• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

Mrbob

I would rather have a guy clip through me for a dunk than have an arm clip through a 3 point shot!

With PiP rule you can only do this so many times!

lol if you think Live has none of those clipping problems bobby

why do you care anyways? even if we were playing Live you'd find something wrong with it so you could quit!

Mrbob

Hahaha, is that the best response you got!

I'm all about finishing my leagues now! :D

My buddy and mentor Bo has inspired me.

i'm not a programmer and have no idea how it all works, but it seems to me that it shouldn't be that impossible with todays technology to have the players "exist" in the game and if another player comes into contact with that player the game recognizes it and initiates an animation. i know its not as easy as that but come on, some shit in madden/nba/ncaa/etc isn't even CLOSE

ecnal

live 09 and 2K9 have similarly egregious glitches.

all i'm sayin is that live 09's defense is much better. also some of the presentation elements are much better. if Mike Wang (ex-2K9 lead designer) actually has a legitimate influence on live 10 (there's really no reason to believe he wont), i think 2K10 and live 10 will actually be fairly competitive.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
charsace said:
You go through bodies in 2k9 too.

Oh we weren't saying it's just Live. I mean all sports games have clipping. It's actually worse this gen than last gen. But with all these custom animations and such there is no way to get away from it.

Mrbob

It happens in all sports games in different ways...collision detection must be a bitch to program for.

In MLB 09, on a hard hit ball it will bounce of the defenders glove and into the outfield...well I've looked at replays close up and sometimes it bounces off the glove realistically and other times the ball clips through the glove to the outfield. I can't tell you why it happens only once in awhile. It is like 3 point shots in NBA where the shooters shot clips through the defenders body sometimes but other times it doesn't and the shot gets blocked.

charsace said:
You go through bodies in 2k9 too.

Not really. As someone said earlier, you just knock them over.

But then again, if you go into replay mode Im sure you can find clipping during every play of any sports game this decade. If you tried that hard!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
im not saying it's only nba live. i'm saying if you think NBA Live is going to solve all of your virtual basketball problems you are sorely mistaken!

At least the servers dont go down in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday!

Sony and EA win!

ecnal said:
live 09 and 2K9 have similarly egregious glitches.

all i'm sayin is that live 09's defense is much better. also some of the presentation elements are much better. if Mike Wang (ex-2K9 lead designer) actually has a legitimate influence on live 10 (there's really no reason to believe he wont), i think 2K10 and live 10 will actually be fairly competitive.

but 2K9 is far and away a step down from what 2K8 offered IMO.

Far and away? Delete the cache off your HDD and go play a game of each.

2k8 has the better dribbling system.

Smokey

Some straight venom going on between Truelize/Cerrius.

Anyway no games are being played at this time. I am about to sim the rest of these games and then it's on to da playoffs.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Truelize said:
Bullrushing must work.
Random three pointers are much easier to hit than methodically planned ones
Fast break works too.

I'm glad you admit it. Don't go around preaching about your "diversified offensive playbook" when it in reality it is primitive and predictable.

Truelize said:
I don't take advantage of manual defense anywhere near as good as you do. The isomotion step back dribble move that puts the defense in an unrecoverable animation is awesome. Is that something you discovered on your own or did you read about it somewhere online? I wouldn't have noticed it myself if I didn't have a mailbox full of PMs from league members complaining about it. Great move.

I discovered it the first week of playing the game. Any player with a ballhandling rating of 90+ has that iso move in their package. Contrary to your ignorance (and other mediocre players in this league) the move is not unrecoverable or "unblockable".

When you see the ballhandler set up the move, you fall back with your defender. Not difficult at all.

The only iso moves I've encountered that are truly unstoppable (and I don't perform as a result) are the continuous spin moves with smaller guards and the L trigger move (which others in this league have performed on me but they will remain nameless)

Truelize said:
You actually came back after "leaving" that league and agreed with me how easy it was to abuse the Y button spin move that you abused. It was a great day in my douche-bagedness.
*note: I've never been at "The Helm" of a league. Always been the douche bag co-commish.*

Your memory might be failing you again. I never came back to GAF leagues until the release of NBA 2K8.

