• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
matt carroll u saved my life!

gg malley, i was done without those 4 threes in the 4th from carroll (kyle korvers evil twin)

yea man gg ... some of my boys were just off... carroll definitely did the thing in the 4th

charsace

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i always feel like mcgirk is having a bad shooting game, but then i look at the box score and he's shooting at about 50%, which is pretty good for him considering the majority of the shots i take are outside jumpers. i feel like he should hit 90% of them :(

p.s. charsace when can you play?
Now.
Nets here.

daw840

Celtics here. I will be in the lobby for about 5 minutes to play a game. I have a pretty short window of time here.

edit: I only have time for one game. Whoeversends me the inv first wins!

Smokey

daw840 said:
Celtics here. I will be in the lobby for about 5 minutes to play a game. I have a pretty short window of time here.

we can play, i know you have a short window but can u give me 10 minutes? i need to run to the store up the street and get some medicine for my cousin who is sick

DCX

DCX
Milwaukee Bucks
@ Chicago Bulls
@ Phoenix Suns
@ Indiana Pacers

Any of you guys around and willing to play right now?

DCX

suit yourself brah

i was looking into my stats on when i take more or less 3's. my lowest 3 point output (in attempts) was against the cavs, and i lost by 18 or so. the largest 3 point attempts was against the heat where i lost by 8 points.

my only win i shot 21 3's.... but i would say half of them were wide open whereas the other high 3 shot games i wouldn't describe them as open 3's for the most part. i also was working the low post game against the jazz which got me a couple open looks. nene and dirk are very good in the low post.

i need to practice barea's shot release. it took a lot of practicing to finally get wally and carrolls release down (it's almost instant that you have to release the button), but barea seems to be right in the middle. it sucks because he has a really good mid range and 3 point rating.... i need to get it down!

ecnal

we need to re-adjust the schedules for next season... some of them are ridiculous.

i have 10 home games for the entire season.
diddy has 8 homes games for the entire season.
smokey has 10 away games for the entire season.
suns have 9 home games for the entire season.

wow, i mean this is so ridiculously imbalanced... doesn't the game try and auto-schedule people for 15 home games, and 15 away games?

people who have a ton of road games are at a huge disadvantage because shot releases change when you're the client in a game...

FrenchMovieTheme said:
suit yourself brah

i was looking into my stats on when i take more or less 3's. my lowest 3 point output (in attempts) was against the cavs, and i lost by 18 or so. the largest 3 point attempts was against the heat where i lost by 8 points.

my only win i shot 21 3's.... but i would say half of them were wide open whereas the other high 3 shot games i wouldn't describe them as open 3's for the most part. i also was working the low post game against the jazz which got me a couple open looks. nene and dirk are very good in the low post.

i need to practice barea's shot release. it took a lot of practicing to finally get wally and carrolls release down (it's almost instant that you have to release the button), but barea seems to be right in the middle. it sucks because he has a really good mid range and 3 point rating.... i need to get it down!

test it out against me

if you wanna play i'll be on live, but not doing anything, just send me a message and hopefully i hear it

Birdman02

Will someone approve the Heat/Pacers trade? No big names are involved...we're just exchanging bench players.

I'm gonna be in the lobby for a few minutes if anyone on my schedule see this...I've got a tight window right now if any of you guys are around.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
My schedule this week
Bobcats
Celtics
Magic
Blazers
Bucks

I'm around for a bit this afternoon. If you see me on Live shoot me a message.

I'll boot up the game and approve that trade too if it isn't already taken care of.

Smokey

Barrage I need your GT to send you an invite for spurs.

And somebody try and get a hold of konex ..it's been almost 3 weeks.

thats right DM, get your games in. mcgirk is coming for you, and nothing is going to get in his way!

Dirk.jpg

Mrbob

Was the new magic owner informed about the rules?

Just wondering since he has 34 points in the paint and 11 dunks already and its only the first half.

