• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Diablo II thread of I can't get enough of this damn game!

purg3

slept with Malkin
jstadragon said:
anyone know if there are any channels for normal baal/cow runs? thanks.

Nah, I got lucky though and found a good group for baal runs tonight. Gained 3 levels in no time.

We should get a bunch of people this weekend so we can do some continuous baal runs-as long as someone can tele.

BlackMage

Banned
So I have an extra pair of Magefist gloves if anyone wants. I will be on around 5pm PST or so unless someone in here wants them, then we'll find a time to meet. They are pretty good gloves for casters.

doodyball5 said:
So I have an extra pair of Magefist gloves if anyone wants. I will be on around 5pm PST or so unless someone in here wants them, then we'll find a time to meet. They are pretty good gloves for casters.

Yes please! This would be perfect for my hammerdin. Are they on a USEast Ladder char hopefully?

vilmer_

Does anyone have any Tal's set items or 4os polearms/cryptic axes for Insight? I'm trying to put together my pure MF'ing sorc, and these would help greatly :D I also have a bunch of stuff I'll drop near the stash sometime today and add to the pile someone left last night. The first think I saw when I entered was the ol' Diggler Dirk :p

I also collect tal's for my sorc (currently have the orb, mask, and belt) so any dupes I get of those I will send your way. I'll keep an eye out for any 4os poles/cyrptic axes too. Also, if you want I have some random MF stuff left over once I found better for my sorc (+41% MF amy and rings and boots and such).

vilmer_ said:
Does anyone have any Tal's set items or 4os polearms/cryptic axes for Insight? I'm trying to put together my pure MF'ing sorc, and these would help greatly :D I also have a bunch of stuff I'll drop near the stash sometime today and add to the pile someone left last night. The first think I saw when I entered was the ol' Diggler Dirk :p

I have a 4os poleaxe and pike.. If you want.

carpal

Hey I want in on this action.

GAF name / battle.net account / character name / class / realm

carpal / beboptango / BrideOfBebop / Bowazon / USEast ladder

Only at level 30 right now, but getting back into my old groove. Have a few friends that I regularly run with but it would be great to get in a big game where everybody is actually cool to play with.

Ok, I'll ask again. Who here was asking for a sword with 4 sockets? My stash is getting full, so I'd like to unload this thing.

Just found some unique gladius under a rock in the blood moor :D

Richardfun said:
Ok, I'll ask again. Who here was asking for a sword with 4 sockets? My stash is getting full, so I'd like to unload this thing.

Bloodletter..!

Great for dual wielding barbs early on :)

Gumby04

:lol i'm lvl 8 and am on act III ... is that wierd.?

i just joined a random server and partied up and completed like 8 missions instantly .. lolz

Gumby04 said:
:lol i'm lvl 8 and am on act III ... is that wierd.?

i just joined a random server and partied up and completed like 8 missions instantly .. lolz

Go back to Act 1 games and do some Tristram runs.. you will be lvl 15 in 20 mins.

can some PLEASE make a cow server i can play 2night.. will be on starting at 1130ish PST

If you can make a cow level then I will help you later tonight.

vilmer_

JakOfTheShadows said:
I also collect tal's for my sorc (currently have the orb, mask, and belt) so any dupes I get of those I will send your way. I'll keep an eye out for any 4os poles/cyrptic axes too. Also, if you want I have some random MF stuff left over once I found better for my sorc (+41% MF amy and rings and boots and such).

Sweet!! I'd could use any +MF at this point :) Unfortunately I don't have a ton to trade. Maybe we could work something out?

TurtleSnatcher said:
I have a 4os poleaxe and pike.. If you want.

Perfect! I will be logging back on around 8-9 EST... I'll check here/in the neogaf game (if it's up) then. I was hoping to do some pit runs in hell as well if any others were interested :)

Gumby04

TurtleSnatcher said:
Go back to Act 1 games and do some Tristram runs.. you will be lvl 15 in 20 mins.

If you can make a cow level then I will help you later tonight.

where is Tristram?

i can't make a cow level.. thats why i asked someone else to make it.. so i can join

Gumby04

i will also be playing later 2night... is there anyone who can hook a low level sorc up with some stuff.. anything will do.. i can't even make it past act I without dying.. :(

vilmer_ said:
Sweet!! I'd could use any +MF at this point :) Unfortunately I don't have a ton to trade. Maybe we could work something out?

