• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Birdman02

kirbybreezy said:
Where did you find that picture of AI, Viakado...looks like he's about to break his own arm with a 360 crossover lol.

Why the hell does no one hold onto this guy, I don't get it. His shot is not hard to use.

edit: Nice quote of the day (Zep)

I have AI in my other league, and I can't figure his release out at all....he's money offline, but I can't consistently score with him in league play. Any tips?

Also, what's gonna happen with Cloudy's games (he's my last week 1 opponent)? I'm assuming we're no holding off another week, so are they all gonna be coin-tosses or what?

Smokey

Birdman02 said:
I have AI in my other league, and I can't figure his release out at all....he's money offline, but I can't consistently score with him in league play. Any tips?

Also, what's gonna happen with Cloudy's games (he's my last week 1 opponent)? I'm assuming we're no holding off another week, so are they all gonna be coin-tosses or what?

everyone who plays him will get wins.

daw, true please try and get in touch w/ zep before he heads out.

he's been trying for the past few days.

DEADLINE IS FRIDAY

If anyone wants a PG I have several I'd be willing to trade:

Sessions, Ridnour, or Lue.

Just send me a PM if you're interested. I'm looking for a SF but might be willing to settle for a SG.

Birdman02

Will one of you admins approve a trade between the Pacers and Bucks? I'm gonna try to break the curse that followed Michael Redd around last season.

if denog really quit again i don't want him back. ever. i agreed with him on a lot of stuff but you don't just bail out like that and i don't care what happened or how it happened.

daw840

Smokey said:
everyone who plays him will get wins.

daw, true please try and get in touch w/ zep before he heads out.

he's been trying for the past few days.

DEADLINE IS FRIDAY

Sorry guys, I just started my new job and as murphy's law dictates my buddy started a new job that has an opposite schedule. So it's been hard to get over to my Xbox. He is off tomorrow evening so if Vikadamo or Zep is available I will try to be available also.

Yeah, if an admin could please approve the Pacers/Bucks trade, that'd be awesome. The trade is:

Joe Alexander (SF, rated 74 overall), Michael Redd (SG, 84), Charlie Bell (SG, 78)

for

TJ Ford (PG, 82), Marquis Daniels (SG, 80), and Brandon Rush (SG, 74)

My new starting lineup will be: TJ Ford, Raja Bell, Marquis Daniels, Charlie Villenueva, and Andrew Bogut.

Mrbob

smiles_407.gif

I will try and make it up to you!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Zep said:
I didn't write that.. Would never put Fmt's business out there like that!

oh hey...one of my opponents wanna play?! I only leave until next monday tomorrow!

been asking for a week now..

smokey, give me all the wins...

Zep I can play tonight. Are you going to be around. Anytime. Please lets get this done.

Anyone get that trade approved yet or do you need to me to jump online?

Birdman02

Truelize said:
Zep I can play tonight. Are you going to be around. Anytime. Please lets get this done.

Anyone get that trade approved yet or do you need to me to jump online?

The trade still needs approval. Thanks!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
First of all, what goes on in our real lives outside of GAF is far more important than any video game league. We all have responsibilities to varying degrees that require us to make decisions at times that may or may not be what we want, but it is what is best and often what we have to do. My leaving the league was more of a result of many things, not one single issue. While I am sure some of you would love to know the details, with respect, I am not about to post those things on a public forum nor do I want to get into a discussion about the demands of my life versus another person's.

What I will say is that it was Viakado's unsportsmanlike shooting of multiple three's at the end of our game last night when he was up by 30 points that was the breaking point. I fail to understand, in real life or in a video game, what one enjoys about running the score up on someone who is clearly having an off night. Then again, the baggage of my real life was already weighing on me so perhaps the agitation that was generated by the game was exacerbated. Now, Viakado does not know me, knows nothing of my day, and may have just gleefully found himself in some sort of happy place that he just couldn't resist hitting the three's. Nonetheless, the simple fact is that the game last night lead to me to a state of frustration that goes beyond healthy. No friend of mine, no worthy opponent on a field in front of me would do that. And I guess that just was the straw that broke the camel's back. My wife looked at me and asked me if getting upset over a video game league is worth it and I had no other answer than no. And with all that is going on in my professional life, I simply cannot take on that kind of unnecessary frustration.

