• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

DCX

DCX
443635622_56baf82a28.jpg

Sorry, i had to...it's Valentines Day Frenchie!

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
bah my game with

Hey

Low

just dropped too. i was doing good :(

i think they both need to forward ports

Barrage

charsace said:
Spurs player needs to forward ports.

I'm not using a modem/router. THe ehternet is going straight from the wall into my 360's ass.

I'll be moving locales tomorrow for a week, so hopefully my mindfucked College is the problem. I'll be on tomorrow night, and will hopefully get some games in.

To everyone who i've tried connecting with, and the game didn't work out-my bad for wasting your time. I feel crappy, but i'm honestly trying to get this shit sorted out.

ugh, mcgirk out for 15 games....

there goes my playoff push! i'll only get him back for my last 3 games :(

fucking bullcrap!

but GG pheeniks. you shot 59%! i couldn't stop gay or jefferson! thankfully my guys were destroying you on the boards

FrenchMovieTheme said:

fucking bullcrap!

but GG pheeniks. you shot 59%! i couldn't stop gay or jefferson! thankfully my guys were destroying you on the boards

not to bitch or make excuses but i know i was reaching the PIP limit. which kinda blew cause you kept single covering al jefferson with damp and he was the best option, and i couldn't go to him at the end. not that it would have made a difference though cause of kidd :(

lol barea got you back into the game too. i traded him to you so he could blow it when i played you! traitor...

damn i dont know what im going to do now. fucks up my whole rotation, i have to activate some bum PF or C i have to have enough bigs.... might have to send singleton back down. actually i have another SG i never use which i will send back to the bench.

get well soon mcgirk :(

0323_dirk390x217.jpg

FrenchMovieTheme said:

fucking bullcrap!

He won't be out for fifteen actual games though. It will be half that or better.

oh really? thank god.

well.... i guess i'll just have to use nene in the post more. he is an absolute beast on both ends. the only negative is that he gets tired fairly quickly. i've also been using wally more and he's been performing pretty well.

the injury was on one of those damn diving for the ball animations too!

DCX

DCX
what a shit game i just played...not that i lost, just the way the game was played...utter bullshit. Enjoy your win.

DCX

charsace

DCX said:
I wouldnt call it revenge, i call a great management of saving your PIP. Either way enjoy it.

DCX
You had more pip than me and was winning going into the 4th and was abusing the help ai to get your pip.

I cut down on my driving to the basket and get called a shitty player for doing it. Nice.

DCX

DCX
nbazone2.cfm

Shot chart doesnt lie dude, Drive or three, nothing in between. Again it's not that i lost, or i had more PIP than you, it's just you bull rushed or isoed your way to the basket or shot a three, thats it...it was sooo boring to play you...so much so i shot a rushed three with kobe with a lead and 19 seconds left lol. I could have held the ball got fouled and took the game home...play ball dude...your style of play is weak. Moving on, anyone else wanna roll?

DCX

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
s-s-s-s-shots fired!

p.s. who's shot chart is that? :lol
Who you think? It's BS, i may have an all world player and yes, i USE Kobe, but i play ball, i run plays, i run the inside out, transition, picks etc...the way he played, bogus..oh well, 1 point win for you, yay!

DCX

charsace

No shit thats my chart and I really don't care. Most of the people I play cheat on defense and give me the lane. No reason for me to force midrange when people give me the lane so that I can shot free throws or shoot 3s. I called the same screen play on you 6 times in a row and you cheated over everytime before the screen was even set.

Check my shot chart from the nuggets game. If people are going to play cheap (abuse ai, cheat all the time on defense, pass it to their best player and bull to the basket) I am going to do what I can to win.

DCX

DCX
charsace said:
No shit thats my chart and I really don't care. Most of the people I play cheat on defense and give me the lane. No reason for me to force midrange when people give me the lane so that I can shot free throws or shoot 3s. I called the same screen play on you 6 times in a row and you cheated over everytime before the screen was even set.

