• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Smokey

ALMOST made the greatest comeback in 2k history in 4th quarter of game 3. I was down 67-76 at the 1 minute and some change mark. Decided to start intentional fouling at that point to stretch the game. Then I went on what can only be described as a 3pt spree:lol . I kept fouling, birdy would knock down the 2 ft's, i would respond w/ a made 3. This went on the rest of the game:lol . Jack shot 24 fucking FTs.

Ended up losing by 2, but I didn't go down w/o swinging goddam. That was an intense/awesome game. Too bad I dug myself in a huge hole in the 1st quarter (outscored 10 to 25).

Series 2-1

Can you play tomorrow birdy?

Birdman02

That was absolutely ridiculous....43 points in 1 quarter. I was seriously considering intentionally fouling you, so you could only score 2 pts each time down. Thank God I had a big lead and that Jack was sinking free throws, especially after he didn't show up in games 1 and 2. Unfortunately, you continue to have a hex on Jefferson...I'm really gonna need him to step up to have a chance in the series.

I'm not sure if I can play tomorrow night...my wife mentioned having something planned for us. I should definitely be good to go on Wednesday.

Smokey

DMczaf said:
I replied to kirby's post, he never replied or got back to me. Is he on XBL most of the time?

I've no idea. He usually checks in here but I dunno. But you guys haven't even played 1 game and I wanted to advance the schedule to the next round by the end of this week....

Smokey

Well that was a complete waste of fucking 30 minutes.

This round is never going to move forward.

Evening on Saturday it's getting advanced regardless.

i got raped with that up and under move by dwight howard. the only way i stopped it was to let the cpu defend howard at the last moment and manually bring over nowitzki for the block. but you basically have a split second to get there or its a dunk AND the and 1.

fuck that low post move!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I just realized the 2k9/Madden 09 league combo might be the worst year for leagues since i started playing with all you guys. Both games were flawed so much(Madden's problems were magnified by our fearless leader making us play on the ps3. Wonder who that could be....^^^)

Peter Moore needs to lead us to the promise land!

daw840

CB3 said:
I just realized the 2k9/Madden 09 league combo might be the worst year for leagues since i started playing with all you guys. Both games were flawed so much(Madden's problems were magnified by our fearless leader making us play on the ps3. Wonder who that could be....^^^)
Peter Moore needs to lead us to the promise land!

Hey, I told him not to do it. He just didn't listen. It ruined both the 360 and PStriple leagues.

That's right Jeff, I said it.
:lol

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
Hey, I told him not to do it. He just didn't listen. It ruined both the 360 and PStriple leagues.

That's right Jeff, I said it.
:lol
Jeff?! Our fearless leader is named Jeff? Mind blown

DCX

daw840

DCX said:
Jeff?! Our fearless leader is named Jeff? Mind blown

DCX

And...HERE HE IS

Picture006.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i like how he tried to make his hair look just like dave grohl. he probably did that shit on purpose

Birdman02

Good games tonight, Smokey. My guys were on fire in games 4-5, but your team heated up in game 6. The finale should be fun. Another game 7 for the Pacers, this time on the road. Hopefully, everyone
on my team
brings their A+++ game!!!

FYI...not sure if it matters, but 2K shows the series at 3-2, instead of 3-3. I hope that doesn't cause a problem when it's time to advance.

Smokey

Birdman02 said:
Good games tonight, Smokey. My guys were on fire in games 4-5, but your team heated up in game 6. The finale should be fun. Another game 7 for the Pacers, this time on the road. Hopefully, everyone
on my team
brings their A+++ game!!!

FYI...not sure if it matters, but 2K shows the series at 3-2, instead of 3-3. I hope that doesn't cause a problem when it's time to advance.

Yes, they did. And it was very frustrating. Hand in face it didn't matter. That's why after Dunleavy hit that shot in the 4th qtr of game 5 at top of key with Wallace in his face I went to start -> quit and got ready for game 6. I was down by 15+ anyway and wasn't coming back and was angry so I just got it over w/ and moved on to 6.

i should be good to go tomorrow after 9.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey said:
Yes, they did. And it was very frustrating. Hand in face it didn't matter. That's why after Dunleavy hit that shot in the 4th qtr of game 5 at top of key with Wallace in his face I went to start -> quit and got ready for game 6. I was down by 15+ anyway and wasn't coming back and was angry so I just got it over w/ and moved on to 6.

i should be good to go tomorrow after 9.

You rage quit a playoff game? Wow. I feel better about losing to Birdman now that he's given you troubles too.

DCX

DCX
I might need a scrim here and there...DM and Kirby might start thier series this weekend...i'll be rusty.

DCX

Smokey

Truelize said:
You rage quit a playoff game? Wow. I feel better about losing to Birdman now that he's given you troubles too.

Yes. It was the fact that it was Mike fucking Dunleavy. If it was Granger it would of been different. So once that shot went in like he was Kobe I couldn't take it anymore. Start -> quit lets get ready for game 6 men.

Mrbob said:
Go Birdie. Pull the big upset! :D

fuck you. if I lose tonight it'll just be that much sooner before i kick your ass in the show. and you know it's comin'.

stros 4 lyfe

AirBrian

Smokey said:
fuck you. if I lose tonight it'll just be that much sooner before i kick your ass in the show. and you know it's comin'.

stros 4 lyfe

Get him, Bob! Do it for great justice! Do it for Harry!

Smokey

*sigh*

ran into a bit of a problem.

2k was showing birdy and my series at 3-2 my lead, even though it is 3-3 (and says so on the website). So I go into 2k9 and it says that game 5 was unplayed, yet game 6 was recorded. So okay I'll just assign birdman the win (b/c he did win) for game 5. It says this game cannot be simmed.

Uh okay.

So I reset game 6 and go back to game 5 to try again and it says the same fucking thing. Now it's stuck at 2-2 because it won't let me go back to 6 b/c 5 "hasn't been played". This is dumb. Looking at the website for game 5 it has the player of the game and everything listed, but it does not give him the win(79-63 pacers).

I guess I could reset the entire series and assign the wins to make it 3-3 but what if THAT fucks something up?

:/

EDIT: Went back and reset game 4 and re-assigned the winner and that still didn't do shit for game 5 it still gives me a fucking error. So unless something changes it looks like the series is back at fucking 2-2 because this wonderful game is not giving credit for Birdy's game 5 victory and my game 6 victory is void.

Awesome.

ecnal

can't you guys just play the game till someone scores a basket (whoever was supposed to win) and then have the other person quit?

DMczaf

kirbybreezy said:
DMc, give me a time that you can play tonight and lets make it a date. We should probably get in at least 3 games tonight.

I can play after Terminator, so around 9pm PST

Smokey

Birdman I'm here whenever you can play.

We can do what ecnal said. Game 5 you score a bucket, I quit. Game 6 I score a bucket you quit. That should bring it back to 3-3.

DMczaf

kirbybreezy said:
lol yea I'm around. I didn't know terminator was still running >.>

Im heading on now.

I might be able to squeeze in 2 games, but 3 would be pushing it. We can play 3 games tomorrow though

Top Bottom