• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Diablo II thread of I can't get enough of this damn game!

ElyrionX

Hmmmm, my impression of the summoner build is actually based off what my playtime with the Necro four years ago. I don't think much has changed but I had some pretty great items then and it was really hard doing solo stuff in hell. The skeles just weren't strong enough or dealing enough damage, I recall.

ElyrionX said:
Hmmmm, my impression of the summoner build is actually based off what my playtime with the Necro four years ago. I don't think much has changed but I had some pretty great items then and it was really hard doing solo stuff in hell. The skeles just weren't strong enough or dealing enough damage, I recall.

Even with amp dmg and an Act2 NM merc with might aura?

firex

ElyrionX said:
A few months ago I played a summon necro through all of hell just fine. Bosses were cake, regular enemies were cake, and sometimes a few of the unique monsters were trouble, but very rarely.
Just because it slightly slows down in hell doesn't mean it's a bad build in hell. it's by far the strongest necro build for pvm. It's nothing compared to the wall sorcs hit in hell if they don't have an infinity polearm merc. And it's not as fast of a killing machine as a zeal/smite paladin (as in, the build with maxed zeal/fanaticism and 1 point into smite) when they get their game-breaking equipment, but it's also got way less risk and is much easier to gear up.

So last night.. I caught someone xferring in a Mule Park game :lol

Got me a frost burn gauntlets, magefists, and a eaglehorn :lol

I should make me a zon!

ElyrionX said:

Summosn got buffed at 1.10 with a big health boost and resist boost. Hence why even druid summoner is viable now.

purg3

slept with Malkin
TurtleSnatcher said:
So last night.. I caught someone xferring in a Mule Park game :lol

Got me a frost burn gauntlets, magefists, and a eaglehorn :lol

I should make me a zon!

Summosn got buffed at 1.10 with a big health boost and resist boost. Hence why even druid summoner is viable now.

Hey, I have a zon...If you get what I'm saying ;)

Somnid

My summoner in Act 2 Hell (Single Player) just hit his limits. Enemies start taking down the skeletons too fast. Zombies especially won't die and kill skeletons too easily. Since my summoner started with no wealth, I think it's fair to say even they don't last when you are completely poor.

Somnid said:
My summoner in Act 2 Hell (Single Player) just hit his limits. Enemies start taking down the skeletons too fast. Zombies especially won't die and kill skeletons too easily. Since my summoner started with no wealth, I think it's fair to say even they don't last when you are completely poor.
Did u max all synergies? Ive never had that problem even being poor.

Also amp dmg w/ corpse explosion soon as 1 body falls is what I do.. And then have revives in the mix as well.

If anyone finds a 4 open socket pole arm.. Please hold it for me.. I cant find one for the love of god.. :lol

Rur0ni

TurtleSnatcher said:
Did u max all synergies? Ive never had that problem even being poor.

Also amp dmg w/ corpse explosion soon as 1 body falls is what I do.. And then have revives in the mix as well.

If anyone finds a 4 open socket pole arm.. Please hold it for me.. I cant find one for the love of god.. :lol
I've found a few, but they were the crappy ones. Someone gave me a cryptic axe.... Insight create!

purg3

slept with Malkin
Are there any games up right now? Any difficulty will do.

Also forgot how awesome the Valkyrie is for amazons. That thing takes care of business. :lol

Rur0ni said:
I've found a few, but they were the crappy ones. Someone gave me a cryptic axe.... Insight create!
If i take a nomral non socketed pole.. can i use my socket quest and will it give it the max amount of sockets?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Stop It / StopItGAF / StopItRawr / Druid / USEast

Wow, playing D2 again after all this time brings it all back, I'm only lvl 9 atm and would welcome company. Druid abilities still rock, Wolves as pets are great fodder.

Rur0ni

TurtleSnatcher said:
If i take a nomral non socketed pole.. can i use my socket quest and will it give it the max amount of sockets?
As long as it's not a rare/magic. Depending on the item level, it will give max sockets.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/quests/rewards.shtml

This is really the best site for info.

