• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

okay wow I read the thread and holy shit 2k :lol

and like I have said before, I don't think anything in this game is "cheap" except for 99 dunk rated players who are impossible to manually defend. everything else = fair game and defendable

Smokey

charsace said:
The season is going to end without a true conclusion. Just great. I am dling the live demo right now to see what it is about.

No it's not. Fuck 2K. We'll do it manually. Here are the seeds:

1. Bobcats
  2. Blazers
  3. Lakers
  4. Twolves
  5. Hawks
  6. Magic
  7. Nuggets
  8. Suns
  9. Pacers
  10. Cavs
  11. Mavs
  12. Raptors
  13. Nets
  14. Pistons
  15. Heat
  16. Jazz

----

Playoff matchups:

1. Bobcats
16. Jazz

8. Suns
9. Pacers

5. Hawks
12. Raptors

4. Twolves
13. Nets

6. Magic
11. Mavs

3. Lakers
14. Pistons

7. Nuggets
10. Cavs

2. Blazers
15. Heat

• Custom challenge in league lobby still use same league rules obviously
    Team w/ higher seed is home team. We'll use the 2-2-1-1-1 format for the series.
    e.g. Lakers have first 2 games at home, then 2 home games for Pistons. If series is still going then it will alternate back to a home game for Lakers, then Pistons etc. until a winner is decided.
  • Best of 7 throughout playoffs (first team to win 4 games)
  • Winner of games, come here and post w/ score as well as PIP for both teams

lakers vs. pistons?
hell to the fucking yes!
eper6p.gif

charsace

The problem with doing a manual league is that player ratings have been changed due to updates so the teams won't be same as they were during the season.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cerrius said:
I'm glad you admit it. Don't go around preaching about your "diversified offensive playbook" when it in reality it is primitive and predictable.

I mean a diversified playbook in the way that I shoot with more than just my main guy. And the bullrush comes pretty rare in the half court. Very rare. But if you take a three and miss I'm running. I get a lot of points on the fastbreak and that is how I stay in games. But I don't go for the half court dunk a lot in games. There are times when I'm just trying to take a jumper or something and the game will give some ridiculous drive/dunk/layup animation.
Bron will do what Bron will do.

Cerrius on dribbling said:
I discovered it the first week of playing the game. Any player with a ballhandling rating of 90+ has that iso move in their package. Contrary to your ignorance (and other mediocre players in this league) the move is not unrecoverable or "unblockable".

When you see the ballhandler set up the move, you fall back with your defender. Not difficult at all.

It can be difficult. There are times when you can be holding away from the ball handler the entire time and never once hit the left trigger and the game will still put you way outta position.

Cerrius said:
The only iso moves I've encountered that are truly unstoppable (and I don't perform as a result) are the continuous spin moves with smaller guards and the L trigger move (which others in this league have performed on me but they will remain nameless)

You mean the stutter step with the L trigger? I must be missing something because when I do that my guy just stands in one spot and does the quick stutter. What move?

Cerrius said:
Your memory might be failing you again. I never came back to GAF leagues until the release of NBA 2K8.

No sorry, I didn't mean you came back to the league. You sent me a message or mentioned it when we were playing Halo3 together.

Your displeasure is reciprocated. I don't enjoy playing you in basketball video games, not because of your playstyle but because of your diva, whiny attitude afterwards.

You can call me whatever names you want man. Your history is here too and there are just as many people that dislike playing you as there are people that dislike reading my diva, whiny attitude posts.

Cerrius said:
It's all good though, I'm done with 2K9 after this season. (rejoice)

You rejoice or us? :D

Smokey

charsace said:
How long will this take?

Fivering can you play tonight?

you don't play him. check the site. disregard my previous post. after we got it working here are the matchups. i didn't change anything I was happy we found a workaround to get it working so when it came up I just accepted. Didn't want to fuck w/ anything, just wanted to accept before the game decided to fuck us over again.

Jazz
Bobcats

Cavs
Pacers

Pistons
Wolves

Mavs
Magic

-----

Heat
Blazers

Nuggets
Suns

Nets
Lakers

Raptors
Hawks

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Truelize said:
I mean a diversified playbook in the way that I shoot with more than just my main guy.

That's your definition of a diversified playbook? Color me disappointed.

And the bullrush comes pretty rare in the half court. Very rare. But if you take a three and miss I'm running. I get a lot of points on the fastbreak and that is how I stay in games.

