• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Diablo II thread of I can't get enough of this damn game!

SamuraiX-

Holepunch said:
laaaaame. Just got the game, but I'm in US West. Seeing how there are very few GAFers on the west coast, any way to change it to the East Coast? Because as of now its not letting me...

Hey! I'm on the West Coast! Don't goooo! We need more GAFers over here. lol

firex

Holepunch said:
laaaaame. Just got the game, but I'm in US West. Seeing how there are very few GAFers on the west coast, any way to change it to the East Coast? Because as of now its not letting me...
should just be the button below what you normally click to log in. That will give you the 4 server choices.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Still looking for a dual leech ring and a Sol rune, if anyone has one they want to part with, let me know.

Also added you guys from the game we had going to my bnet friends list.

Atrophis

Whats with the small friends list. Only got half the people added from the OP before it was full :(

Also i have a char on US East. If i want to make a char on Europe ladder, do i have to make a new b.net account as my login details arent recognised?

purg3 said:
Still looking for a dual leech ring and a Sol rune, if anyone has one they want to part with, let me know.

Also added you guys from the game we had going to my bnet friends list.
I got a sol rune you can have, but I wont be on till after work today as usual (~6 PM EDT). You're on my friends list so if when I see you get on I'll give it to you.

ElyrionX

Just thought I'd post this here.

Beware of who you mule with. I was actually transferring some stuff and this guy:

NickP786 / NickP786 / Aror / Druid

started picking them up and looking at them. So I thought, "No problem, people do that all the time and he'll probably drop them later."

I log out and log in with my mule and notice some of my stuff is gone. This guy then proceeds to drop one of the rare swords I had dropped earlier. Then I go, "Who took my runes?". He goes "I'm sorry!" and drops my runes.

I then ask what happened to the javelin I had dropped and he went "idk what happened to your jav". Less than a minute later, he logs off. WTF.

If he had asked me for it, I would probably have given it to him anyway. But stealing other people's stuff in a neogaf game is just awfully lame.

purg3

slept with Malkin
JakOfTheShadows said:
I got a sol rune you can have, but I wont be on till after work today as usual (~6 PM EDT). You're on my friends list so if when I see you get on I'll give it to you.

Sweet, thanks.

ElyrionX said:
Just thought I'd post this here.

Beware of who you mule with. I was actually transferring some stuff and this guy:

started picking them up and looking at them. So I thought, "No problem, people do that all the time and he'll probably drop them later."

I log out and log in with my mule and notice some of my stuff is gone. This guy then proceeds to drop one of the rare swords I had dropped earlier. Then I go, "Who took my runes?". He goes "I'm sorry!" and drops my runes.

I then ask what happened to the javelin I had dropped and he went "idk what happened to your jav". Less than a minute later, he logs off. WTF.

If he had asked me for it, I would probably have given it to him anyway. But stealing other people's stuff in a neogaf game is just awfully lame.

That's messed up. I usually transfer by myself if one of my friends aren't on. If you create a game and stay in it for over 10 minutes, you can log out and back in with another character and the game will still be open.

NickP786

To explain myself:

I didn't realize you were muling, and then once I did I panicked and left, I'm really sorry, I would never do something like steal someone elses Items. If I can make it up to you in any way I will, I'll give all my gold/items if need be. Anything to rectify this, I feel really bad about it

NickP786

Also, I acidentally sold the items thinking they were just dropped cause no one wanted them, forgot to say that too, So yeah, if you want all my stuff its available

ElyrionX

Alright, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

And for christ sake, don't go selling stuff that's on the ground unless someone explicitly says you can do it. At least if you just take the stuff and keep it, you can still return it when you realize you've made a mistake.

NickP786

Normally I'm very observant of people muling and whatnot, but this time I just had a really bad brainfart and panicked after I did

I do feel really bad though, So I wanna give you some gold just as an apology for being an idiot lol

SamuraiX-

Wow. Is it really coming down to where we can't even trust our own GAFers anymore?

In a game where obtaining loot is half the fun, it really sucks when people do this. I usually just join games with 5 other people and hide my stuff in Act I. They're usually in Act IV or V or something, so it's easy to run out, grab my mule and come back.

Milabrega

You can definitely trust Gaf. neogaf/neogaf serves as sort of a hub game, Where new characters quest on normal while the higher levels pop in to mule, chat, MF or help out. Yesturday i dropped 5 uniques and an uber rare in A1 with 5 others in town, told em i was mulin came back everything was still there. I can see where there may be confusion though, as sometimes I'll drop in neogaf/neogaf and drop off some set item/rare/unique good enough to use but not good enough to mule, so that someone in the room may gain from it.

NickP786

I just started a new character recently, so I leave some low level stuff behind if I can. I really like how gaffers have been very generous in giving away stuff they don't need. This time I wasn't thinking at all :\ I really don't wanna be labeled as someone who steals in the game, I promise something like that will never happen again

hclflow

Okay, I really think this was just a bizarre mishap -- an exception to what usually goes on. I've yet to have a single problem, nor has anyone else up to this point besides ElyrionX to my knowledge. But here's a practical little guideline for mulers:

If you are muling in a neogaf game, explicitly state that you are doing so in public chat before dropping items.

I always do this because it's a common-sense thing to do. Though people shouldn't really be picking up piles of stuff next to the stash that isn't theirs, I can see how it could happen.

Don't sweat it this time, NickP786, as I'm sure you've learned your lesson. Did you lose anything truly valuable in the process, ElyrionX? Maybe I can help you replace the stuff.

We're all adults here; let's not forget that. We all make mistakes. I don't want this nice little D2 community we've got going to turn into a bunch of turd-flinging Internet idiotry like some threads in this forum become at times.

