• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Smokey

CB3 said:
Just wait. He'll dive for a ball sooner or later. Seperated Shoulder

that shit happened to me already with okafor 2 games ago..although it didn't happen until redd came on board so you may have apoint.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Josh Howard dove for a ball in my game with Mr Bob.

I was running the fast break and looking back to see if Josh got up at the same time :lol

why am i always the 2nd person to play someone in an evening, then they get throttled in the first game and dont want to play anymore :lol

i tell you guys play me first! even if you lose you will always be in the game against me!

ecnal

gg i guess diddy.

whenever we play, one of us is always shooting really poorly. unfortunately, you were in that game. so goes the life of 2K!

true. as mad as i have wanted to get at some of my early season games in 2k, i'm not really sure how else it should be. it would be ridiculous if you shot 50% every single game with no "off" games. i know DURING the game when im shooting sub 40% on wide open J's and my opponent is knocking down contested 3's i want to throw the controller through the fucking screen but isn't that kind of like real basketball too?

CB3

i hate offensive rebounds in this game. its always HUGELY in favor of one team. Usually the home team.

I got dicked on the boards, had a shot drained on me at the end of every quarter, gave up like 5 3 point plays, and still only lost by one.

5 seconds left. Inbounds to AI, Immediatly goes into some fucking 3 second long animation being guarded by steve blake. by the time i get a pass off its Josh Howard for a 3 as my only chance. of course that didnt go in.

I hate animations in this game

FrenchMovieTheme said:
true. as mad as i have wanted to get at some of my early season games in 2k, i'm not really sure how else it should be. it would be ridiculous if you shot 50% every single game with no "off" games. i know DURING the game when im shooting sub 40% on wide open J's and my opponent is knocking down contested 3's i want to throw the controller through the fucking screen but isn't that kind of like real basketball too?

yeah that was happening to me and konex. no way in hell should my other guys have missed as many open shots as they did...it was real frustrating

and i think some of the animations in this game are dumb. certain dribblers have an animation where, if you just leave them standing, they'll kinda dribble their way backwards/out of bounds. mike conley is the master of this

DMczaf

CB3 said:
\5 seconds left. Inbounds to AI, Immediatly goes into some fucking 3 second long animation being guarded by steve blake. by the time i get a pass off its Josh Howard for a 3 as my only chance. of course that didnt go in.

I hate animations in this game

My biggest complaint about NBA2K8 was the long ass animations that took control away from the player.

I swear they added even more of them in 2K9.

By the end of this generation, we're just going to be watching the game like its Demo Mode.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
the screen play? yeah, basically the PF screens my SG's man and it's an open look. you can combat it by playing zone or jumping the screen. let me guess, using screens is cheesy now? you can actually defend that play. guess what play you can't really defend? lebron's "raging bull" toward the basket for an easy dunk. tit for tat i say!

you had 2 airballs the entire game and i had 1 airball. i guess you can blame the netcode if you want, but the proof is in the pudding: you shot better than me from the field and behind the arc. the only reason i won was my rebounding and the fact that i was getting foul calls (20 FT's).

p.s. shooting above 50% is "bad" now? :lol i would kill to shoot at 50% consistently

I have no clue why everything I say after one of our games is an attack at you. I never said that you annoyed me with that play. I said it was annoying that my defenders couldn't get around those screens. I tried a zone for a bit and you murdered me during that stretch. I was frustrated during that game. I never got into a flow at all. My game usually builds off of my defense and that didn't happen in this game.

I know that "raging bull" crap with is lame. And if it's in the half court I guarantee that almost half the time it isn't my intention at all. I usually trying for a pull-up jumper. But his animation package is so dunk heavy that I'll be holding away from the basket for a quick fade-away jumper and he will just do a 180 reverse over some guys. He had one dunk in our game where he went through one guy and dunked on two others. It was nasty. But I would much rather have a player where I could consistently hit mid-range jumpers with.