Your halfcourt game is alarmingly weak so I can see why you milk the fastbreak as much as you do.

But I don't go for the half court dunk a lot in games. There are times when I'm just trying to take a jumper or something and the game will give some ridiculous drive/dunk/layup animation.

I would think after two seasons you would know when dunk/layup animations activate.

It can be difficult. There are times when you can be holding away from the ball handler the entire time and never once hit the left trigger and the game will still put you way outta position.

I've never had a problem defending the move. Don't know what your issue is.

You mean the stutter step with the L trigger? I must be missing something because when I do that my guy just stands in one spot and does the quick stutter. What move?

Hold forward and press L trigger. Easy entry into the paint every single time.

You can call me whatever names you want man. Your history is here too and there are just as many people that dislike playing you as there are people that dislike reading my diva, whiny attitude posts.

Truelize - the Official Diva™ of NBA 2K GAF®

charsace said:
Pwnt bitch.
2ivxiw.gif

so who wants in on a one week avatar bet that i shock nba2k9-Gaf and beat cerrius in the first round?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
just think viak, if we both make it past the first round you can have your revenge on me for sweeping you last season!
oh its on, mothefuckah!

strikeselect

viakado said:
so who wants in on a one week avatar bet that i shock nba2k9-Gaf and beat cerrius in the first round?

I have no business advancing to the second round with this mediocre club. This should be an easy sweep for you.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Nuggets kinda looks like mavericks. Its a shame your so awful In this game. And street fighter.

Oh and your gf is telling me you suck in bed too. I made sure she took a long shower before I touched her so I didn't get any fmt juice on me.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol have people actually played live 09? 2k9 has its share of problems, but be careful what you ask for. i suppose they could take drastic steps in live '10, but based on what i've played of live 09 its not really in the same league as 2k9

Finally a voice of reason!

daw840

I would like to sincerely apologize for my performance this season. Things have been really hectic in my life since I moved back in with my parents. I thought I would be moving out into my own rental house a month and a half ago, but the GF and I decided it would be a better decision to stay at our respective parents houses and save up money for a down payment to purchase a house most likely at the end of the summer. If I would have known this when I signed up for the second league, I never would have made this committment. I hate missing games and screwing things up for other dedicated league players, but I couldn't play these games at my parents house due to a terribly bad internet connection so I had to figure out how to go to friends places to get games in. That obviously didn't work very well. Another downside was that I was playing on several different internet connections that had varying degrees of lag making it difficult to every figure out my team members releases. So again, I apologize for all the simming that took place with the games and my obviously poor performance in my games. I hope this doesn't affect my involvement in future leagues. Obviously, I will not be signing up for season 3 due to this problem.

p.s. I did have a GREAT time in the first season, even though I was simmed out of the playoffs due to Pheeniks' RROD.

charsace

daw840 said:
I would like to sincerely apologize for my performance this season. Things have been really hectic in my life since I moved back in with my parents. I thought I would be moving out into my own rental house a month and a half ago, but the GF and I decided it would be a better decision to stay at our respective parents houses and save up money for a down payment to purchase a house most likely at the end of the summer. If I would have known this when I signed up for the second league, I never would have made this committment. I hate missing games and screwing things up for other dedicated league players, but I couldn't play these games at my parents house due to a terribly bad internet connection so I had to figure out how to go to friends places to get games in. That obviously didn't work very well. Another downside was that I was playing on several different internet connections that had varying degrees of lag making it difficult to every figure out my team members releases. So again, I apologize for all the simming that took place with the games and my obviously poor performance in my games. I hope this doesn't affect my involvement in future leagues. Obviously, I will not be signing up for season 3 due to this problem.

p.s. I did have a GREAT time in the first season, even though I was simmed out of the playoffs due to Pheeniks' RROD.
2899649766_9ee43b63a3_o.jpg

Mrbob

Oh god it is a first round rematch again between me and the blazers noooo. :lol

Just to double check...malley beat me head to head. How am I the 15 seed and him the 16 seed? My strength of schedule must have been superior. :lol

I want you smokey! You lucked out! But in the spirit of the NCAA tournament it is now time for a 15 seed to knock off a 2 seed!

strikeselect

viakado said:
pistons vs Twolves. Round 1 Game 1. the series that made history. the series that shocked the world.
when can you play cerrius?

im available today, just msg me on Live when you can go.

Top Bottom