Truelize said:
You had a very balanced scoring attack.

I know I did.

Truelize said:
You still did the step back dribble move isomotion a lot with your PG. It's cheap period.

Not cheap as I've already established. See above.

Truelize said:
I have plenty of things to do, and this was never a personal attack. I never called you the biggest "douche-bag" or a "scumbag". I just said that I don't enjoy playing against you. Even when I win it still boring. I would just rather play anyone other than you in a series of multiple games. But this conversation makes it interesting at least.

You are a good time man. A great time. The best time.

Your displeasure is reciprocated. I don't enjoy playing you in basketball video games, not because of your playstyle but because of your diva, whiny attitude afterwards.

It's all good though, I'm done with 2K9 after this season. (rejoice)

charsace

jordan0386 said:
Not really. As someone said earlier, you just knock them over.

But then again, if you go into replay mode Im sure you can find clipping during every play of any sports game this decade. If you tried that hard!
You don't have to watch a replay to see it. I've seen it during games. I hope EA gives Mike the keys to live so that he can fuck 2k up. 2k devs just don't care anymore and it is easy to see when playing their games.

Most people in the league don't run plays are play iso, slashing ball to generate shots so I don't see why these two are arguing. I run 8 plays so I doubt anyone in the league runs more plays than me.

Smokey

Cerrius said:
The only iso moves I've encountered that are truly unstoppable (and I don't perform as a result) are the continuous spin moves with smaller guards and the L trigger move (which others in this league have performed on me but they will remain nameless)

I do this..but I never thought of it as being unstoppable. But now that I think about it maybe, but that's not my intent. I use it as a quick first step really.

So hey I stand with my hand raised!

I AM SIMMING GAMES NOW

i use an unstoppable move all the time:

nba_g_dirk_268.jpg

mcgirks J! suck it down losers, its dirks time!

you better hope thats not the matchup DM. mcgirks mad as hell and he's not going to take it anymore!

and if that means "street ball justice" on richardson then.... well thats too bad.

now it shows a lost against the blazers. this game is screwy.
so who do i play?

Smokey said:
WTF..I sim the games...and nothing.

no playoff tree..nothing

wat tha

no playoffs?!:lol :lol

wow
wat?
:lol :lol :lol

i pick the suns!:D

DCX

DCX
Website still shows our game ( Brian and Is, as not finished ) it shows we still have one game remaining.

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
Website still shows our game ( Brian and Is, as not finished ) it shows we still have one game remaining.

DCX

um this makes no sense..i simmed everything through the game and it won't let me advance unless every game is finished.

all i can do is laugh right now:lol

:/

edit: wat about now dc.

Mrbob

Hmmm, how am I ahead of the Jazz?

I want smokey! -_-

Glad I took two auto losses the final two weeks even though I had both weeks games done in like the first 3 days. :/

But if this means I get smokey in the first round I want it to be kept!

charsace

DCX said:
Negative, i'll take them :)

DCX
No :mad:

I have 2 guys in the top 10 in ft attempts.

Wade's ft attempts number is ridiculously high though lol. Looks like the game does take some things from real life.

Smokey

There is officially nothing else I can do.

I did the usual email to an admin on the forums and to tech support. But ain't shit else I can do. It says everybody has played 30 games so.......

But there is no option for me at all.

Smokey

No choice but to wait and see what happened. I guess we'll see what happens (if I even get a response).

I'm pretty upset right now tbh.

i think the lakers/bulls game is the problem. it has a final score but no stats, that's the only game which is like that.

i tried resetting it, changing the winner, etc but it never actually changes (still credits the lakers a win even when i assigned the win to chicago)

Top Bottom