• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Barrage

Fucking bullshit ending to my game with ecnal. Not his fault, fucking dumbass 2K AI's fault. Down by 2 with 24 seconds, left and not one goddamn cocksucking mongoloid on my team will foul despite me SMASHING THE FUCKING BUTTON.

Fuck. I want to headbutt something right now

DCX

DCX
Hey guys, i'm sorry for not being around. I had my family over the weekend. I'll be home tonight to play my games after 9pm est. I'll be out of town tuesday through friday. Going to Cali.

DCX

AirBrian

Sorry guys, I was planning on getting some games in this weekend, but I've been sick. I'm not feeling much better today, so I can't commit to anything tonight just yet.

Smokey

viakado said:
what time does the season end tonight? im working late tonight. probably til 8pm pst.

i'll leave it open until 11pm central today b/c it's the last day.

today is judgment day men. standings as of now:

1. Bobcats - B .
  2. Blazers - B .
  3. Nuggets -B
  4. Suns - B
  5. Lakers - B
  6. Twolves - W
  7. Hawks - W
  8. Magic -W
  9. Pacers - B
  10. Raptors - W
  11. Cavs - B
  12. Mavs - B
  13. Celtics - W
  14. Heat - W
  15. Nets - B
  16. Pistons - B

10 teams in from black conference
6 teams in from white conference

Since 2k hasn't included support for conferences through the actual game, the playoffs will be set up like the NCAA tourney.

----Playoff Matchups as of 12:45p----

1. Bobcats
16. Pistons

8. Magic
9. Pacers

5. Lakers
12. Mavericks

4. Suns
13. Celtics

6. Wolves
11. Cavs

3. Nuggets
14. Heat

7. Hawks
10. Raptors

2. Blazers
15. Nets

Of course these seedings will probably change tonight. Also notice I have quite a bit of simming to do sooooooo yeah, this will look a bit different by the time tonight comes around. Some in right now may not be depending on how kind the 2k coin flip is to you.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
You've got to be kidding me. I have to play the wolves? I would rather maturbate with sandpaper gloves on.
More games of animation glitching in my future. Yeah!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Truelize said:
You've got to be kidding me. I have to play the wolves? I would rather maturbate with sandpaper gloves on.

Don't worry, I'm sure LeCheese will get you through the series just fine.

If you can't bullrush into the paint with LeCheese, kick it out for the auto Delonte West or Mo Williams three. rinse repeat.

Simple but effective strategy as you demonstrated in our game.

charsace

Blazers got the wrong low seed. BRoy gonna be out after the first game due to, "concussion, nut slapped during elbow dunk posterization." Vince gonna be dropping some teabag bombs. World War 3 bitch.

Smokey

charsace said:
Blazers got the wrong low seed. BRoy gonna be out after the first game due to, "concussion, nut slapped during elbow dunk posterization." Vince gonna be dropping some teabag bombs. World War 3 bitch.

:lol

Truelize said:

Well quite a few games are going to be simmed. So you could move up or down in seeding and maybe avoid him.

McGirk wants the Suns!

give it to him smokey!

md_42978126_Dirk_Nowitzki.jpg

DCX, I can play at/around 9. I'll meet you in the lobby unless something changes for you.

DiddyBop said:
busy weekend,but i'll be here to play my games after 10 pm est i hope.

Well that sounds promising... Too late for me anyways.

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
DCX, I can play at/around 9. I'll meet you in the lobby unless something changes for you.

Well that sounds promising... Too late for me anyways.
I'm on Chris.

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cerrius said:
Don't worry, I'm sure LeCheese will get you through the series just fine.

If you can't bullrush into the paint with LeCheese, kick it out for the auto Delonte West or Mo Williams three. rinse repeat.

Simple but effective strategy as you demonstrated in our game.

No what I did was win. Just like I did before. But I don't worry about cheesing you at all. With your play style this season none of us ever have to. Deliberate or not.

I used a ton of different moves and offensive sets to get my points. And I will take advantage of the three ball against you because you don't defend shooters at all. You haven't since 2k8.
You on the other hand did one of two moves with Beasley 90% of the time he had the ball. I'm glad you still know where that Y button is, I was worried since you haven't spammed it like that since the last time I booted you out of a league due to your play with KG in 2k7.

If you weren't doing the Beasley moves (he is awesome for sure and I bet the developers can't do what you do with him) you would do that glitch isomotion move that automatically causes the defense to go into an unrecoverable animation. I lost count on how many times you did that isomotion move to glitch my defense.

It is ridiculous playing against you. Cause if you can count frames and time animations in a sports game I shudder to think of what you can do in a fighting game.

Mrbob

Truelize said:
No what I did was win. Just like I did before. But I don't worry about cheesing you at all. With your play style this season none of us ever have to. Deliberate or not.