I am really lost right now with shooting though. Like I said earlier I don't know if it's lag related or just mental. I'm used to "feeling"when to release the shot stick just from knowing a players release but, lately I find myself watching the player and then trying to judge the release point visually and it's not working. I took a three at the end of our game there with Mo Williams and it was all air. Not the best way to end a game. I guess I need to play more practice games and get used to my team again.

If anyone is wondering how to check lag just pause the game and hold the stick up or down. It will cycle through the options in the menu. If it's laggy you will notice it running slowly at first. It will speed up and smooth out though then you can go back to the game. I do see almost every single game. At the start of each game I watch my opponent go through the menus to make adjustments and usually scroll through everything really smoothly, then I'll get in there and it will be really laggy.
Just wanted to explain how you can tell if you are lagging or if your opponent is.

Mrbob

I'm now fielding trade offers for Shawn Marion.

I want a shoosting SF in return.

Let me know if anyone is interested!

Oh and the worst animation in the game is the full body rape when an oppoenent goes around you for a steal. Especially on fast breaks as it slows you down when you are going for some easy points and allows the defense to catch up. I honestly think doing this is cheese but whatever there is no way of knowing when you hit steal what kind of animation you will get.

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:

Oh and the worst animation in the game is the full body rape when an oppoenent goes around you for a steal. Especially on fast breaks as it slows you down when you are going for some easy points and allows the defense to catch up. I honestly think doing this is cheese but whatever there is no way of knowing when you hit steal what kind of animation you will get.
Keliza for Marion.

DCX

Barrage

Truelize said:
I know that "raging bull" crap with is lame. And if it's in the half court I guarantee that almost half the time it isn't my intention at all. I usually trying for a pull-up jumper. But his animation package is so dunk heavy that I'll be holding away from the basket for a quick fade-away jumper and he will just do a 180 reverse over some guys. He had one dunk in our game where he went through one guy and dunked on two others. It was nasty. But I would much rather have a player where I could consistently hit mid-range jumpers with.

Joe Johnson for Lebron is now on the table.

Mrbob said:

the only guy i could offer is rudy. and i'm not doing that straight up
my team has the worst trading chips :(

Smokey

If you want to know how laggy the game is going to be, pause it before the game starts. While you're setting your settings look at the timer. If you notice that the clock is going from one second to another longer than one second should really be, then you know how much lag you're going to have and how early you need to release your shots to make up for it. If the clock is counting down relatively normal then you may not have very much lag.

This is what I do to judge lag, and adjust my shot releases accordingly.

Why I consistently give away these little tidbits I'll never know!
---

Those who play Malley, remember he is banned from GAF. You'll need to contact him through XBL to set something up w/ him.

Same with Magic owner. Contact him through XBL, his tag is hey low 2.

I have no clue why everything I say after one of our games is an attack at you.

well the last time that happened i assumed you meant i wasn't playing on-ball D. then i said what are you talking about i played on ball D most of the time. then you said hey relax buddy i never claimed you didn't!

then a few weeks later you admitted that you thought i wasn't playing on-ball D but didn't want to start drama :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
well the last time that happened i assumed you meant i wasn't playing on-ball D. then i said what are you talking about i played on ball D most of the time. then you said hey relax buddy i never claimed you didn't!

then a few weeks later you admitted that you thought i wasn't playing on-ball D but didn't want to start drama :lol

Ok I got you. But my comments from our game yesterday were about how frustrated I was that I couldn't defend your team well at all. I wasn't ready for that game at all. Your style once again has beaten me. And you style has changed too.

So this time I was being honest and I wasn't mad at you at all. I was mad at Mo Williams and his 1 for 7 shooting and his airball at the end of the game though. Bitchass Mo.

