• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Diablo II thread of I can't get enough of this damn game!

Sorry guys I haven't been on since last weekend (which is why I made sure to get my guys into the 40's) because of the work week. However, I think I'm going to start a hardcore ladder character tomorrow night (EST) if any one interested in joining me. I'll post here with the details when I start.

Rur0ni

Tendo said:
Ok, so my pally is lvl 18 now and I grabbed the blessed hammer attack. How do I use it without turning off my auras? right now I have thorns on F1 and hammer on F2. Can I set hammer to right click somehow, or some other key that wont require me turning off my auras?
Yeah, Bind to Left Click.

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
JonAmikar / JonMaxim / WoodCroft / Druid / US East
JonAmikar / JonMaxim / Durham Messiah / Paladin / US East

Probably starting another character tommorow.

I started playing again yesterday, but on the EU realm. However, I enjoyed teaming up with GAFers for Team Fortress 2, and I'm sure you're just as pleasant as those guys :lol

I'm going to create me a char on US East now, will post my details here in a bit. It'll be a necro.

Ok, I'm in too. If anyone feels like helping me get started a bit, that'd be great. I've done the first three acts twice now in the last two days, the slow way :lol

Richardfun / Richardfun / Nerzhool / Necro / US East

Question, what IRC network is the channel on?

fatty

To the OP, sorry I forgot to mention that my character was nonladder:

GAF name / battle.net account / character name / class / realm

fatty / Robert_P / fattybob / sorceress / USEast

I'll probably create another one this weekend that is ladder.

I just added most of the people from the US East list to my friends list, but I couldn't add them all, list was full. That's bullcrap. How many can it hold, like 15 people?

hclflow

Richardfun said:
I just added most of the people from the US East list to my friends list, but I couldn't add them all, list was full. That's bullcrap. How many can it hold, like 15 people?

First, #neogaf is a channel on battle.net. Just log on, hit Join Chat, and type /join neogaf. You usually won't find anyone in there, because they're busy playing, but sometimes you might catch someone there.

And yeah, the friends list holds like 16 names, it's lame. I just hold the names of people that have actually been playing semi-regularly. No big deal. Whenever you log on, just try joining neogaf/neogaf, neogaf1, neogaf2, etc. There's usually not more than a handful of games going.

OP updated, and I fixed your info fatty.

hclflow said:
First, #neogaf is a channel on battle.net. Just log on, hit Join Chat, and type /join neogaf. You usually won't find anyone in there, because they're busy playing, but sometimes you might catch someone there.

And yeah, the friends list holds like 16 names, it's lame. I just hold the names of people that have actually been playing semi-regularly. No big deal. Whenever you log on, just try joining neogaf/neogaf, neogaf1, neogaf2, etc. There's usually not more than a handful of games going.

OP updated, and I fixed your info fatty.

Cool, thanks

Oh, and...fatty? :lol

hclflow

Richardfun said:
Cool, thanks

Oh, and...fatty? :lol

HEY I'M NOT THE ONE WHO PICKED THAT USERNAME

Though I'd be lying if I said I didn't do a double-take on his name to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Tendo

Wow...just figured it out. All these years and I never noticed the attack skill on the lower left of the ui :( I'm a noob for life.

firex

I made a dude but he's only level 6 or 7. might get him up to a higher level. also made a sorc but I get annoyed playing them at low levels compared to frozen orb killing everything in normal/nm.

firex / firex625 / Phenomenology / sorc / USEast ladder
firex / firex625 / Colbearform / druid / USEast ladder

Rur0ni

I'm currently in hell @ lvl 77. Probably done for today.

All right since there's alot of newbies here, here's a leveling guide for ladder:

1-16 Do tristam runs (basically 1.5 - 0.5 lvl a run)
16-21 Do tal rasha's tomb runs (1 lvl a run)
21-25 Leech from cow runs or do travincal runs (leeching cows is almost 2 lvls a run)
25-44 Do baal runs but don't kill baal for quest (1.5 - 1 lvl a run)
44-75 Do nightmare baal runs but don't kill baal for quest (1.5 - 1 lvl a run)

Then kill baal and enter hell.

If you find good 8 player games the actual lvling parts should take very little.
Baal runs for example will only take 6-10 mins with a teleporting sorc with 8 players.
This man is correct. Then go back and get your questing done for normal/nightmare if you missed any quests. Hell is the real challenge.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

Kintaro / Darsh / Darshiro / Barb / US West

Redd

Forgot to put my name here just in case other gaffers are playing.

Redd / Redd / P_Wright / Necromancer / US East NL

Kintaro

Uh, I change I joined Us East instead.

Kintaro/Darshiro/Darshiro/Barb/US East

Whopping lvl 6!

Teknoman

Just a little more exp and im lvl 20...guess I better do some Tal Rasha's or at least help folks out with Act II.

Also when Diablo III releases, you guys better not leave me in the dust while im listening to NPC's :lol

Milabrega

Teknoman said:
Also when Diablo III releases, you guys better not leave me in the dust while im listening to NPC's :lol

:lol I think when Diablo 3 comes out we'll want to listen to the npc's, atleast first time around :D

Kintaro

You know, I have this problem with games like this. Happens with MMOs too. Where I go to look at some more in depth sites on the game, and there's all of these builds and such and I sit there and think "Well shit, I'm playing this wrong." and I just push it to the side.

