• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Smokey

ecnal said:
it's not legit when you do it repeatedly for the entire game.

you had 12 ft attempts from it. i honestly wasn't even angry when you did it to me the first 2-3 times, but when it consistently happened over and over and over i stopped caring about the game.

the move isn't a glitch by itself. when you spam it over and over in a game though, it becomes a different issue all together. especially when the CPU is auto moving my defender into the shot fake occasionally--that mike miller 3 + the freethrow, i wasn't even touching a thing on the controller. that's when i came to this conclusion about it being a glitch.

and like i told you over XBL, i don't want the game reset. i play in this league because it offers an environment in which we can all "trust" each other not to play like the schmucks that populate ranked matches. there are a lot of cool people on here, including yourself, and i've really enjoyed my experience in this league so far.

however, that was literally the worst game experience i've had in this league, bar none.

If this is what really happened Cerrius then cut down on doing this please. It's one thing to do it a few times a game but to do it repeatedly over and over (again if this is what happened) is not ok. Manual defense is being played (most of the time) so more people are likely to jump for the fake which means you can abuse this move for nearly the entire game if you wanted.

Bobcat Week 3 games

Portland Blazers
Milwaukee Bucks
Chicago Bulls
Phoenix Suns
Atlanta Hawks

If any of you are around today and able to play before the All-Star game, get at me.

i think we should let him keep doing it. if you learn to defend it (it took me 2 games) it actually hurts HIM. cerrius doesn't have SHIT on me anymore. once he does the initial step back just run up to him and stick your defender's arms up...after that he has no choice but to hoist up a shitty shot. and if he has to pass it then just get someone else to try and intercept it

and another play cerrius likes to use a lot is the give and go. i think i've played you too much :lol

trust me, when he was doing it to me i was getting really pissed but at the end of the day i'm kicking his ass now

Mrbob

Give and go down low.

Pick your shooting guard to get Mike Miller open in the top middle corner for a 3 (only runs one main play for this and if you don't manually swtich to your SG b4 the pick you will get picked the same way every time).

Pump fake foul shot.

Pass high, pass low to a SF or SG for a 3 off a fast break. Or vice versa.

Yup, that's his offense.

:lol

you should've kept al jefferson!! he's helped me the last 2 weeks and if i win the rest of my games this week against konex and birdman i'll be one below .500!

DiddyBop

raps here, pretty much available all day until the asg. i'll periodically check the thread but if you wanna play just shoot me a PM or get at me on live.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Smokey said:
can anybody scrimmage?

lets play

as far as this goes...
If this is what really happened Cerrius then cut down on doing this please. It's one thing to do it a few times a game but to do it repeatedly over and over (again if this is what happened) is not ok. Manual defense is being played (most of the time) so more people are likely to jump for the fake which means you can abuse this move for nearly the entire game if you wanted.

I find it highly ironic that the guy currently abusing Josh Smith in the paint is the one calling me out for cheesing.

The pump fake move is legit but we have too many crybabies in this league. whatever

Mrbob

Can't wait to play the Lakers this week. Gonna be a Wade versus Kobe cheese fest mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yeah!

Oh and not to sound like a total nba noob but...what time is the all star game today? :lol I should be home around 5:30 central so I don't know if it is time to get a game in before or after.

DiddyBop

Mrbob said:
Can't wait to play the Lakers this week. Gonna be a Wade versus Kobe cheese fest mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yeah!

Oh and not to sound like a total nba noob but...what time is the all star game today? :lol I should be home around 5:30 central so I don't know if it is time to get a game in before or after.
8pm est. but more like 9ish because of all the stuff like interviews and introductions that happen before tipoff

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol, drama means people actually care about the league. you should welcome it.

p.s. i can play now! cavs, raptors, or pistons!

I can play now I think. Let me lose the router and go to the bathroom. I'll see you in the lobby.

If I have to pause for a bit it's because my little guy is snoozing and I will have to go grab him. But he should be out for another hour at least.

Smokey

Cerrius said:
lets play

as far as this goes...

I find it highly ironic that the guy currently abusing Josh Smith in the paint is the one calling me out for cheesing.

The pump fake move is legit but we have too many crybabies in this league. whatever

I never said you couldn't use it...

and i got hit w/ the injury too. okafor out 14 games.

koo

just for the record i've never complained about the pump fake foul. infact, it has made me a better defender because i dont go for every shot fake every time making me look like an idiot. no complaints about it here!

just got my first win without mcgirk. truelize shot 10% higher than me but i dominated the boards and went to the FT line 20 times! i had a big lead but then west and the gang started knocking down 3's. held lebron in check for most of the game minus a few 3 pointers.

pistons and raptors let me know when you can play! i wont be around until around 7pm pst tonight though

FrenchMovieTheme said:
just for the record i've never complained about the pump fake foul. infact, it has made me a better defender because i dont go for every shot fake every time making me look like an idiot. no complaints about it here!

