• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

mrblacknj: yooo whats good man.. let people on the board know if they want to play me to hit me on AIM ... i think i play birdman , konex and charsace... i appreciate you man
mrblacknj signed off at 2:05:59 PM.

DMczaf

DiddyBop said:
DM,do you wanna get in our game today? youre my last opponent since my game with airbrian has to be a coin toss.

I can play in like 15 mins. If you can, I'll be in the lobby around 12:30pm pst.

Barrage

Barrage VS Xbox Live Customer Support

Mohammed: Your Xbox COnnection appears to be in working order. I believe the problem is that this game-N2K 98-is too crowded.

Me: TOO CROWDED? what the f-my opponents aren't having any problems connecting!

Mohammed: Perhaps they have blocked you, and will not let you join their party.

Me: W-we're in a league together!

Mohammed: Then perhaps they do not care for you or your style of play.

:(

Birdman02

pheeniks said:
mrblacknj: yooo whats good man.. let people on the board know if they want to play me to hit me on AIM ... i think i play birdman , konex and charsace... i appreciate you man
mrblacknj signed off at 2:05:59 PM.

Looks like he already signed off AIM. Hopefully, we'll be able to get our game in before we advance....I don't like my chances in a coin flip.

lol barrage

did you ever try activating DMZ on your network? i used to have a lot of problems connecting to people. i did that and haven't had a problem since. try it out!

my gf said she's having some dudes from her work run a train on her tonight so i'll be around pheeniks. when does the league advance anyways? i know today, but what TIME!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
my gf said she's having some dudes from her work run a train on her tonight so i'll be around pheeniks. when does the league advance anyways? i know today, but what TIME!

i don't know who else has games (too lazy to look) but if they won't be played i bet we could advance it now. smokey did say 11 CT last night though..

what! i looked at his prior post and he said 9 pm ct!

but if the smokester said that time then we must wait. he is like Ben from lost, and i am like locke. dmczaf is kate

lol 1 game played today?? it says a game was played on february 15th (which is tomorrow), so i assume that means it actually happened today.

advance now! no one else has an interest in playing today!

ecnal

just got home.

if you advance, give me a win vs zep. i tried to contact that guy for the last week... he just ignores all messages even though he's actively posting on gaf--pretty fucking lame.

i'm also not the only one who couldn't get a hold of him:

kirbybreezy said:
Whats up with Zep, I see him logged in to GAF like everyday but no one seems to be able to get a response from him. Did he really contract herpes?

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you cost me a national title in NCAA... the dismantling of the lakers will be even sweeter once we advance!
McGirk will fall in the presence of Mamba.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FMT your a pussy

Advanced!
Big_Cock_Rob.jpg

I gave EVERY unplayed game a coin toss since i know even though zep wasnt around as of late, I know he was looking for people earlier in the week. Ill chalk it up to just a conflict of schedules. However if he is not really around this week he will get losses

ecnal

are you joking?

my first loss comes from a person who i pm'd multiple times, messaged him on xbl while he was on, and posted in this thread multiple times, to which he ignored EVERY single message even though he has posted 30+ times on gaf since i've tried to get a hold of him?

he only played 1 of his games for week 2.

my first loss from a person who refused to play, amazing.

EDIT: WOW, he won 3 of the 4 "tossed" games. fucking lame. those games shouldn't have been coin tosses man... EVERYONE tried to get a hold of him to no avail.

CB3

ecnal said:
are you joking?

my first loss comes from a person who i pm'd multiple times, messaged him on xbl while he was on, and posted in this thread multiple times, to which he ignored EVERY single message even though he has posted 30+ times on gaf since i've tried to get a hold of him?

he only played 1 of his games for week 2.

my first loss from a person who refused to play, amazing.

take it up with smokey. it looks like we can change game outcomes from previous weeks. if not, shit happens. i lost a coin toss to a person who want around last year and it knocked me out of the playoffs. its tough shit

yea, its pretty bullshit. It would be one thing if the dood wasn't actively posting on GAF in other threads a crapload throughout the day, he also has his Xbox Live Status hidden.

Zep posted briely during like the middle of the day on a weekday to get a game in and that's it.

I don't care about taking losses but he shouldn't be getting the majority of the wins for the week and ecnal's record shouldn't be tarnished like that.

CB3

New Jersey Nets
@ Orlando Magic
Miami Heat
@ Portland Blazers
San Antonio Spurs

get at me folks

ecnal

CB3 said:
take it up with smokey. it looks like we can change game outcomes from previous weeks. if not, shit happens. i lost a coin toss to a person who want around last year and it knocked me out of the playoffs. its tough shit

why would you even coin toss a game for a person who played 1 game out of 5?

the last 3-5 pages in this thread have multiple posts from all of his opponents trying to find the guy, and i've posted multiple times over the last page and this page that the guy is IGNORING my scheduling attempts.

he's not even "missing." i pm'd him and he literally posted in another thread minutes later and never responded to any message i sent him. no one could get a hold of him, and there are tons of posts in this thread that attest that fact.

games shouldn't have been coin tossed, period. bad decision on your part, it's not some "shit happens" scenario because you could have chosen to reward/punish players who attempted to play their games. the guy got wins against every single person who posted in this thread saying they couldn't get a hold of him...

ecnal

kirbybreezy said:
yea, its pretty bullshit. It would be one thing if the dood wasn't actively posting on GAF in other threads a crapload throughout the day, he also has his Xbox Live Status hidden.

Zep posted briely during like the middle of the day on a weekday to get a game in and that's it.

I don't care about taking losses but he shouldn't be getting the majority of the wins for the week and ecnal's record shouldn't be tarnished like that.

exactly. i don't care about my record as long as i make playoffs, but to get an auto-loss against someone who is blatantly ignoring the league is bullshit.

dude is ACTIVELY posting on gaf, but not responding to anything from this league.

CB3

so perhaps you guys missed the part where i said that the outcomes can be changed, so ill say it again.

THE OUTCOMES CAN BE CHANGED. I coin flipped it becaue i had seen him looking for people earlier in the week. If he wasnt around as much as i thought he was, then smokey can flip the win to the people who were around.

Jesus

x1f02p.gif

CB3 said:
so perhaps you guys missed the part where i said that the outcomes can be changed, so ill say it again.

THE OUTCOMES CAN BE CHANGED. I coin flipped it becaue i had seen him looking for people earlier in the week. If he wasnt around as much as i thought he was, then smokey can flip the win to the people who were around.

Jesus

x1f02p.gif
you should be commish full time.

ecnal

CB3 said:

Jesus

x1f02p.gif

you never said they could be changed. you said that it appears the games could be changed, but, if not, "shit happens."

you already altered one outcome, why not change the rest while you're at it?

fucking kobe! with the shot clock winding down, 13 seconds left and lakers up 2 he fucking drills a 16 footer with a hand in his face. nothing i could do about him this game: fade away 3 from the corner? good. contested shot from my center? good. dunk in traffic? good.

but i was going to let kobe have what he wants. what hurt me was JR smith in transition for 3 pointers. bah

pheeniks you ready? im in the lobby still

Top Bottom