• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Mrbob

Well to be honest, the only two guys I want on your team is Kidd and Dirk and I know you won't want to part with either of them.

Cerrius said:

All you have to do is say the magic word...Al Richardson. :D

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Mrbob said:

Al Richardson? wat

By the end of this season, you'll know his name damn it.

I SWEAR TO YOU THIS IS WAR.

Zep

Banned
AL Richardson :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Damn bob.

:lol :lol :lol

we love you bob

I remember in high school my friend came up to me, and we were talking about MJ's return with the Wizards and he kept going "dude alexander hamilton is so good" and we were like "IT'S RICHARD HAMILTON, ALEXANDER HAMILTON WAS THE PRESIDENT YOU FAT FUCK"

Mrbob said:
Beasley is on the trading block. *

*except for cerrius

Rudy gay?

Hunter D

Mrbob said:
Well to be honest, the only two guys I want on your team is Kidd and Dirk and I know you won't want to part with either of them.

quoted so that it can be remember. Al Richardson>all.

i dont give a shit about the ratings. i can't shoot with terry. stackhouse got more PT and shots coming off the bench because i can shoot with him. i just don't got it with terry!

well thats the thing i looked at. even if he's useless to me on offense (as terry is), his on the ball defense is very good, as is his perimeter defense. i know there is a 5 point rating difference, but i'm not trading with the expectation to get a big offensive boost. i have all the offense i need in mcgirk!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
well thats the thing i looked at. even if he's useless to me on offense (as terry is), his on the ball defense is very good, as is his perimeter defense. i know there is a 5 point rating difference, but i'm not trading with the expectation to get a big offensive boost. i have all the offense i need in mcgirk!

ill have something for Dirk when we play

what will you have? he already had HIS way against you when we played last time. there isn't anything you can do about it except hope that he misses. his hunger for scoring is insatiable

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I think all you guys are agreeing to trade before you even have an attempt to know what others will offer for your guys.

AirBrian - I might have been interested in Hughes. I liked him a couple of years ago. Could you give you a higher rated 3 point shooter than Jason Terry that would work good beside Rose.

Zep - I've liked having Stuckey on my second line as a backup SG. We could talk.

West, Wally, Sasha and Big Ben are all available as of right now. I'm looking for an athletic SG or a good defender at the guard and SF positions.

Take a look at your squads people and if there are people available on the block lets post in here and everyone can take a look.

I really think the Washington Wizards are stacked. As are Gun Shot Wound (GSW). Monta Ellis has like a 90+ midrange rating. Biedrins is a beast. Crawford/Maggette etc.

Great sleeper pick in the Wolves, Cerrius. They are damm solid. They have Al Harrington in the post, and he just pours in buckets. (ahahaha)

But I can' t pass up an updated Roy. His new isomotion package is sick. And they decided to bump his 3pt rating up from 75.

Plus I got a bad taste in my mouth from the Championship Sweep.

So yea, you guys already got me down.

Hopefully we can get my nephew in, I have a couple of 48 hr thingies, just let me know, he would be a great addition.

DCX

DCX
kirbybreezy said:
I really think the Washington Wizards are stacked. As are Gun Shot Wound (GSW). Monta Ellis has like a 90+ midrange rating. Biedrins is a beast. Crawford/Maggette etc.

Great sleeper pick in the Wolves, Cerrius. They are damm solid. They have Al Harrington in the post, and he just pours in buckets. (ahahaha)

But I can' t pass up an updated Roy. His new isomotion package is sick. And they decided to bump his 3pt rating up from 75.

Plus I got a bad taste in my mouth from the Championship Sweep.

So yea, you guys already got me down.

Hopefully we can get my nephew in, I have a couple of 48 hr thingies, just let me know, he would be a great addition.
He plays for the Knicks, wait a minute what league are we joining the beginner's league!??!! :lol :lol :lol

DCX

AirBrian

FMT, once you get Hughes' shot down, he's money. Just ask CB who owned me with him right after we made the trade last season (how many 3's did you have in that game?). :lol I need offense and I can shoot better with JET. I am losing a big perimeter defender, but I think my D is good enough where I can afford to lose Hughes (who honestly didn't get many minutes last season before I traded him to CB). If you needed defense and I needed offense, I think this is a good trade for both of us.

Truelize said:
I think all you guys are agreeing to trade before you even have an attempt to know what others will offer for your guys.