Normal items add the max number of Sockets depending on the item's level (this is determined by the level of the monster that dropped it) and the inherent maximum number of Sockets for the item's base type. So you may not always receive the "max" number of Sockets.

firex

Somnid said:
make sure you either are using amp damage or life tap/decrepify on all the enemies. Those curses are only worth putting 1 point in, since the only thing more points into a curse does is increase their duration and the area of effect, but that one point is huge for boosting your skeletons' damage.

So I joined this act two game and we were trudging through the fucking desert. Took forever, but finally found maggot hole. Working our way through that shitfest. Message pop ups: This game will end in 90 seconds. Fuck this shit, I think I'm done.

Son of Godzilla said:
So I joined this act two game and we were trudging through the fucking desert. Took forever, but finally found maggot hole. Working our way through that shitfest. Message pop ups: This game will end in 90 seconds. Fuck this shit, I think I'm done.

What the? What the heck is that about.. are you on expansion? I can help you through act 2.

Got insight polearm finally..

crappy polearm does no dmg.. but at least I got the aura..

Can someone make a neogaf game tonight ?? I could go for xfers..

Rur0ni

TurtleSnatcher said:
Got insight polearm finally..

crappy polearm does no dmg.. but at least I got the aura..

Can someone make a neogaf game tonight ?? I could go for xfers..
I've got a five socket cryptic axe (polearm). Not sure if the extra socket = bads.

SamuraiX-

Just started playing again after 7 years. lol

GAF name / battle.net account / character name / class / realm

SamuraiX- / MetalGear780 / Shirai / Assassin / US West LADDER

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Metalic Sand / MetalicSand / MetalicSand / Assassin / USeast. ( LADDER )

Ive been playing for about 3-6 hours a day in the afternoon lately ( EST time ) I hop on and off alot. lvl 13 Atm :D

Milabrega said:
I didn't think that still happened. I'm assuming you don't have the expansion and someone killed diablo in your game.

Yea, I'm on vanilla because my cd-key was smudged and the only working combination I found gave me a That Number Wasn't Supposed To Work And We Are Shitheads error when connecting to B.Net, which not only locked me out of the expansion but got me banned from East apparantly. So I'm stuck on the server I don't want to be on, gleefully discovering how fucking ghetto the original game is and was never fucking updated for some reason. All in all, this is one of the more miserable gaming experiences I've had in quite a while.

But in other news, I reinstalled the original Diablo (BANNED FROM EAST ON THAT TOOZZ LOLOL) and it's one of the most addictive and charming games I've ever played. Certainly feels better than the lootwhore of a sequel.

Son of Godzilla said:
Yea, I'm on vanilla because my cd-key was smudged and the only working combination I found gave me a That Number Wasn't Supposed To Work And We Are Shitheads error when connecting to B.Net, which not only locked me out of the expansion but got me banned from East apparantly. So I'm stuck on the server I don't want to be on, gleefully discovering how fucking ghetto the original game is and was never fucking updated for some reason. All in all, this is one of the more miserable gaming experiences I've had in quite a while.

But in other news, I reinstalled the original Diablo (BANNED FROM EAST ON THAT TOOZZ LOLOL) and it's one of the most addictive and charming games I've ever played. Certainly feels better than the lootwhore of a sequel.
whine whine whine.

D2 is vastly superior to D1. D1 is a great game for its time but D2 crammed so much content it was awesome.

Amazing how you are blaming stuff for the CD-Key being smudged and it not allowing you to play D2XP and thus your maggot lair issue hitting you. If you didn't get a warp point in Far Oasis then thats your own dang fault.

Anyways.. Insight is AMAZING. I love it :) I never run out of mana.. my merc is living decently in hell but I need to get him some better leech gear. I really need a crown of thieves and some better armor (I have a spirit forge on him..)

My Sorc started hell tonight. She is at 76 and through Act 1.. Act 1 was so painfully hard.. Lots of Merc deaths.. kinda sucked .. I actually ran out of gold fast.

SamuraiX-

Question: My Assassin just hit Lv16. I made it to the Catacombs of Act I. Is it possible for me to solo Andariel? I think I can, but I forget how many monsters are actually down there. I'm planning to lure 'em in small groups until I get to Andy herself.

Just checking with you guys to see if I'm overlooking some huge factor that could lead to my ultimate oblivion. :lol

firex

I would say you could unless you are doing some build that's really gimp until higher levels. which I kind of doubt since I think all the good assassin builds start out strong and finish strong.