Very annoying. =(

firex

I'm only level 14 or so on my druid but so far I've been doing pretty much a pure werebear build and loving it. It'll still take time obviously, but this is a surprisingly potent build. now what I hate is having to know exactly what stats I should go for in order to use the best gear... I'm assuming fuckloads of strength for The Cranium Basher or something.

fatty

hclflow said:
HEY I'M NOT THE ONE WHO PICKED THAT USERNAME

Though I'd be lying if I said I didn't do a double-take on his name to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Hey, who you calling fat...oh wait.

Seriously though, it took me a bit to figure out what you guys were talking about. :lol

Carm

Kintaro said:
You know, I have this problem with games like this. Happens with MMOs too. Where I go to look at some more in depth sites on the game, and there's all of these builds and such and I sit there and think "Well shit, I'm playing this wrong." and I just push it to the side.

Very annoying. =(

:lol Same thing happened to me. Got back into it, started looking up builds and bam, information overload and I'm in a ball in the corner rocking back and forth. Finally snapped out of it and said feck it and went with one.

I'm not happy with the build I went with WW Pure Fury Druid, but after reading so many builds it seemed not many Werewolf builds do that well in hell. I wanted to try the Fire claws/Rabies build but that seems to be for pvp. *shrug*

Kintaro

Galanthas said:
:lol Same thing happened to me. Got back into it, started looking up builds and bam, information overload and I'm in a ball in the corner rocking back and forth. Finally snapped out of it and said feck it and went with one.

I'm not happy with the build I went with WW Pure Fury Druid, but after reading so many builds it seemed not many Werewolf builds do that well in hell. I wanted to try the Fire claws/Rabies build but that seems to be for pvp. *shrug*

I went to the link posted in the OP and all of the Barb builds make my eyes cross. Maybe GameFAQS is easier to follow or something.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
can we make it like a general guideline that the games should be named neogaf(2, 3 etc), neogafnm and neogafhell with neogaf as the pass? There's almost always a normal game going but I was thinking more for the nm/hell games.

I just went ahead and created neogafnm/neogaf just now anyway.

Teknoman

Kintaro said:

Very annoying. =(

Just play the game the way YOU want to. Makes things alot easier. Besides those builds had to have been discovered by people playing the way they wanted to right? Makes things alot easier if you dont feel like following designated builds.

Kintaro

Teknoman said:
Just play the game the way YOU want to. Makes things alot easier. Besides those builds had to have been discovered by people playing the way they wanted to right? Makes things alot easier if you dont feel like following designated builds.

I am. =)

Rur0ni

trh said:
can we make it like a general guideline that the games should be named neogaf(2, 3 etc), neogafnm and neogafhell with neogaf as the pass? There's almost always a normal game going but I was thinking more for the nm/hell games.

I just went ahead and created neogafnm/neogaf just now anyway.
That's what me and hclflow have been doing. Follow suit! ;D

hclflow

Richardfun said:
I still don't know what he is talking about :lol

WOW. Look at the username you just quoted. It's fatty. That's who's info I fixed and referenced. Not you. :p

Now you've gone and sapped all the fun out of it!

trh

Maan I've been so lucky, in the past 2 days I've gotten a hold of:
Insight polearm for merc
Spirit sword
2x Tal Rasha's Death Mask (giving away one later)
Heaven's Light (!) (+3 skills)
Ethereal Skullder's Ire (!!!!) <- 1k defense, repairs itself, 120%+ mf with P Topaz in it. Oh Jesus.

A lot of smaller stuff too like +14 life/5% light res small charm, a couple of skill grand charms etc etc. All ladder of course.
Rur0ni said:
That's what me and hclflow have been doing. Follow suit! ;D
yes, yes I noticed that, just thought it'd be nice with some proper structure :)

Carm

*sigh* Starting to remember all the shit you have to deal with on bnet. Battle.net is an awful service. Way way back in the day I lost my 77 necro to a server screw ups along with tons of other people, blizzard never restored it. So I was just in Act 2's first dungeon. I get it's waypoint and go down one floor, then right when I attack a champion, everything just stops, all characres just standing around can't attack anything. Finally kicks me, log back in, I don't have that waypoint or the exp I gained in the dungeon anymore.

Is there anything like wowhead for Diablo? I've been looking around diabloii.net and diablowiki and battle.net and it's all so clunky and raw. Not to mention strategy.dii is like half a decade without updates.

A skill calculator would be really damn nice.

trh

Son of Godzilla said:
Is there anything like wowhead for Diablo? I've been looking around diabloii.net and diablowiki and battle.net and it's all so clunky and raw. Not to mention strategy.dii is like half a decade without updates.

A skill calculator would be really damn nice.
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/ <- Arreat Summit has runewords, items, statistics etc etc, very useful site
http://www.d2items.com/skills.php <- skill planner
http://www.battle.net/forums/board.aspx?ForumName=d2-general <- stickied threads contains good info

hclflow

trh said:
Maan I've been so lucky, in the past 2 days I've gotten a hold of:
Insight polearm for merc
Spirit sword

Got the runes for insight, just need thul for spirit. Now I need to find the damn sword and polearm. And surfing GAF isn't helping me find them! :p

I AM SO ADDICTED

Just got some help from fellow GAFfers, my necro is now at lvl24, and in Act5. Still not taken out Baal though, so I can level some more in normal. Thanks to everybody who helped me, you know who you are :D

Top Bottom