Don't worry about that you can just have them, it's not like I'm really using most of them. I'll look thorugh my chars when I get home from work in about an hour here and come up with a list of all the old MF stufff I have to get you started.

SamuraiX-

Gumby04 said:
where is Tristram?

i can't make a cow level.. thats why i asked someone else to make it.. so i can join

Did you do Quest #3 in Act 1? The one where you have to rescue Deckard Cain? If not, go get that done. It involves going through a red portal back to Tristram. The monsters over there are much stronger than most in Act 1.

As for opening the Cow Level... I believe you have to had defeated Diablo before you can create or even enter a cow level that someone else has already created. To create it, you need to put Wirt's Leg and a Tomb of Town Portal scrolls in a Horadric Cube, while within the Rogue Encampment in Act 1 (I believe), and that will open the portal to The Secret Cow Level.

Hope that helps. :D

purg3

slept with Malkin
Found a Skulders and Shaftstop during some runs today if anyone wants/needs them.

I'll be on again later tonight if anyone wants to do some runs.

Gumby04

SamuraiX- said:
Did you do Quest #3 in Act 1? The one where you have to rescue Deckard Cain? If not, go get that done. It involves going through a red portal back to Tristram. The monsters over there are much stronger than most in Act 1.

As for opening the Cow Level... I believe you have to had defeated Diablo before you can create or even enter a cow level that someone else has already created. To create it, you need to put Wirt's Leg and a Tomb of Town Portal scrolls in a Horadric Cube, while within the Rogue Encampment in Act 1 (I believe), and that will open the portal to The Secret Cow Level.

Hope that helps. :D

i don't want stronger.. LOL... i cant even stay alive in act one as it is

for cow.. i know how to open it .. but i haven't beaten it.. so i just want someone else to open it up and party up so i can get some xp.. so maybe i CAN pass act 1. ya know what i mean.

jlai

purg3 said:
Found a Skulders and Shaftstop during some runs today if anyone wants/needs them.

I'll be on again later tonight if anyone wants to do some runs.

I could really use those for my MF Lit Sorc and my merc that keeps dying =(. Level 68 at the moment so it would be perfect. I'll be on at anytime!

GAF name / battle.net account / character name / class / realm

jlai / jlai / jlaiii / Pure Lit Sorc / USEast ladder

SamuraiX-

Gumby04 said:
i don't want stronger.. LOL... i cant even stay alive in act one as it is

for cow.. i know how to open it .. but i haven't beaten it.. so i just want someone else to open it up and party up so i can get some xp.. so maybe i CAN pass act 1. ya know what i mean.

At Lv7 or 8 or whatever you are, you should be able to handle the first half of Act 1 easy. Maybe level up a little bit more and then just keep doing Tristram runs until you hit 15.

And you cannot open NOR enter the cow level unless you have defeated Diablo.

Gumby04

SamuraiX- said:
At Lv7 or 8 or whatever you are, you should be able to handle the first half of Act 1 easy. Maybe level up a little bit more and then just keep doing Tristram runs until you hit 15.

And you cannot open NOR enter the cow level unless you have defeated Diablo.

i can't .. my magic is too weak .. they overwhelm me

i am aware of this

SamuraiX-

Gumby04 said:
i can't .. my magic is too weak .. they overwhelm me

i am aware of this

Are you using guides to help you? You're a Sorceress, right?

Also, if you know you can't enter the cow level, why do you keep asking for someone to open one so you can leech off the party that goes in? lol

Gumby04

SamuraiX- said:
Are you using guides to help you? You're a Sorceress, right?

Also, if you know you can't enter the cow level, why do you keep asking for someone to open one so you can leech off the party that goes in? lol

no guides.. .sorc yes..

you can if you have someone open you a portal... i did it before... just walked around with 5 other people... and hadn't beaten it yet.

SamuraiX-

Gumby04 said:
no guides.. .sorc yes..

you can if you have someone open you a portal... i did it before... just walked around with 5 other people... and hadn't beaten it yet.

Remember to put your skill points into only one type of elemental at first. Also, at low levels, you'll want to use some kind of sword/mace/whatever + shield combination as a Sorceress, just because your mana is so low and your magic isn't as powerful at those levels.

