• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey said:
Magic 53-42 over twolves in 3rd right now..

yall better watch out for kirby's nephew!

Yeah he plays a nice style. Doesn't hurt that the magic are such a good shooting team now either.

pheeniks i might be interested in trading barea for lowry. they are rated the same OVR, but barea is more of an offensive player, lowry rated higher in all defensive categories.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
pheeniks i might be interested in trading barea for lowry. they are rated the same OVR, but barea is more of an offensive player, lowry rated higher in all defensive categories.

do it

done and done my friend, all you need to do is accept!

but be warned, barea's shot release is a bitch! however, he is very fast and if you can get that down he's pretty good on offense. but my defense is so poor i need to sacrafice his offensive play off the bench for SOME defense. not like he got many shots when he was in the game anyhow.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
done and done my friend, all you need to do is accept!

but be warned, barea's shot release is a bitch! however, he is very fast and if you can get that down he's pretty good on offense. but my defense is so poor i need to sacrafice his offensive play off the bench for SOME defense. not like he got many shots when he was in the game anyhow.

This trade is perfect. I needed a PG with decent handles and can shoot...

I'll be able to play some games tomorrow between 2 and 5 pm Eastern. The teams I'm scheduled to play are:

@ Los Angeles Lakers
@ Detroit Pistons
@ Toronto Raptors
@ Memphis Grizzlies
@ Cleveland Cavaliers

Do you think you'll be able tomorrow Pheeniks?

ChrisJames said:
I'll be able to play some games tomorrow between 2 and 5 pm Eastern. The teams I'm scheduled to play are:

@ Los Angeles Lakers
@ Detroit Pistons
@ Toronto Raptors
@ Memphis Grizzlies
@ Cleveland Cavaliers

Do you think you'll be able tomorrow Pheeniks?

I can. You can't play tonight?

pheeniks said:
I can. You can't play tonight?

The problem is that my home connection is way too laggy to play league games, so I've been going to my parents house to play my league games because they have a good connection.

I'm working on getting better Internet service at my house, but for the time being I have to settle for this. It sucks, but it works at least.

:lol dm why couldn't that have been a season game?

just had probably the game of forever with mcgirk. i think he might have missed 2 shots all game. i don't know how many points he ended with cause i think dm got DC, but it had to have been over 50. it didn't matter who was on him either. in the post, outside, wide open, contested, everything was a swish and DM was missing everything.

mcgirk is satisfied.... for now

DMczaf

I disconnected. Dude, you were up by over 20 with 2 mins left and you send your starters back in to score more with Dirk? F THAT. I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of stats after that!

:lol

well i would have never done that in a league game. its exhibition let me have my satisfaction! i let you have your barbosa game of forever..... then i took care of him the next time we played by injuring him on the fast break! the only thing you can do is punch mcgirk in the mouth next time we play!

DMczaf

I would have doubled him in a season game, but I wanted to see if the game would actually let Dirk make EVERY shot when it was one on one, but he missed one! VICTORY! I was just laughing at the amount of times my guy's hand would go through the ball when I finally timed my block attempt perfectly.

NBA2K, where physics don't happen.

i have complained about that in nba 2k for years! take a look at some of the dunks, you morph through people for the dunk. but what can you do....

i couldn't believe all the open shots you were missing whereas the last time i played you were popping it on me even when you had a hand in your face. just one of those games where they decided you were going to lose :D

DMczaf

I know you loved that Amare 5 step dunk in the post! You'll see more of that next time, I'm going to make Dirk work on both sides of the court early!

Defense, McGirk's kryptonite!

lol i swear snaq and amare travel like motherfuckers in the post and its not called

p.s. double teaming dirk would only hurt you when he is hitting from the outside. you going to go double him outside and leave one of my good shooters open!? nope. when mcgirk is hitting with a hand in his face all game (1 out of every 7 games) you just have to take it and keep pace.

ecnal

or you just employ the best anti-dirk tactic:

josh%20smith.jpg

:D

didn't i score 30+ with him in our exhibition? :lol

the only time this season that the defense has really stopped him (and not just him missing shots) is ben wallace (cleveland). but that wont happen next time. i have a plan for my old buddy truelize

Mrbob

Yeah keep on saying you missed open shots....don't give me any credit for beastin dirk on D! That's fine, I'll keep on keeping him in check like I have these past two seasons! :D

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:

the only time this season that the defense has really stopped him (and not just him missing shots) is ben wallace (cleveland). but that wont happen next time. i have a plan for my old buddy truelize

ya, i'm just playin :lol

i generally let you get whatever you want with dirk. i just try and lock down all your other players.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:

I have a plan too. To keep with my current streak. I plan to LOSE. Stupid game letting Dwight Howard score by putting the ball through the backboard.

