• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

DCX

DCX
AirBrian said:
What the fuck was that? 32% from the field. I'm really speechless. I mean, I've had poor games before, but not like that. I couldn't hit dick. And it wasn't like they were contested shots -- I was getting open looks. So frustrating. And on top of that, you were shooting lights out. 70% at halftime. :lol You played a great game, pheeniks.
Can you play?

DCX

AirBrian

Not right now -- I'm about to go work out and eat dinner. I'll be back in about hour or so if you're still up for a game.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm doing a full workout so I'll probably be back around 9PM CST.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
that shit felt like we were playing in mud my screen was blacking out and pausing the whole time... also why wasn't there any fatigue?

gg anyway

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
yeah that game was awful. i dunno what was up with the fatigue.

we both shot like 38% :lol

charsace

viakado said:
y u still mad i ripped you a new whole in our last scrimmage? :p
I raped u then u quit the league. I retired u with Harris.

If u guys change the pip rule now after I asked about a few times I'll be pissed.

It was good the way it was last season.

Mrbob

I really hate this game online sometimes.

Couldn't connect to 2k servers 4 times, got booted from the lobbies 2 times now. Ridiculous.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Brandon Roy is not nice.

Blazers went on a 9 to 34 run in the 4th to murder me. I was up 1 going into the final quarter and couldn't even hit a layup. Just brutal. And the first 3pt shot I hit was in the last minute.

Love this netcode. Love it!

Mrbob

I don't know if its netcode or sometimes you just go ice cold.

That just happened in my last game. I couldn't hit a thing late 2nd into late 3rd quarter...went ice cold. I was missing layups it was crazy. Too many misses against a good opponent.

So why are injuries on? It doesn't make any sense to me why they would be, it's basically random as to who gets hurt and for how long. One of my most important players (Marquis Daniels) is out for 16 games now and it's not like I did anything to cause that. Just seems really stupid...

i can tell you right now it's not solely the netcode. i played about 10-15 games of franchise mode when i first got the game with the OpSports sliders and it was the same shit. i'd have games where i'd shoot 55% and then games where i'd shoot 38%. i didn't get it at the time either, still dont!

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
So why are injuries on? It doesn't make any sense to me why they would be, it's basically random as to who gets hurt and for how long. One of my most important players (Marquis Daniels) is out for 16 games now and it's not like I did anything to cause that. Just seems really stupid...

so did he get hurt sitting on the bench..?

Smokey said:
so did he get hurt sitting on the bench..?

No, he was in the game when it happened. It wasn't like he dove for the ball and then an injury occurred or a hard foul happened, it just showed him grab his arm during a dead ball and the announcers said he had an injury.

I was just wondering what the reasoning was to have injuries on when it seems that they occur randomly, not based on overusing a player or anything like that.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
No, he was in the game when it happened. It wasn't like he dove for the ball and then an injury occurred or a hard foul happened, it just showed him grab his arm during a dead ball and the announcers said he had an injury.

I was just wondering what the reasoning was to have injuries on when it seems that they occur randomly, not based on overusing a player or anything like that.

They're on because they happen in the NBA too. When a player goes down you probably need to change your strategy, maybe trade for another player to fill his void etc. If it happens during a simmed game then I'll reverse it.

pheeniks said:
Only T-Mac could do that

Another person added to the fuck you list. Hey CB you've got company!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
every injury i have seen happens on a hard foul or a diving play. you sure he wasn't tangled with another player or something?

It might've happened on a foul, but if it did it wasn't particularly hard or anything.

Oh well, I'm over it. I won the game despite his absence anyways; I think I'll be fine.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ChrisJames said:
It might've happened on a foul, but if it did it wasn't particularly hard or anything.

Oh well, I'm over it. I won the game despite his absence anyways; I think I'll be fine.

Bron or Big Ben ran into him man. They were going for a rebound and Daniels got the worst of it.

We have had a lot of injuries this season though. Varejo is hurt for me right now. Had to trade away Gerald Green for a junk big man to take up some space. It has hurt me quite a bit.

daw840

pheeniks said:
i think its safe to say that i will win GM of the year

thanks for al jefferson once again!

Fuck you with that Al Jefferson noise. That guy is pure cheese. Fucking doesn't miss. Even with KG right in his face...

AirBrian

daw840 said:
Fuck you with that Al Jefferson noise. That guy is pure cheese. Fucking doesn't miss. Even with KG right in his face...
Welcome to the "FU Al Jefferson" Club! You want to be the vice-president or the treasurer?

345msso.jpg

AirBrian

daw840 said:
Can I be the guy who breaks Jefferson's knee caps?
I support your activities.

Also, he really did mess up his knee in real life! pheeniks, if you were a real baller you wouldn't play with him! :p

Zep

Banned
DMczaf said:
I can play in 10 mins if youre around.

damn, missed this. I gotta go up to school and talk with a few teachers..You gonna be around 9est? I should be organized around then.

Mrbob

Man I'm totally addicted to Dawn of War 2 beta and it is taking away from my nba practice time. :(

I've put almost 8 hours into the beta in the last week, and the full version hits Feb 19. This game could potentially end any type of playoff run I want to make with the heat! I must get some practice in somehow someway!

conex can you play tonight? i'll be home at 5 pm pst

that also goes for charsace and the spurs owner.

chars i know you said 11 pm est time tonight, so i will be on at that time to play you unless you schedule someone else or want to play earlier

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
conex can you play tonight? i'll be home at 5 pm pst

that also goes for charsace and the spurs owner.

chars i know you said 11 pm est time tonight, so i will be on at that time to play you unless you schedule someone else or want to play earlier

whats up with ncaa you dick head

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
wish I would've signed up, my copy of NBA 2k9 has been inactive since I got bored with the dynasty/franchise mode.

Top Bottom