And it looks like my memory must be fuzzy. Anyway, you should seriously just level up yourself. It's just funner that way. Having someone rush you or leeching off higher levels in the cow level just isn't as fun if this is your first playthrough. That's how it is for me anyway.

Gumby04

SamuraiX- said:
Remember to put your skill points into only one type of elemental at first. Also, at low levels, you'll want to use some kind of sword/mace/whatever + shield combination as a Sorceress, just because your mana is so low and your magic isn't as powerful at those levels.

And it looks like my memory must be fuzzy. Anyway, you should seriously just level up yourself. It's just funner that way. Having someone rush you or leeching off higher levels in the cow level just isn't as fun if this is your first playthrough. That's how it is for me anyway.

ya.. i have mace and sheild .. not strong tho

ya.. but can't even get through act 1 for christs sake

Milabrega

Just before Jak, Vilmer and I entered Neogaf/neogaf someone must have emptied some mules, and the three of us just emptied ours. SO our problem is theres tons of sets/rares/uniques/good blues and no one to use them.

Can people please join neogaf/neogaf to pick this stuff up. I'd be a shame for any of it to go to waste, let alone all of it.

Gumby04

Milabrega said:
Just before Jak, Vilmer and I entered Neogaf/neogaf someone must have emptied some mules, and the three of us just emptied ours. SO our problem is theres tons of sets/rares/uniques/good blues and no one to use them.

Can people please join neogaf/neogaf to pick this stuff up. I'd be a shame for any of it to go to waste, let alone all of it.

i lost so much stuff this way ... not on neogaf but.. in general

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Been a good day for MF. Found some Scarab Treks and I got a SoJ off a random Hell zombie :D

Accidentally killed the NM Cow King though D:

Lost Fragment said:
Been a good day for MF. Found some Scarab Treks and I got a SoJ off a random Hell zombie :D

Accidentally killed the NM Cow King though D:
Nice finds.

I'm gonna MF tonight I think.

Got my sorceress up 2 lvls today in a nice group of Baal Runs.

Damn, the lack of USwest players is disappointing. I might have to start up over on east. For now:

Oblivionmancer/Oblivionmancer/Zarania/Amazon/USwest

That's my highest level character, but I'm working on several others.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Richardfun said:

Welp, that was prolly me. Found one myself though so I am no longer in need of it, but thanks anyway.

jlai

purg3, tried messaging you in-game but no response. Let me know if you still have the items!

Btw, does anyone have a Grim Shield I could trade for?

purg3

slept with Malkin
jlai said:
purg3, tried messaging you in-game but no response. Let me know if you still have the items!

Btw, does anyone have a Grim Shield I could trade for?

join neogaf/neogaf

sorry, busy doing baal runs :)

Milabrega

Where/When/How do you guys MF? It takes my Hammerdin like 20-30 minutes per NM Solo Baal runs. I think i would have more luck getting drops in the Youtelebaal-0X games, well maybe not luck, but more chances.

Hmm I MF with my Sorc..

I can sometimes do Hell Meph.. it all varies on where the council is before hand.. so I can moat own him with meteor.. (I never have my merc for this.. he dies too easily.. I just carry mana pots)

Hell Durance also can be painful to my sorc.. so I prefer not to do hell Meph.

I can do Hell Andariel pretty well.. It just takes a lot of running around and frozen orb.. I never get hit

I can do NM Meph and Andariel in literally less than 5 mins combined.. Pretty simple.. I keep my Merc for both of these since he doesnt die to them.

Tonight I found a unique ring from Andariel.. I ID'd it and got a Nagel :( My 2nd Nagel though.. and it was a 30% MF so it was the best you can get!

maharg

idspispopd
I'm playing a bowazon named Boom_floom on useast ladder right now. Around level 21 at this point. I guess the standard around here is to play in neogaf/neogaf? I'll drop in every now and then and see if there are peoples.

hclflow

Milabrega said:
Where/When/How do you guys MF? It takes my Hammerdin like 20-30 minutes per NM Solo Baal runs. I think i would have more luck getting drops in the Youtelebaal-0X games, well maybe not luck, but more chances.

Sorceress is the only class to MF with as far as I'm concerned. I do believe I would kill myself if I had to hoof it through Durance every time just to kill Meph for goodies.

So guys. When I type "/f list" I see the usernames, and who's online or not. However, I can't msg usernames, I can only msg character names. How do I see which character a certain person is on with at that time?

Top Bottom