Check my shot chart from the nuggets game. If people are going to play cheap (abuse ai, cheat all the time on defense, pass it to their best player and bull to the basket) I am going to do what I can to win.
And you want me to watch you set up the same screen 6 more times? :lol Your defense is weak, like your midrange game. AMIRITE?

DCX

charsace

DCX said:
And you want me to watch you set up the same screen 6 more times? :lol Your defense is weak, like your midrange game. AMIRITE?

DCX
Enough defense and outside shooting to tap your ass though.

DCX

DCX
charsace said:
Enough defense and outside shooting to tap your ass though.
:lol :lol :lol NBA Jam is this way son ------> I'm sure we'll meet again, maybe in the playoffs...if you make it.

DCX

This isn't just the NBA 2k9 league anymore... It's the "just enough to tap your ass" league now. Sweet.

DCX, if it makes you feel better, my game against the Nets sucked as well, not necessarily blaming Charsace, but there was an incredible amount of steals and I just got thumped.

Moving on... I might be able to play some games tomorrow night, but if not, Monday night and Tuesday will be prime-time for me to get my games in.

well, i played charsace and it was a pretty good game, no complaints. but THAT shot chart is pretty bad.

again, just because you CAN do something or something is there for you everytime doesn't mean you have to do it. "why force a mid range game?" well why cheese it up by driving to the bucket everytime? you don't have to FORCE a mid range game, setup some plays and run some pick and pops, etc.

charsace

ChrisJames said:
This isn't just the NBA 2k9 league anymore... It's the "just enough to tap your ass" league now. Sweet.

DCX, if it makes you feel better, my game against the Nets sucked as well, not necessarily blaming Charsace, but there was an incredible amount of steals and I just got thumped.

Moving on... I might be able to play some games tomorrow night, but if not, Monday night and Tuesday will be prime-time for me to get my games in.
Save you all the trouble and post my shot chart from bucks game because I'm getting railroaded:
14tq4g7.jpg

I take what is given to me.

Heat
Spurs
Pistons

anyone available.

See, that shot chart is a lot better. Doesn't look cheesy at all.

The only thing that I mentioned was that you had a shit load of steals. Your offense was completely straight. I was just telling DCX I feel his pain or whatever generic cliche you want to insert.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I'm noticing alot of people don't know how to pull off the shotfake --> draw contact for the foul move which has resulted in accusations of me "glitching" or whatever.

It's quite simple. Shotfake --> Get defender in the air ----> Hold analog stick in the direction of the defender while they're in the air and press x. Your player will jump up and attempt to draw the foul. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Enjoy ZOMG TEH GLITCH!111

Cerrius said:
I'm noticing alot of people don't know how to pull off the shotfake --> draw contact for the foul move which has resulted in accusations of me "glitching" or whatever.

It's quite simple. Shotfake --> Get defender in the air ----> Hold analog stick in the direction of the defender while they're in the air and press x. You're player will jump up and attempt to draw the foul. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Enjoy ZOMG TEH GLITCH!111

i've learned to defend that shit. you won't beat me ever again!
this season

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
pheeniks said:
i've learned to defend that shit. you won't beat me ever again!
this season

yeah i know, I can't fool you anymore :lol

ecnal was mad about it after our game though which is why I wanted to post it in the thread for everyone else

ecnal

it's not legit when you do it repeatedly for the entire game.

you had 12 ft attempts from it. i honestly wasn't even angry when you did it to me the first 2-3 times, but when it consistently happened over and over and over i stopped caring about the game.

the move isn't a glitch by itself. when you spam it over and over in a game though, it becomes a different issue all together. especially when the CPU is auto moving my defender into the shot fake occasionally--that mike miller 3 + the freethrow, i wasn't even touching a thing on the controller. that's when i came to this conclusion about it being a glitch.

and like i told you over XBL, i don't want the game reset. i play in this league because it offers an environment in which we can all "trust" each other not to play like the schmucks that populate ranked matches. there are a lot of cool people on here, including yourself, and i've really enjoyed my experience in this league so far.

however, that was literally the worst game experience i've had in this league, bar none.

Top Bottom