NickP786

ElyrionX, next time we're both on I'm gonna give you some gold as a token of apology, and I refuse to take no for an answer!

ElyrionX

Nope, nothing valuable. It was a decent javelin for a low level Amazon but that's about it.

And no worries Nick, just don't make the same mistake again. Everything's cool.

NickP786

I definitely won't, I can guarantee that

PS: How many mules do you have anyways? Every time I'm online I see one milling about

:lol The Drama unfolds!

When I mule I announce it publicly in a NeoGAF game.. but I'm usually still sneaky about it...

Sometimes I just do it right at the stash, and sometimes I find a nice secret spot :lol

At the same time - I've muled a few times in some public games. I like to hit up the "Park your mule" games since they are quiet. I still hide them in those games.

Peronthious/Peronthious/Elikush/Assassin/USEast (Ladder)

Finally picked up the Battle Chest over the weekend, and I'm loving it so far. The base system feels a lot more like a roguelike than Diablo I, which I used to play a fair bit of and was much more of a straightforward dungeon crawler. Not that bad with just a touchpad, either; in class now with no room for a mouse :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Wanting a Skin of Vipermagic. My current char is my first char in several years, so I'm not sure I have anything of equal value to trade, but I do have a nice +2 to all skills exceptional rare coronet, an Ali Baba, and a few other things.

Lost Fragment / ninephoenixes / Zyprexa / blizzard sorc / US East ladder

Where is everybody? Anyone up for some meph or baal runs or something?

Btw, how can I msg someone. When I do /f list, I only see their usernames, not their character names. How can I find out what char they are on with?

I remember a sorc here asking for a 4 socket sword, for a runeword. I just found a 4 socket Long Sword, will save it for you.

Carm

Whoever is updated first post with characters switch mine, druid is out till i get sorc up to MF for druid

Switch
Galanthas/Galanthas/Galanthas/Druid

To
Galanthas/Galanthas/Carmela/Sorc

*sigh* So, found out tonight that items you leave on the ground to transfer later stay, but gems/runes go poof after awhile. I lost a ton of flawed gems and about 10 runes. Thankfully only on normal, but still that was annoying.

Any druids here who want a set of antlers that gives +2 to druid skills? Lvl42 required, but if you plan on using it later, that's fine too.

Milabrega

I'm on my pally right now (hell up to A1 Andy), MilabregaGaf is the pally's name and account. I keep poppin in and out of neogaf channel and neogaf/neogaf

Neogaf hell/neogaf up. About to do andy, then bring in my necro for A2 and 3 WP's so we can hopefully rush through them.

Rur0ni

TurtleSnatcher said:
:lol The Drama unfolds!

When I mule I announce it publicly in a NeoGAF game.. but I'm usually still sneaky about it...

Sometimes I just do it right at the stash, and sometimes I find a nice secret spot :lol

At the same time - I've muled a few times in some public games. I like to hit up the "Park your mule" games since they are quiet. I still hide them in those games.
I always find a secret spot. :)

Gumby04

purg3 said:
sure, a bunch of us are on hell now, but I'll still play the lower difficulties if you need help or something

cool... i'm a level 7 sorc... i'm just tryin to run and catch up with my friends at lvl 24... where i was with a barb.. but do not want. but everytime i try to run past enemies, i run out of stamina/mana and die :(

how long would it take to go from 20 to 35-40 in cow if someone way higher is help you.

i made a new character who is now higher than my last one her name is SHINZIKEROO

purg3

slept with Malkin
Blah, I was doing some boss runs and when I went to make a new game I got the "Temporarily restricted message"

Wonderful...How long does it usually last? Did find some descent stuff though.

Gumby04

Shinz Kicker said:
how long would it take to go from 20 to 35-40 in cow if someone way higher is help you.

i made a new character who is now higher than my last one her name is SHINZIKEROO

IN for that kind of help

Shinz Kicker said:

20-25 do cow runs..

25+ do baal runs..

if not interuppted it would take an hour probably.. or an hour and a half.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
GAF name / battle.net account / character name / class / realm

Pistolgrip / GodsDelusion / PrincesaRocinda / USWest

lvl 51 Bowazon

hit me up! just starded playing a few days ago.

NeoUltima

I left some stuff by the stash in Neogaf room on USeast Ladder if any1 wants them. Some good lower level gear like a stealth breastplate there.

if you have a hoardic cube and someone ports you to baal and they kill him and you touched him and your level 10 does that mean you beat the game and can go to cow?

Thermite

Sorry fellas, but I gotta head to bed -- I won't there to finish Baal on Hell with you all tonight. :(

Good stuff, though; I'm surprised at how fast and easily we were tearing through all the bosses at that difficulty...

Milabrega

Yeah we were rocking those bosses, the road up to the bosses, not so much :lol . We rerolled once hoping for a better selection but ended up with Souls, so Hell Baal will have to wait for another time.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Milabrega said:
Yeah we were rocking those bosses, the road up to the bosses, not so much :lol . We rerolled once hoping for a better selection but ended up with Souls, so Hell Baal will have to wait for another time.

Hahah, that was instant death as soon as I went in there. Still fun though, good times.

Time for me to go to sleep but yeah that was some great times. I got a decent amount of free time this weekend we should get some hell MF runs together where we do the normal all in a row in one game and then move on.

GOOOOOOOOOD DAMMMMN Berial/Burial was a PAIN IN THE ASS. i didnt relize i was going staight into a boss fight when i went through that hole. 5 (left when i finally beat him) corpes later and 30k lost in death fines i am victorious. onto ACT II. this game has me by the balls.

Top Bottom