• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
newest member of the T'Wolves... OJ Mayo!!!

mayo-oj-392-cp-080626.jpg

Smokey

GG CB3 came down to the very end.

I had to upload that poster to the website that Wallace put on Howard though!

A.I. choked on his 2nd FT close to the end of the game.

CB3 said:
wallace was holding melo down. no one else could get shit going. its so hard playing without a big man. im basically the wizards right now

Howard was trying to do some things. After he got dunked on you came back down did some cross over with Iverson and he drove to through the lane and did his own dunk:lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DMczaf said:

This isn't a real shot chart from a game is it? This can't be real.

I'm too tired to babysit tonight. I'll take a look at this garbage in the morning.

I will be looking at the history of the two teams involved. And will be making some decisions quickly to change things.

* the PIP rule is not going away. It stays. As is. There is no way that as a commish team we are changing it after the discussions we had last week regarding my game with Cerrius.*

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX said:
I accepted the trade...but i still have JJ. Someone fix this so i play my game and go to bed.

DCX

I don't see JJ on your squad.

And a bit of a reminder.

* Full court pressure ** Full court pressure *
No full court pressure at all in the first 3 quarters unless you are down by 10. Full court pressure is fine in the 4th quarter. This means DO NOT bother dogging the ball handler as he brings up the ball. There is no point in doing this all it does is irritate others.
I don't care if you do this in random games, do NOT do this in our league games. Pick up the ball handler once they are across half, making sure not to bump them into an animation that makes them commit an "over and back" violation. If a violation occurs, hold the ball when inbounding to get the 5 second violation so you can give the ball back to the other team.

One point to make though: in the last two minutes of a game it doesn't matter if you are up or down. Pressure all you want.

* Stealing inbounds passes *. This is freakin BS. Don't go jumping for inbound pass steals. It's cheesy, it's cheap and it's not allowed. If you get an inbound pass steal because your computer controlled player jumps the pass (I had it happen in my game against Cerrius) then there is nothing we can do. But let the inbound pass come. You can be close to the pass receiver but do not try for the tip.

If you are currently a player that either jacks threes or goes for dunks then you need to develop a mid range game. We are attempting to play a sim league and in real life players do take two point shots. I've seen it with my own eyes.

dang, i forgot my self imposed rule of not taking over 10 3's.

i've hit rock bottom by losing to someone of bobs caliber.

i blame the rest of the league! i haven't played in like 6 days!

Mrbob

I'm happy to win that game but good god you killed me on the offensive glass. I lost the battle 10 to 1.

How do I get a damn offensive rebound? It seems like there are games where you are just decreed you aren't getting an o rebound off the glass and your opponent can all game.

My big 3 stepped up (wade, marion, odom) so that is what kept me in the game.

Oh and how the hell did mr back up sg block wade on that layup? Mr grindy back up white boy sg straight up jumps high enough to block Wade's shot head on. Cmon. :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
I'm happy to win that game but good god you killed me on the offensive glass. I lost the battle 10 to 1.

How do I get a damn offensive rebound? It seems like there are games where you are just decreed you aren't getting an o rebound off the glass and your opponent can all game.

My big 3 stepped up (wade, marion, odom) so that is what kept me in the game.

Oh and how the hell did mr back up sg block wade on that layup? Cmon. :lol

my favorite is when you take a shot and you have like 1 or 2 guys in perfect offensive rebounding position and the ball hits the rim and somehow goes over the backboard out of bounds :lol :lol :lol

I KNOW this isnt just me. cause i see it all the time

DCX

DCX
I can play one more game...Josh Smith just had a little dunk contest in my last game...he must have had like 10 no lie.

DCX

the same way that mcgirk missed all those open shots! i shot fucking low 40's again, i dont get it. im getting good shots with dirk and missing.

i was hitting from outside early then it just died out. i need to work my post game with nene more. didn't post him up once! although i was trying out the pistons playbook and i didn't set any center posts there :(

Mrbob

Well I figured out your outside shooting that you were killing me on in the first half. You were screening to the outside, picking off wade and hitting your guy open for 3 in the corner.

I switched off players in the 2nd half during that play to cover that shot and was right on it.

And I was beasting mcgirk on d, all over him. :D

I stopped him pretty well last season too but your other guys took me down. Not tonight though!

Mayo has almost attempted 40 shots in the wolves/blazers game

It is the new beascheese!

lol when i cleared out for dirk i had 1 on 1 uncontested jumpers and he was missing them. i guess you live by the outside shot and die by it when you aren't going to have any type of inside game :(

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
holy shit what a game.. it was back and forth .. back and forth all game long.

OT arrives, Blazers have the last possession, Brandon Roy drives to the basket and gets callled for the CHARGE!!!

2.5 seconds left, pass the ball to Mayo, takes a free throw line jumper for the win.... YES!!!!!!!!!

daaaaaaaamn, i love this guy. I still havent adapted to him fully yet but im getting there.

edit: for those bitching about the PIP, it was OVERTIME. Rules state you're allowed 10 more points and I had 46 at the end of the 4th.

Smokey

just looked at the stats as you guys head into the 4th...

wtf...both shooting above 50% from field...and both above 45% from 3 (pheeniks you're at 60% ?!)

i know exactly what my damn problem is. my opponents love to get red hot against me in the 4th by hitting shots that are impossible to defend

fucking yoogie bear mayo with the damn dagger :(

nothing I could do either. It was a 3/4 court inbound pass, he lobs it deep, if I go for the steal he will have a wide open layup, I contest the free throw line J and it rattles in over the course of what seems like 5 seconds.

ouchies.

that charging call was BS, you can't make that call at that point in the game REF!!!

edit: oh and gg pheeniks, sorry about that Bayless jumper lol, I didn't mean to shoot it at all lol.

oh i didn't notice or care. i was just pissed because you took so many unguardable shots with roy, and i had rudy and jefferson flowing, and i could just never quite get back in

i still want to play someone, anyone want to scrim?

i always feel like mcgirk is having a bad shooting game, but then i look at the box score and he's shooting at about 50%, which is pretty good for him considering the majority of the shots i take are outside jumpers. i feel like he should hit 90% of them :(

p.s. charsace when can you play?

Top Bottom