• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Mrbob

I wish my guys could box out on free throws. What a junk ending.

Up 82-79 I get a deflection 3 guys go around the ball don't get it kidd somehow grabs it dirk open down low hits shot fouled. Then misses free throw mavs recover under get a layup and is up 83-82. One more game to go and i'm done wooo someone get the final playoff spot please!

also my game against bob was a WTF kind of game quarter by quarter.

first quarter i couldn't miss, he couldn't make shit.

2nd quarter was a bit more even

3rd quarter i couldn't make a shot, bob was missing shots but seemed to score every rebound

4th quarter was again even for the most part, but i know bob is going to (rightfully) bitch about a missed FT i had where i got the board and the immediate put-back for the lead.

what i dont get about the game sometimes is i know i put my defensive help at 0, but for some reason my guys still come out on people! just leave them!

Smokey

Just played jordan from NBA-GAF b/c he wanted to challenge me..and yeah.

I won 99-96. 8 min quarters like our league. dude had 84 PIP to my 48. 8. 4.

EIGHTY-FOUR

:lol

I played like I normally do in the GAF games, but him? *whistles* . I'm talkin everything you'd expect from a random game. Tapping LT to get passed defender every time down court. Dunk w/ Mayo. Dunk w/ Gay. Dunk w/ Gasol. Rinse repeat the entire game. Had a cheeky smile on my face when he still lost despite scoring 84 PIP:lol :lol It was a fun game though.

Raja Bell is the new Redd btw!

28PTS
12-17 FG
5-8 3PT

Mrbob

I don't know why I can't recover deflections to be honest. They kill me all the time. I wish my asshole players wouldn't deflect the ball if they don't get it back. Which they never do. It always puts my defense out of position.

Airbrian let me know when you can play so you can have a free win buddy! Man I'm almost free from this game I can taste it!

bob every block i got YOUR team got back!

when i paused the game in the 3rd it wasn't to see PIP, it was to see how many offensive rebounds you had. that's not even counting my blocks that you recovered (i honestly think every block i had your guys got back, and i had like 8 blocks)

it was still a fun game, just can't believe i blew that 16 pt lead and was down by 4 at one point. jameer nelson torched me from downtown

Smokey said:
Just played jordan from NBA-GAF b/c he wanted to challenge me..and yeah.

I won 99-96. 8 min quarters like our league. dude had 84 PIP to my 48. 8. 4.

EIGHTY-FOUR

:lol

I played like I normally do in the GAF games, but him? *whistles* . I'm talkin everything you'd expect from a random game. Tapping LT to get passed defender every time down court. Dunk w/ Mayo. Dunk w/ Gay. Dunk w/ Gasol. Rinse repeat the entire game. Had a cheeky smile on my face when he still lost despite scoring 84 PIP:lol :lol It was a fun game though.

Raja Bell is the new Redd btw!

28PTS
12-17 FG
5-8 3PT
i played him a couple of times too. fool's gotta be the biggest cheeser on gaf.:lol
btw, nice shooze hunter. shit is sexy!

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
bob every block i got YOUR team got back!

when i paused the game in the 3rd it wasn't to see PIP, it was to see how many offensive rebounds you had. that's not even counting my blocks that you recovered (i honestly think every block i had your guys got back, and i had like 8 blocks)

it was still a fun game, just can't believe i blew that 16 pt lead and was down by 4 at one point. jameer nelson torched me from downtown

I'm not talking about blocks...that happens to me too because the AI is retarded. I'm talking about flat out pass deflections off of interior passes. I deflect them all the time and hardly ever get them back. The AI around the ball reacts to it and it puts your d out of position if you don't get it back.

I had 3 guys standing around the ball and they just watched it hit the ground, kidd strolls in and grabs it. It is dumb but whatever what can you do. I guess I'll be going on my anti 2k strike once more after one more game!