:lol THIS

time to show konex the true power of al jefferson

charsace

FrenchMovieTheme said:
better than the old NFL 2k injury model.

i remember warren sapp was hurt for DM with a "heart attack". it listed him as day-to-day :lol
That was realism! Wouldn't someone be day to day after a heart attack!?!

Heat
Spurs
Pistons

Anyone available?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:

just got my first win without mcgirk. truelize shot 10% higher than me but i dominated the boards and went to the FT line 20 times! i had a big lead but then west and the gang started knocking down 3's. held lebron in check for most of the game minus a few 3 pointers.

pistons and raptors let me know when you can play! i wont be around until around 7pm pst tonight though

What play did you keep running? My defense wouldn't even attempt to guard your wing guys on that play. It was incredibly annoying too. I mean I saw the play happen over 20 times easy.
I shot 10% higher but took quite a bit less shots and then again airballed a three to tie the game.

LOVE THIS GAME!! LOVE THIS NETCODE!!

I might just be that bad though for all I know. Maybe the netcode is perfect and I just can't shoot anymore.

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
What play did you keep running? My defense wouldn't even attempt to guard your wing guys on that play. It was incredibly annoying too. I mean I saw the play happen over 20 times easy.
I shot 10% higher but took quite a bit less shots and then again airballed a three to tie the game.

I might just be that bad though for all I know. Maybe the netcode is perfect and I just can't shoot anymore.
That play he runs with the guard or SF lined up for an open 3? Yeah, that was tough to stop, so i tried jumping the play by puting Kobe at the point and he was long enough to disrupt the ply a few times.

DCX

the screen play? yeah, basically the PF screens my SG's man and it's an open look. you can combat it by playing zone or jumping the screen. let me guess, using screens is cheesy now? you can actually defend that play. guess what play you can't really defend? lebron's "raging bull" toward the basket for an easy dunk. tit for tat i say!

you had 2 airballs the entire game and i had 1 airball. i guess you can blame the netcode if you want, but the proof is in the pudding: you shot better than me from the field and behind the arc. the only reason i won was my rebounding and the fact that i was getting foul calls (20 FT's).

p.s. shooting above 50% is "bad" now? :lol i would kill to shoot at 50% consistently

Mrbob

I stopped that screen play in the second half of our game helping to bring victory! I will do it again when we play once more! :D

exactly. bob stopped it pretty easily. it's not like i'm running it everytime down the floor but i have 8 plays to choose from and considering in any given game i have about 80 possessions on offense i don't see what the problem is.

Mrbob

I think it is fucked.

Taking 5 minutes to load up, I'm getting roster error violations.

I can join the league, but when I do it says "The roster for this league could not be validated at this time. Try accessing this league again shortly."

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
apparently i have players like TJ Ford, JArrett Jack, Erick Dampier on my team. I also have Jordan Farmar who is somehow injured :lol

I dont think its working

Smokey

CB3 said:
apparently i have players like TJ Ford, JArrett Jack, Erick Dampier on my team. I also have Jordan Farmar who is somehow injured :lol

I dont think its working

well nvm then! it was a few minutes ago :shrug

and it looks like the number of days for an injuried player goes down by 2 games for every 1 game you play. So I'm going to be without Okafor for 6 more games.

:(

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Smokey you want to scrim.

I need practice.

okay.

they said the servers were acting weird, but we can try.

edit: i got the greatest error message ever from 2k when i tried to custom challenge bob:

"This match could not be started b/c your framerates do not match up".

wtf is this

bumpkin

Damn! Had I known about the "season" I'd have thrown my hat in. Granted I wouldn't have done very well -- I'd be the GAF equivalent of whichever is the worst team in the NBA right now -- but it'd just be cool to play. :D

CB3

bumpkin said:
Damn! Had I known about the "season" I'd have thrown my hat in. Granted I wouldn't have done very well -- I'd be the GAF equivalent of whichever is the worst team in the NBA right now -- but it'd just be cool to play. :D

You'd be talking about the miami heat...

Birdman02

Pistons
Raptors
Grizzlies
Cavs
T'Wolves

Let me know if any of you guys wanna play tonight. My wife's playing Fable right now (she said she'll quit if I can get a league game in), so post in here before you head to the lobby.

CB3

its working.

Guess Who's back!

pau-gasol.jpg

Riding a 6 game win streak. Getting him back can only make that better

Top Bottom