SamuraiX- said:
Question: My Assassin just hit Lv16. I made it to the Catacombs of Act I. Is it possible for me to solo Andariel? I think I can, but I forget how many monsters are actually down there. I'm planning to lure 'em in small groups until I get to Andy herself.

Just checking with you guys to see if I'm overlooking some huge factor that could lead to my ultimate oblivion. :lol

I'd say solo'ing Andy at lvl16 is a tough nut to crack but then again, I've never played an assassin.

Cantaloup

Sorry I'm late to the thread, but I just found out about it.

Cantaloup / Cantaloup / Anzra / Assassin / US East
Cantaloup / Cantaloup / Nwoz / Necromancer / US East

Not sure why, but my assassin's name shows up on homerhendrix's account?

kurahadol

Time to throw mine on here, up to Level 18 now.

kurahadol / Griffisu / Caskaa / Sorceress (Blizzard) / US East LADDER

Rur0ni

hclflow said:
Extra socket = no insight for you.
Well I've got an Insight already, but was just holding onto the 5 socket. Seems there are a few runewords for it.

Call To Arms
Doom
Eternity
Destruction
Obedience

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TheOneGuy said:
Does my stash ever get bigger?

I swear I don't remember it being this freaking small.
Mule.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TheOneGuy said:
Uh.

Thanks for answering my question, I guess?
Didn't I >_>? A mule is when you create one (or more) characters to be your extra bag.

Twig

Banned
Seiken said:
Didn't I >_>? A mule is when you create one (or more) characters to be your extra bag.
I know what a mule is! ):

My question was "does the stash get bigger", because I don't remember it being so tiny.

Returners

My weekend... gone. lvl 27 now. Cold and Lightning Sorc

Returners / Returners / SorceressofUW / Sorceress / US East LADDER

Yoshichan

TheOneGuy said:
I know what a mule is! ):

My question was "does the stash get bigger", because I don't remember it being so tiny.
No, it doesn't grow bigger :).

Unless you only have the original Diablo 2 without the expansion pack (LoD increases your space).

Twig

Banned
Seiken said:
No, it doesn't grow bigger :).

Unless you only have the original Diablo 2 without the expansion pack (LoD increases your space).
Okay then!

Next question: I was transfering stuff to some of my other characters yesterday, but then I couldn't log into B.net for like ten minutes. Is that intentional or did I just get lucky?

hclflow

Son of Godzilla said:

Wow, that blows. Never heard of someone being banned from one realm but not the others. But D1 better than D2? I.. I won't touch that with a 40-foot pole.

Cantaloup said:
Sorry I'm late to the thread, but I just found out about it.

Cantaloup / Cantaloup / Anzra / Assassin / US East
Cantaloup / Cantaloup / Nwoz / Necromancer / US East

Not sure why, but my assassin's name shows up on homerhendrix's account?

Uhh.. oops?

Yoshichan

TheOneGuy said:
Okay then!

Next question: I was transfering stuff to some of my other characters yesterday, but then I couldn't log into B.net for like ten minutes. Is that intentional or did I just get lucky?
If you log in and out from your characters more than a couple of times in a row in a small time-frame, you will be disconnected from b.net and you won't be able to log in for a while :)

EDIT: Simple solution: Create a server with a password and chill in it for 5 minutes. This way you'll be able to change character and join the server :)

Twig

Banned
Seiken said:
If you log in and out from your characters more than a couple of times in a row in a small time-frame, you will be disconnected from b.net and you won't be able to log in for a while :)
Aha, danke.

Yoshichan

Won

Man I'm still level 14. I'm too scared that I won't be able to get away from the game, if I play more. :(

Shinz Kicker/ ShinzKicker/ Shinzerker/ Us East Assassin. i had just made an assassin to

level 18 on single player, but i fucked up so here goes a new one. never played before, but i am a huge sucker for grinding and such.

Seiken said:

EDIT: Simple solution: Create a server with a password and chill in it for 5 minutes. This way you'll be able to change character and join the server :)

To be more specific.. Keep a character in a game for a little bit when xferring.. then log out and again the same process.

Changing characters multiple times in lets say 1-2 minute span can lock you out.

Its okay to do 2 or 3 times.. but 4 or more seems to lock you out.

Top Bottom