better than nothing right!" wrong EA. i would rather have nothing on a sandwich than a piece of dog shit.

that is the biggest problem with EA's non-NCAA lineup. until they take online leagues seriously i will never buy said EA product!

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
nba live 09 leagues are the same as maddens? lol, what a joke. i want to know why EA even wasted the time on those leagues. it's like they said "lets put someone on these piece of shit online leagues we're putting together.... hey its better than nothing right!" wrong EA. i would rather have nothing on a sandwich than a piece of dog shit.

that is the biggest problem with EA's non-NCAA lineup. until they take online leagues seriously i will never buy said EA product!
This...there will be an NBA 2K10 league, trust me, no matter how great Live 10 will be, it's like staying with that wife that annoys you but you got kids so you gotta stay...right? :lol

DCX

Smokey

no doubt there will be the usual 2k league.

i'm just pissed off at the amount of bugs in the product this season.

the league takes what 2 months to complete not including playoffs?

we all invest time into this game and for there to be a stupid ass bug/glitch that we're encountering now in the playoffs is BS.

baseball is the only sport that any GAF online league will be run through because there are no good baseball games on 360. all football and basketball games will be 360 only.... and you know this bob! we tried ps3, and the interface/performance are horrible! rise 360.... like the phoenix!

DiddyBop

This season has been a huge failure. 2K probably got too comfortable with the fanbase they've built since the Dreamcast days. And now that EA is less evil, very awesome, and trying to turn aroudn their image, who knows how good Live '10 will be. Live '10/2K10 will be very interesting.

Smokey

Malleymal said:
so because of the quit in game 5 the season is a wrap?

Not yet. The 2k dev PM'd me back and said she forwarded our problem to an engineer and he's going to look into it. I don't have too much faith in 2k engineer's though after all the bugs in their product but whatever.

Top Bottom