So, I apologize to those who are hurt by my leaving. I have already talked to CB3 via PM. I said it privately, but I will say publicly thank you to Smokey for giving me the opportunity to play. While I am not giving up on leagues entirely, I will carefully assess my time before I commit to any league, GAF or otherwise in the future.

DenogginizerOS said:
First of all, what goes on in our real lives outside of GAF is far more important than any video game league. We all have responsibilities to varying degrees that require us to make decisions at times that may or may not be what we want, but it is what is best and often what we have to do. My leaving the league was more of a result of many things, not one single issue. While I am sure some of you would love to know the details, with respect, I am not about to post those things on a public forum nor do I want to get into a discussion about the demands of my life versus another person's.

What I will say is that it was Viakado's unsportsmanlike shooting of multiple three's at the end of our game last night when he was up by 30 points that was the breaking point. I fail to understand, in real life or in a video game, what one enjoys about running the score up on someone who is clearly having an off night. Then again, the baggage of my real life was already weighing on me so perhaps the agitation that was generated by the game was exacerbated. Now, Viakado does not know me, knows nothing of my day, and may have just gleefully found himself in some sort of happy place that he just couldn't resist hitting the three's. Nonetheless, the simple fact is that the game last night lead to me to a state of frustration that goes beyond healthy. No friend of mine, no worthy opponent on a field in front of me would do that. And I guess that just was the straw that broke the camel's back. My wife looked at me and asked me if getting upset over a video game league is worth it and I had no other answer than no. And with all that is going on in my professional life, I simply cannot take on that kind of unnecessary frustration.

So, I apologize to those who are hurt by my leaving. I have already talked to CB3 via PM. I said it privately, but I will say publicly thank you to Smokey for giving me the opportunity to play. While I am not giving up on leagues entirely, I will carefully assess my time before I commit to any league, GAF or otherwise in the future.
what do you want me to do, dont shoot a wide open 3??? plus i didn't shoot the ball at the end of regulation. you kept on leaving shooters open

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
viakado said:
what do you want me to do, dont shoot a wide open 3??? plus i didn't shoot the ball at the end of regulation.

Yes actually. Don't even attempt threes if you are up big at the end of the game. It is called sportsmanship. We try to encourage it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
viakado said:
whatever dude, dont take shots at all when your up by 30?

take inside shots. i do my best to do midrange stuff when im up big with little time left

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
viakado said:
look at my shot charts, its all over the place. i had no intentions of running up the deficit.

If you had any of your starters in and were shooting threes then you were doing something wrong. Put in the scrubs and just play. If you are hitting shots with your garbage guys then there is nothing you can do.

Birdman02

Via, why not take a step in and take a long two? Draining 3s (even wide open ones) late in the game with a huge lead will always feel like running up the score.

Also, assuming my trade gets approved, I'll be looking for a scrimmage at some point tonight...probably won't be for another hour or so. Anybody gonna be around?

Truelize said:
If you had any of your starters in and were shooting threes then you were doing something wrong. Put in the scrubs and just play. If you are hitting shots with your garbage guys then there is nothing you can do.
look at my box scores, my minutes we're all levelled out.
denog, your a piece of work for accusing me of unsportsman like. look at the boxscores. jesus christ, i can't believe im defending myself.

DenogginizerOS

viakado said:
look at my box scores, my minutes we're all levelled out.
denog, your a piece of work for accusing me of unsportsman like. look at the boxscores. jesus christ, i can't believe im defending myself.
You ran screens to free up three point shooters. You sat there on the line, backed up, and shot oftentimes with 10 seconds left on the clock. That is unsportsmanlike. You can disagree with me all you want, but that game was in your hands at halftime and you were still shooting three's with 4 minutes left. In fact, it wasn't until I sent you a message that you stopped.

