• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Hunter D

Smokey why didn't you play augustin during our match? You got me kind of scared now. You plan on lighting up the league with him?

Smokey

Hunter D said:
Smokey why didn't you play augustin during our match? You got me kind of scared now. You plan on lighting up the league with him?

was only my 2nd time playing w/ the cats. And I dunno if you can move people from IR to active in regular matches. I forgot about him until i looked at the bench and didn't see a backup pg and forgot he was hurt..

I need to work on shooting releases. Only person I have down is Gerald Wallace's.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Hahaha :lol Smokey you kill me man.

Blame the whole switch from the Rockets on me everyone. I jokingly asked Smokey if he was the best player or had the best team.

We all know he is the best player. That is pretty clear.

I think it is awesome that you picked a low ranked team though man. I would compare this to FMT in the Madden leagues past where his 49ers were one of the worst teams in the game and he would still win. The best player can win with the worst team.

And I'm sure you will my friend.

Smokey

Truelize said:
Hahaha :lol Smokey you kill me man.

Blame the whole switch from the Rockets on me everyone. I jokingly asked Smokey if he was the best player or had the best team.

We all know he is the best player. That is pretty clear.

I think it is awesome that you picked a low ranked team though man. I would compare this to FMT in the Madden leagues past where his 49ers were one of the worst teams in the game and he would still win. The best player can win with the worst team.

And I'm sure you will my friend.

uh huh --i'm cool w/ the bobcats. played 3 games against hunter and i'm starting to settle in w/ them. i love how i have so many scorers on the team. 6 players last game in double figures.

League sliders:

Hall of Fame

Close shooting: 46
Midrange:50
3pt:50
everything else same

offensive rebounding: 20
defensive rebounding :65
stamina: 43

everything else default

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Good luck with the Boobs, Smokey! If you win with them, you have proven I suck at NBA 2K9 (which really doesn't need to be proven). Eeeeeyoooorrrrre! :lol

holy shit smokey is serious? that sucks, a person should get to use their team and he is clearly a rockets fan. although i guess if he wants to prove he can win with a garbage squad like the bobcats thats cool (and im sure he will)

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
holy shit smokey is serious? that sucks, a person should get to use their team and he is clearly a rockets fan. although i guess if he wants to prove he can win with a garbage squad like the bobcats thats cool (and im sure he will)

They are the 2nd to worse team...with the Thunder being 1st.

But all 5 players in my starting lineup are 80+.

I'll make it work.

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
They are the 2nd to worse team...with the Thunder being 1st.

But all 5 players in my starting lineup are 80+.

I'll make it work.
He will, he already has Felton and Wallace playing like Pippen and Jordan with Okafer looking like a healthy LJ! Skill is skill no matter what, as i will prove with the best team in the game and not win the championship :p

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
He will, he already has Felton and Wallace playing like Pippen and Jordan with Okafer looking like a healthy LJ! Skill is skill no matter what, as i will prove with the best team in the game and not win the championship :p

DCX

wat:lol

Sorry for taking so long to post in here guys, I didn't even realize this thread existed all ready.

I'll take the Milwaukee Bucks.

I should be able to sign in tomorrow night.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
Sorry for taking so long to post in here guys, I didn't even realize this thread existed all ready.

I'll take the Milwaukee Bucks.

I should be able to sign in tomorrow night.

and so it is done.

AirBrian said:
How did you make a trade already? I can't get anything to work on the 2K site?

it was more of verbal agreement
i watched sun miss 3 open shots last night. i will make him a superstar!

smokey i didn't have to look it up or enter password, i just looked at "My Invites", but if you didn't send invites to certain people from the get go then they wouldn't have it there

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
smokey i didn't have to look it up or enter password, i just looked at "My Invites", but if you didn't send invites to certain people from the get go then they wouldn't have it there

Oh ok. Yeah I sent out invites to the people I had on my friend list. I guess if you didn't get an invite though you'll have to look it up in the league screen and enter password.

Smokey

DiddyBop said:
bobcats eh? their D is a friggin terror, and that lil rat augustine is annoying as hell. this will be interesting.

i haven't been able to play with him yet. i tried activating him before zep and i played and he still didn't show up. i tried yesterday too.

DiddyBop

i was just taking a look at them as i signed into the league,they are pretty underrated,not as bad as denog made them out to be. overall rating of 78 is a lot better than the kings,bucks,clippers,bulls,etc. solid pg and back up pg, and if i didnt have oneal i would be trying to trade for okafor right away,ppl forget about that guy. i kinda like this team:lol. but they dont match up against teams like the lakers,celtics, or even the mavericks. smokey's push for the playoffs will be one i will be watching closely.

Smokey

DiddyBop said:
i was just taking a look at them as i signed into the league,they are pretty underrated,not as bad as denog made them out to be. overall rating of 78 is a lot better than the kings,bucks,clippers,bulls,etc. solid pg and back up pg, and if i didnt have oneal i would be trying to trade for okafor right away,ppl forget about that guy. i kinda like this team:lol. but they dont match up against teams like the lakers,celtics, or even the mavericks. smokey's push for the playoffs will be one i will be watching closely.

okafor surprised me how solid he is.

i'll get into playoffs...just may not be 28-2 when I get there.

Top Bottom