And seriously people, I have been playing basketball since I was 15 (I'm 34), I played through high school, on provincial teams, daily pickup games, at college and then in men's leagues and I have never ever shot a three (or someone else shoot a three), miss and have it bounce over the backboard. Never. Ever. Ever.
But in this game is happens several times a game. Mind blowing.

lol bob dirk was missing wide open shots. i guess you can take credit on the pick and rolls i missed or the blocked shots on 2nd chance points, but if i get the ball on the perimeter and i just rise up over your guy for the shot and miss, thats on mcgirk. those are shots he usually makes.

don't worry, next time i play on scoring my first 50 points in the paint to go up 50-0, then cruise to a victory with all outside shots after that!

p.s. charsace are you around? i can play if you respond in the next 15 mins (have a birthday party to be at around 11:30 pst and i would have to leave at about 10 pst to get there)

@ Los Angeles Lakers
@ Detroit Pistons
@ Toronto Raptors
@ Memphis Grizzlies
@ Cleveland Cavaliers

I'll be on XBL in an hour or two and will be around for a while this afternoon. My gamertag is MightBeWrong (for those who don't know), just send me a message on XBL if you want to play.

ChrisJames said:
@ Los Angeles Lakers
@ Detroit Pistons
@ Toronto Raptors
@ Memphis Grizzlies
@ Cleveland Cavaliers

I'll be on XBL in an hour or two and will be around for a while this afternoon. My gamertag is MightBeWrong (for those who don't know), just send me a message on XBL if you want to play.

I'll be around, look for me, or send me a PM when you are going to get on

AirBrian

Week 2 opponents:

San Antonio Spurs
Los Angeles Lakers
@ Detroit Pistons
@ Toronto Raptors
@ Memphis Grizzlies

Anyone going to be around today? I have time for a game right now, or after the Cavs-Lakers game.

Smokey

AirBrian said:
Week 2 opponents:

San Antonio Spurs
Los Angeles Lakers
@ Detroit Pistons
@ Toronto Raptors
@ Memphis Grizzlies

Anyone going to be around today? I have time for a game right now, or after the Cavs-Lakers game.

Post above yours pheeniks said he'd be around.

Anybody know when zep gets back?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Malleymal said:
CB, Birdman and whoever else I play... whenever you want to go let me know!
if your around right now i can play. if not i can go after the laker game

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I'm sick of this game and the lag I get.

I shot 15 for 41 (shots outside the paint) in my game against ChrisJames this afternoon and I had to stay out of the paint because I was at 42 PIP mid 3rd quarter. So for the last quarter and a half I was forced to take jumpers. I gave up a ton of breakaway layups/dunks because I would have just went over the limit and therefore lost the game by default.

I shot several airballs throughout the game. Airball threes and airball midrange jumpers. Go into practice mode and try to shoot airballs... it's not easy.

The only reason I was able to stick around last season is because we took the second chance points off the PIP total. There were a couple of my games where I was well over 50 PIP.

It is just not fun when I get saddled with lag when I can see my opponent has none. The only game I can remember where I saw lag on both ends was my recent game against Smokey. Other than that, it's normally just me.

I wish there was some way to fix it too. Makes no sense.

well there is lag for everyone in every game unless you're saying that you experience more lag than anyone else

p.s. charsace if you're still around i can play. why not just play nba instead of "something else"? :D

also truelize there have been a few games where i've shot at 40% (give or take). i'm sure lag had something to do with it. just the luck of the draw on how the servers/your connection/opponents connection are working

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
well there is lag for everyone in every game unless you're saying that you experience more lag than anyone else

p.s. charsace if you're still around i can play. why not just play nba instead of "something else"? :D

also truelize there have been a few games where i've shot at 40% (give or take). i'm sure lag had something to do with it. just the luck of the draw on how the servers/your connection/opponents connection are working

Well I think it's fair to say that I lose that lucky draw 9 out of 10 times. I could have competed if I was allowed to go inside.

If this keeps up I don't know if I'll make it to the end of the season. Right now I'm trying to tell myself it's a rough patch, but we shall see how it goes.

Losing to the Bucks does not make me feel great at all. :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Truelize said:
Well I think it's fair to say that I lose that lucky draw 9 out of 10 times. I could have competed if I was allowed to go inside.

If this keeps up I don't know if I'll make it to the end of the season. Right now I'm trying to tell myself it's a rough patch, but we shall see how it goes.

Two season in a row :D

Just playing!

AirBrian

Truelize said:

I wish I shot 45%.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i will try a little longer, if it doesnt let me in in the next 10... i have to be out and will be able to play later... i am still trying

AirBrian

What the fuck was that? 32% from the field. I'm really speechless. I mean, I've had poor games before, but not like that. I couldn't hit dick. And it wasn't like they were contested shots -- I was getting open looks. So frustrating. And on top of that, you were shooting lights out. 70% at halftime. :lol You played a great game, pheeniks.

Top Bottom