Regarding Lebron: I could never rationalize trading Lebron away because it would kill me to send him to someone else and then have that person figure out his shot release better than I could. The only other person that has used Bron in our leagues is DCX and he agreed back then that his shot was very hard to time. The animation is a lot better now though. The tough part is that his release is SO much different than everyone else's in the game. And that because it is a slow release he can be blocked rather easily (which doesn't happen in real life at all).

DiddyBop

Smokey said:
If you want to know how laggy the game is going to be, pause it before the game starts. While you're setting your settings look at the timer. If you notice that the clock is going from one second to another longer than one second should really be, then you know how much lag you're going to have and how early you need to release your shots to make up for it. If the clock is counting down relatively normal then you may not have very much lag.

i knew there mustve been a reason why baron shot 30 something percent last season when in practice i would get perfect release everytime.

what other lil tidbits are you hiding smokey?! spill it!:lol

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
Ok I got you. But my comments from our game yesterday were about how frustrated I was that I couldn't defend your team well at all. I wasn't ready for that game at all. Your style once again has beaten me. And you style has changed too.

So this time I was being honest and I wasn't mad at you at all. I was mad at Mo Williams and his 1 for 7 shooting and his airball at the end of the game though. Bitchass Mo.

Regarding Lebron: I could never rationalize trading Lebron away because it would kill me to send him to someone else and then have that person figure out his shot release better than I could. The only other person that has used Bron in our leagues is DCX and he agreed back then that his shot was very hard to time. The animation is a lot better now though. The tough part is that his release is SO much different than everyone else's in the game. And that because it is a slow release he can be blocked rather easily (which doesn't happen in real life at all).
The problem is he jumps so much higher than anybody on his jumpshot in real life that it never gets blocked, in 2K they have the "look" of his shot down, but they make him jump higher to avoid getting blocked by PG, let alone forwards and centers. I loved Bron, i led the league in scoring then too ;)

DCX

Bucks here. I'll be able to play a couple games tonight. I'll only be able to play from 830 (maybe before) til 1030 ET, and i'd like to get two games in. Maybe one game at 830 ET and another at 920-930 ET?

Any of my week 3 opponents, just let me know what's going on.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
Bucks here. I'll be able to play a couple games tonight. I'll only be able to play from 830 (maybe before) til 1030 ET, and i'd like to get two games in. Maybe one game at 830 ET and another at 920-930 ET?

Any of my week 3 opponents, just let me know what's going on.

Damn looks like I'm going to miss you buy a hour or so.

What about tomorrow?

i have a question. why are you guys talking about lebron like you're expecting him to make jumpshots?

and smokey, if there is lag, does that mean we need to release later than normal?

has anyone spoke with zep? if he's not going to play why don't we offer the team to one of these guys who wanted to join?

dont get me wrong i love BC Zep, but if he has other stuff going on there's no reason to give people free wins when we have others waiting to play.

p.s. diddy when can you play tonight? ill be home in about 20 mins if you can play

FrenchMovieTheme said:
has anyone spoke with zep? if he's not going to play why don't we offer the team to one of these guys who wanted to join?

dont get me wrong i love BC Zep, but if he has other stuff going on there's no reason to give people free wins when we have others waiting to play.

p.s. diddy when can you play tonight? ill be home in about 20 mins if you can play
oh lord, if zep gives up his sit. i wouldn't be able to resist to finally using Rip. I dont care if i have to come home earlier!
Gimme, YES!!!!
sbhm3p.gif

DiddyBop

FrenchMovieTheme said:

im not sure,my sis has firends over now so it depends on when they leave. hopefully they leave before 12 est so i can watch the replay of 24 and play you also.i'll PM you when i know.

CB3

DiddyBop said:
im not sure,my sis has firends over now so it depends on when they leave. hopefully they leave before 12 est so i can watch the replay of 24 and play you also.i'll PM you when i know.
i think we need pictures of your sister and her friends for proof. so we know your not lying.

charsace

DiddyBop said:
Sounds like you're full of shit. pic or GTFO.

Top Bottom