I am in a bind though. I want to get rid of this game ASAP...if I beat Airbrian I'm going to make the playoffs. But I don't want to throw the game either! I'll have to make it look close and lose!

AirBrian

Mrbob said:
I don't know why I can't recover deflections to be honest. They kill me all the time. I wish my asshole players wouldn't deflect the ball if they don't get it back. Which they never do. It always puts my defense out of position.

Airbrian let me know when you can play so you can have a free win buddy! Man I'm almost free from this game I can taste it!
Haha, I'm going 5-0 this week!

I should be free most of Saturday and Sunday.

Mrbob

viakado said:
Piston's here.

@ Orlando Magic
@ Portland Blazers
@ Milwaukee Bucks
@ Chicago Bulls
Phoenix Suns

i'll be available after 5:30pm PST

You better win at least 3 of your last 5!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
this thread is the last place konex looks. no point asking for him here

better chance of alex smith becoming a good quarterback...

gg chars, i seemed to get raped from beyond the arc :(

p.s. is there really a need to pause the game to type out a message that says BS FOUL? just tell me after the game here on the boards, its a waste of time!

that and looking at replays. who gives a shit if your hand went through my guys arm, looking at the replay wont change it!

Anybody who has the Bucks on their schedule, I'll be able to play virtually all day tomorrow. I thought I'd be able to play tonight, but I ended up working late so I'm just going to get some rest now.

I'll be around starting at around 2:30 EST tomorrow afternoon and should be able to play until at least 10 EST. Just post in here or message me on XBL if you can play.

charsace

There has to be one of two reason why the Hawks got even better now than the first time I played them. They are:

1. The league is rigged and I am one of the fucking morons not in the loop.

2. The league is filled with fucking morons.

I was playing the hawks close and thought I would have a good chance of winning because Manu would have to go to the bench right? Wrong. He has motherfucking Mayo on the bench. I can't be the only one that got molested by Smith so I am having a hard time understanding why some of you felt like giving the hawks fast guards, midrange/three point shooters and lock-defenders. Do some of you like seeing the good teams get better?

nets still here.

Smokey

charsace said:
There has to be one of two reason why the Hawks got even better now than the first time I played them. They are:

1. The league is rigged and I am one of the fucking morons not in the loop.

2. The league is filled with fucking morons.

I was playing the hawks close and thought I would have a good chance of winning because Manu would have to go to the bench right? Wrong. He has motherfucking Mayo on the bench. I can't be the only one that got molested by Smith so I am having a hard time understanding why some of you felt like giving the hawks fast guards, midrange/three point shooters and lock-defenders. Do some of you like seeing the good teams get better?

nets still here.

It's amazing isn't it.

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that and looking at replays. who gives a shit if your hand went through my guys arm, looking at the replay wont change it!

Haha it happened in his game too? Same thing happened in our game exploiting a glitch eh?!?! :lol

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. is there really a need to pause the game to type out a message that says BS FOUL? just tell me after the game here on the boards, its a waste of time!

Remember the days of BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS in NFL2K!

@ San Antonio Spurs
Los Angeles Lakers
Detroit Pistons
Toronto Raptors
Memphis Grizzlies

If any of you want to play today/tonight let me know. If not today it'll have to be Sunday or Monday night.

ChrisJames said:
@ San Antonio Spurs
Los Angeles Lakers
Detroit Pistons
Toronto Raptors
Memphis Grizzlies

If any of you want to play today/tonight let me know. If not today it'll have to be Sunday or Monday night.
let's play tonight. i should be home around 5:30pm pst

Haha it happened in his game too? Same thing happened in our game exploiting a glitch eh?!?!

that comment was about YOU replaying it, chars didn't do a replay like that :lol

typical bob though, he plays a game until he finds a flaw he can blame his losing on then he quits.... NCAA/Madden/NBA style!

Mrbob

Damn cheeser!

I'm still in this league, you can't hold it over me!

Unfortunately I think I'm going to make the playoffs so I have more nba2k to play. :(

Top Bottom