DenogginizerOS said:
You ran screens to free up three point shooters. You sat there on the line, backed up, and shot oftentimes with 10 seconds left on the clock. That is unsportsmanlike. You can disagree with me all you want, but that game was in your hands at halftime and you were still shooting three's with 4 minutes left. In fact, it wasn't until I sent you a message that you stopped.
so shooting the ball with 10 seconds left is running up the score?? that tells you i used 14 seconds of that to run the play. if i really wanted to run up the score, i would've run and gunned within a few seconds.

DenogginizerOS

viakado said:
so shooting the ball with 10 seconds left is running up the score?? that tells you i used 14 seconds of that to run the play. if i really wanted to run up the score, i would've run and gunned within a few seconds.
Play clock. The 24-second play clock.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
viakado said:

Dude just relax. He thought it was unsportsmanlike. Period. Did he respond differently that some? Maybe. Do you agree? Obviously not. But you can't change the way he felt about it. It's already happened.

The only answer is: that sucks dude. I honestly wasn't trying to piss you off. Was just having fun. Sorry it bugged you that much. If we ever play again I'll know better.

Done. Really nothing you can do. Except.... Relax

DenogginizerOS said:
Play clock. The 24-second play clock.
there was many times i ran the clock down. And it wasn't a 35 point lead throughout the 2nd half, only towards the end. i drastically changed tempo. i used my bench for most of the 2nd half. it aint my fault you kept on leaving me open.

Birdman02 said:

Ask Smokey, he had a 45% field goal percentage with him last season. Although he could probably do the same with Earl Watson.

Truelize said:
The only answer is: that sucks dude. I honestly wasn't trying to piss you off. Was just having fun. Sorry it bugged you that much. If we ever play again I'll know better.
why dont you ask him for the message i sent him.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
guys fuck it.... dnogs out... we cant change it... lets move on ,.. let him handle his shhit we keep it moving.. this girly shit has to stop... its border line pathetic...

What's going on with the Bucks/Pacers trade not being approved by a commish? The sooner the better, i'm gonna play Hunter D in about an hour.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ChrisJames said:
What's going on with the Bucks/Pacers trade not being approved by a commish? The sooner the better, i'm gonna play Hunter D in about an hour.

Sorry man I wasn't able to log into 2k yet. I'm about to unplug my router so I can play a game. I'll take care of it in 15 minutes or so.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ChrisJames said:

i cant get in the lobby to approve. 2k is sucking right now. ill keep trying

Mrbob

kirbybreezy said:
Bob has a squad now lol. You are a genius GM

I don't know if you are joking or not but I'll cautiously take that as a compliment!

I'm almost having as much fun GMing as I am playing!

I think I have a decent starting squad now overall, better balance. But now I need to learn how to use them!

Mrbob said:
I don't know if you are joking or not but I'll cautiously take that as a compliment!

I'm almost having as much fun GMing as I am playing!

I think I have a decent starting squad now overall, better balance. But now I need to learn how to use them!
double crossing backstabber!
edit: now you have 3 people gunning for you, Bob!

Smokey

daw said:
Vikadamo.

viakado said:
the fuck?

:lol :lol

Heading online to approve Pacers/Buck trade.

Whoever has A.I. now and want the secret to his release...my inbox is open as is my message box on XBL.

I'm far too nice but that's okay.

If you all can't connect to 2k...just keep trying. That's what I always do. Took me 3 tries but I got in!

Trade has been approved.

And denog I understand your frustration, just wished you would of let me know or at least posted 1st before doing so. Thanks for giving it a second go though, and hope all is well in your professional/personal life.

Now the search for a replacement. And no, none of you can switch.

Top Bottom