I used a ton of different moves and offensive sets to get my points. And I will take advantage of the three ball against you because you don't defend shooters at all. You haven't since 2k8.
You on the other hand did one of two moves with Beasley 90% of the time he had the ball. I'm glad you still know where that Y button is, I was worried since you haven't spammed it like that since the last time I booted you out of a league due to your play with KG in 2k7.

If you weren't doing the Beasley moves (he is awesome for sure and I bet the developers can't do what you do with him) you would do that glitch isomotion move that automatically causes the defense to go into an unrecoverable animation. I lost count on how many times you did that isomotion move to glitch my defense.

It is ridiculous playing against you. Cause if you can count frames and time animations in a sports game I shudder to think of what you can do in a fighting game.

arrested-1-big.jpg

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I can't let this go without a response. Too juicy.

Truelize said:

If by "ton of different moves and offensive sets" you mean bullrushing into the paint with LeCheese and taking random three pointers, then yes I'd agree with you.

Hey, at least you weren't abusing the fastbreak this time. Progress!

2K9 is a broken enough game that it allows a mediocre player like you to remain competitive by draining jumpshots and threes even when contested. The majority of threes you put up in that game were completely illogical and required no plays being run. You take advantage of the fact that manual defense is a joke in this game. There was one three you took where Steve Francis' arms clipped through Delonte's and it was still a swish three. That's 2K9 basketball though, and I (plus many others) have already come to terms with how broken and defective this year's game is when it comes to being a basketball simulation.

Nice try at revisionist history. You very well know that I left that season because the league was falling apart with you at the helm. It wasn't fun, no one was following rules, and of course you were the biggest douche (and still are) by far. I haven't seen one player in this league spit so much venom at others as you have and hypocritically break rules when they suit you and you only.

If you weren't doing the Beasley moves (he is awesome for sure and I bet the developers can't do what you do with him)

I'm sure they can, after all, they have a dedicated team of testers, and a community full of cheesers that are much more well versed in the intricacies of the game mechanics than I am.

you would do that glitch isomotion move that automatically causes the defense to go into an unrecoverable animation. I lost count on how many times you did that isomotion move to glitch my defense.

You lost count of how many times I did the move, really? You're a real case, Mr. Truelize. You really are. The very fact that you try to exaggerate this issue to try and make it seem like that's all I did during our game is not only disingenuous but is the property of a true scumbag.

I attempted the driving spin move AT MOST five times during our 32 minutes of gameplay time. You lost count? Really?

I guess it wasn't convenient enough for your argument/attack to mention that I had 4 starters in double figures. Or maybe you just genuinely forgot? After all, you lost count of how many drive/spin moves I did. I'll chalk it up to bad memory for your sake.

Let me give you a refresher..

Beasley: 42
Francis: 18
Green: 15
Carney: 10

Keep chucking away at the "animation exploit" argument though. You're about as good an admin as George W. Bush was a president.

Find something better to do with your time than take cheap shots at me every chance you get in this thread.

cat fight!!!

p.s. i forgot to mention it at the time, but someone i played recently scored a postup hook shot with their PG against dampier :lol was it you chars? with harris? anyhow, i just thought it was hilarious

charsace

FrenchMovieTheme said:
cat fight!!!

p.s. i forgot to mention it at the time, but someone i played recently scored a postup hook shot with their PG against dampier :lol was it you chars? with harris? anyhow, i just thought it was hilarious
I think it was me.

Live 10 all the way!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cerrius doesn't cheese said:
If by "ton of different moves and offensive sets" you mean bullrushing into the paint with LeCheese and taking random three pointers, then yes I'd agree with you.

Hey, at least you weren't abusing the fastbreak this time. Progress!

Bullrushing must work.
Random three pointers are much easier to hit than methodically planned ones
Fast break works too. Maybe I should start doing step back random three pointers in the right corner on the fast break. Then we could both be playing the same style.

Cerrius calls me medicore said:
2K9 is a broken enough game that it allows a mediocre player like you to remain competitive by draining jumpshots and threes even when contested. The majority of threes you put up in that game were completely illogical and required no plays being run. You take advantage of the fact that manual defense is a joke in this game. There was one three you took where Steve Francis' arms clipped through Delonte's and it was still a swish three. That's 2K9 basketball though, and I (plus many others) have already come to terms with how broken and defective this year's game is when it comes to being a basketball simulation.

I don't take advantage of manual defense anywhere near as good as you do. The isomotion step back dribble move that puts the defense in an unrecoverable animation is awesome. Is that something you discovered on your own or did you read about it somewhere online? I wouldn't have noticed it myself if I didn't have a mailbox full of PMs from league members complaining about it. Great move.