AirBrian - I might have been interested in Hughes. I liked him a couple of years ago. Could you give you a higher rated 3 point shooter than Jason Terry that would work good beside Rose.

Zep - I've liked having Stuckey on my second line as a backup SG. We could talk.

West, Wally, Sasha and Big Ben are all available as of right now. I'm looking for an athletic SG or a good defender at the guard and SF positions.

Take a look at your squads people and if there are people available on the block lets post in here and everyone can take a look.
Thanks for the offer but I like JET. I wouldn't want to go back on the deal with FMT anyway...I'm a man of my word!

Mrbob

I'm glad I could make your guys night! :D

To add insult to injury, I lost a bet to SLO and this is what I have to wear the next week. :/

maybe updated from the last patch then, in any case, that site should help with trade negotiations*. btw, pheeniks you still haven't told me who you want.

*ahem, zep and ecnal.

Zep

Banned
A.I is off the table :| He's already been dealt in a pending trade..

I doubt I have any bench players you would want.

DCX

DCX
viakado said:
:lol :lol the Empire Strikes back! damn you Smokey!!
damn dude...it's all blowing up in your face...see, when you two and three time people shit happens :lol :lol :lol :D It's all in good fun, but i do hope you find some players than fit your system.

DCX

viakado said:
maybe updated from the last patch then, in any case, that site should help with trade negotiations*. btw, pheeniks you still haven't told me who you want.

*ahem, zep and ecnal.

there are a lot of players i want

who do YOU want (not trading OJ!)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
We are going to keep trades open. No untradeable players.

BUT

Any trade involving a player that is rated 85 or higher will go through a one day approval votes by league members. We will post a poll on the league website and if anyone objects to the trade they are to PM myself and Smokey and let us know why you feel the trade is unfair/imbalanced.

Anyone have a problem with that?

If we are playing in a sim league then we are doing everything we can to be realistic and "sim". All basketball fantasy leagues do this too.
And seriously there isn't a general manager on the planet that would have traded Iverson for Brent Barry. Not even Isiah Thomas or John Paxson. :D

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:

BUT

Any trade involving a player that is rated 85 or higher will go through a one day approval votes by league members. We will post a poll on the league website and if anyone objects to the trade they are to PM myself and Smokey and let us know why you feel the trade is unfair/imbalanced.

If we are playing in a sim league then we are doing everything we can to be realistic and "sim". All basketball fantasy leagues do this too.
And seriously there isn't a general manager on the planet that would have traded Iverson for Brent Barry. Not even Isiah Thomas or John Paxson. :D
Do you follow the NBA?? THe man would have traded for Shawn Kemp and all his child support and give up three number 1 picks!

DCX

Smokey

Truelize said:

BUT

I'm not 100% on this. Bias can easily enter somebody's mind if they want a trade to go down or not. Teams could be in the same division and because of that choose not to approve a trade. I don't think other people should have a say on YOUR team that you will be using for 30 games/ 2 months.

What I think is a better situation is to give everybody 2 players on their team that they want to protect. Their choice. These players CANNOT be traded at all during the season. Everybody else on the roster can be fair game. Most (decent) teams in the NBA have at least two players that their team revolves around.

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
I'm not 100% on this. Bias can easily enter somebody's mind if they want a trade to go down or not. Teams could be in the same division and because of that choose not to approve a trade. I don't think other people should have a say on YOUR team that you will be using for 30 games/ 2 months.

What I think is a better situation is to give everybody 2 players on their team that they want to protect. Their choice. These players CANNOT be traded at all during the season. Everybody else on the roster can be fair game. Most (decent) teams in the NBA have at least two players that their team revolves around.
Yeah i agree, if lessons from the past teach us anything ( Fifty ) its on you to blow up your team and end up with a team you can roll with. I have a few players on my team that are untouchable, and some player i just dont like regardless of rating. I have a way to my game and if someone doesn't fit, they dont fit and i will be damned if a groups of " hater " will vote me down based on whats good for the league.

Trust me when i say scouting players and testing them and making sure it all works out trade wise is a bigger headache than just learning your team with no trades. It's a risk vs reward. We will be fine and i'm sure we all will be competitive.

DCX

Mrbob

Yeah I agree more with the untouchable status than voting on every 85+ trade.

I'm too lazy to want to participate in a vote anyway.

Top Bottom