Must be getting a lot of fast break opportunities.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Was the new magic owner informed about the rules?

Just wondering since he has 34 points in the paint and 11 dunks already and its only the first half.

Must be getting a lot of fast break opportunities.

He knows.

I was following the game through the website and noticed it too, and sent him a XBL message through the computer reminding him.

Technology is lovely!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
That game I just had against the Magic was sick. I was getting destroyed until the 3rd quarter.

* He had 30 points in the paint with 5:35 to go in the second quarter - I messaged him too*

So in the second quarter when he had to stay out of the paint he started taking jumpers and was still killing me.

But anyways. Drama at the end of the 4th. I hit 3 three pointers with Mo Williams in the last couple of minutes to tie the game. We exchange buckets back and forth and then Bron get a "And 1" to tie the game with 12 seconds left. He dribbles the clock down and misses the game winner with Nelson.

Overtime comes....... game tied with under 10 seconds left. He goes to the hoop with Lewis, short pull up just outside the key, leftside baseline. Big Ben gets a hand on it. Shot misses, rebound under the basket. Howard gets the rebound. He is behind the backboard, he goes up, stretches his arm up behind the glass, puts his arm through the glass and flips the ball up in the air for a layup.

I have 0.9 second left on the clock. I inbounds, take a quick three with West and I lose by 3.

What a heartache way to lose. I mean we all know that that odd glitches happen in the game but it sucks having a game decided with a glitch.

He is a good player though. Takes good shots, plays good defense. Good addition. The only thing that got ahead of him was his points in the paint and he was running around with his pg trying to steal an inbounds pass, but I messaged him and he was cool with it after that.

I'm spent.

ecnal

ya, it's really disappointing...

like what has happened in the last few weeks? it takes like 10+ times to connect online now. :/

also, i finally beat the smokester by 1 point after felton missed a wide open jumper from deep as time expired.

im trying to get others involved besides mcgirk to not be so predictabe. dirk had 15 shots and everyone else had about equal shots (between 5 and 8). carroll is awesome at 3's but holy shit does his defense suck balls

gg smokey, wish that was a league game :(

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also, i finally beat the smokester by 1 point after felton missed a wide open jumper from deep as time expired.

im trying to get others involved besides mcgirk to not be so predictabe. dirk had 15 shots and everyone else had about equal shots (between 5 and 8). carroll is awesome at 3's but holy shit does his defense suck balls

gg smokey, wish that was a league game :(

well w/ scrimmages i don't use my plays that i use during games so i just kind of do random things but that was still a really good game.

i was pissed at the end when they gave dirk that blocking and 1 call and the next time down b/c i was still pissed i reached in w/ felton and got call for the foul that put you up by 1:lol

and felton...wow!

my plan was to get the ball to okafor and go down low and I knew you'd collapse leaving somebody open. you did and that fucker was WIDE OPEN on the wing and misses the shot at the buzzer.

gg

DCX

DCX
wow...4 Ls in a row...JRich is godlike and my fucking guys cant track down a rebound and love to foul pump faking shooters on the way down :/

DCX

also smokey i was going to wait as long as i could before fouling wallace. i wanted to wait a bit longer but i was afraid you'd start to drive and then pull up getting the shooting foul.

i don't know why people dont use that strategy more in an end-of-game situation where you have fouls to give. it makes your opponent have to make a decision quickly on the ensuing inbounds pass

p.s. scrimmage or not im just happy that i shot a decent percentage. i've been in the low 40's many times this season.... if i can shoot 45-50% consistently ill get some more w's

Smokey

^^cerrius

We might be able to play in a bit. Need to practice up on some things.

fmt said:
also smokey i was going to wait as long as i could before fouling wallace. i wanted to wait a bit longer but i was afraid you'd start to drive and then pull up getting the shooting foul.

that was probably a good decision. I called iso for wallace and sczerbiak was guarding him and that would of been a guaranteed layup..so that was a smart decision.

Top Bottom