Cerrius tells me about history said:
Nice try at revisionist history. You very well know that I left that season because the league was falling apart with you at the helm. It wasn't fun, no one was following rules, and of course you were the biggest douche (and still are) by far. I haven't seen one player in this league spit so much venom at others as you have and hypocritically break rules when they suit you and you only.

Rules only apply to people not named Truelize. Didn't you read the fine print. You actually came back after "leaving" that league and agreed with me how easy it was to abuse the Y button spin move that you abused. It was a great day in my douche-bagedness.
*note: I've never been at "The Helm" of a league. Always been the douche bag co-commish.*

Cerrius doesn't get that I complemented him said:
I'm sure they can, after all, they have a dedicated team of testers, and a community full of cheesers that are much more well versed in the intricacies of the game mechanics than I am.

Honest, that was a complement. I'm amazed at how good you are at this "game". But it's not sim ball and I don't enjoy it. Never doubted your skills though. I feel lucky to have won our games this season so far. And I don't go into the playoffs thinking I'm making it past you. Figured I would light the fire though. Make it interesting.

Cerrius doesn't know what move I'm talking about AND calls me a scumbag said:
You lost count of how many times I did the move, really? You're a real case, Mr. Truelize. You really are. The very fact that you try to exaggerate this issue to try and make it seem like that's all I did during our game is not only disingenuous but is the property of a true scumbag.

I attempted the driving spin move AT MOST five times during our 32 minutes of gameplay time. You lost count? Really?

You had a very balanced scoring attack. You still did the step back dribble move isomotion a lot with your PG. It's cheap period.

Cerrius shot with someone other than Beasley said:
I guess it wasn't convenient enough for your argument/attack to mention that I had 4 starters in double figures. Or maybe you just genuinely forgot? After all, you lost count of how many drive/spin moves I did. I'll chalk it up to bad memory for your sake.

Let me give you a refresher..

Beasley: 42
Francis: 18
Green: 15
Carney: 10

Cerrius throws out an American insult that has no power against my Canadian ignorance said:
Keep chucking away at the "animation exploit" argument though. You're about as good an admin as George W. Bush was a president.

Cerrius hates me said:
Find something better to do with your time than take cheap shots at me every chance you get in this thread.

I have plenty of things to do, and this was never a personal attack. I never called you the biggest "douche-bag" or a "scumbag". I just said that I don't enjoy playing against you. Even when I win it still boring. I would just rather play anyone other than you in a series of multiple games. But this conversation makes it interesting at least.

You are a good time man. A great time. The best time.

lol have people actually played live 09? 2k9 has its share of problems, but be careful what you ask for. i suppose they could take drastic steps in live '10, but based on what i've played of live 09 its not really in the same league as 2k9

charsace

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol have people actually played live 09? 2k9 has its share of problems, but be careful what you ask for. i suppose they could take drastic steps in live '10, but based on what i've played of live 09 its not really in the same league as 2k9
EA has been doing good things so quiet you!

I fail to see how 2k is far a head of live when guards can post up bigmen like this is the first nba inside drive (the last one still has the best implementation of midrange game which is sad when you think about it :( )

I don't want to sound like a whiner, but in 2 seasons I have yet to play a game against Konex and my last game is against him. I post in here every day and spam the shit out of him and get no reply. He took a good team that someone else could have used and it seemed like he hardly played. If you know you won't be able to play most of your games why take a team that will be hotly wanted by people in the league?

ecnal

FrenchMovieTheme said:

i actually have live 09 right now from gamefly, and the last live game i played was like live 96--i've played 2K since the dreamcast days.

being able to play defense and stop players is much better in live 09. there are also no crazy offensive rebounds going on, and the defensive AI schemes are FAR better. but the offensive side of the game is pretty awful compared to 2K9.

the overall package is a little cornier too in terms of how smooth the animations are and some of the graphics are still better in 2K9.

however, presentation (all the ESPN stuff that's fed into the game, more custom sounds for arenas, fiba, etc, etc, etc) + defense + live 365 are all leaps and bounds better than 2K9... IMO, if live ever nails down animations and freshens up their offensive side of the game, it's no longer a competition--live will clearly be the better game.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

2k9 is the better game. The LIVE team has been promising great things next year...for a few years now.

konex is easy to get ahold of via PM or AIM. to my knowledge he has played a good deal of his games. ive played him twice and never had any issue getting ahold of him.

as for NBA live, i know they have made strides but NBA 2k9 is still the better game. we complain about things in nba 2k9 that are in NBA live 2009 and in some cases much worse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MSkMHryMew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2iPC9cNN5Q&feature=related

there's other stuff like this. again not that 2k9 is perfect but lets not pretend the same complaining shit wouldn't come up in an nba live league

Top Bottom