• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Diablo II thread of I can't get enough of this damn game!

jlai

Richardfun said:
So guys. When I type "/f list" I see the usernames, and who's online or not. However, I can't msg usernames, I can only msg character names. How do I see which character a certain person is on with at that time?

You have to put the asterisk in front of the username thats in your friends list when you whisper. For example, my username is Jlai, but my sorc's name is Jlaiii. So you would have to do "/w *jlai _____" to whisper your friends. "/w jlaiii _______" would only whisper me when I'm logged into my sorc, not while I'm on other characters on the same account.

jlai said:
You have to put the asterisk in front of the username thats in your friends list when you whisper. For example, my username is Jlai, but my sorc's name is Jlaiii. So you would have to do "/w *jlai _____" to whisper your friends. "/w jlaiii _______" would only whisper me when I'm logged into my sorc, not while I'm on other characters on the same account.

Aaah, thanks!

Richardfun said:
So guys. When I type "/f list" I see the usernames, and who's online or not. However, I can't msg usernames, I can only msg character names. How do I see which character a certain person is on with at that time?
type *username when you are msging.. /msg *username Hi

edit non refresh ftw

How is trading done these days? When I last played, there were always a load of trade games up, where ppl would just join with mules. Anything changed? Because I can't seem to see any trade games.

Richardfun said:
How is trading done these days? When I last played, there were always a load of trade games up, where ppl would just join with mules. Anything changed? Because I can't seem to see any trade games.
These still exist.. but not as many.. most do trades via trade channel.. or just randomly asking in games.

I got a unique Dragon Shield off Meph earlier tonight, tiamat's rebuke or something. Is that worth something?

Is there a site you guys could recommend where I can read up on the worth of items and such?

Richardfun said:
I got a unique Dragon Shield off Meph earlier tonight, tiamat's rebuke or something. Is that worth something?

Is there a site you guys could recommend where I can read up on the worth of items and such?
Good shield :)

G*dd*mnit, S*n*fab*tch. Was transferring some stuff in the neogaf game, namely every single rune I have. Correction, had. Some shitstain came in, apparently guessed the password, and stole them all.

I vote we use neogaf/gafneo from now as for a pw.

maharg

idspispopd
Neogaf is a big place, I wouldn't rule out someone from here who will know the new password as well. I wouldn't leave my shit lying around in a game with the password on a public web site. You might want to set up a separate game for that next time.

Milabrega

Richardfun said:
G*dd*mnit, S*n*fab*tch. Was transferring some stuff in the neogaf game, namely every single rune I have. Correction, had. Some shitstain came in, apparently guessed the password, and stole them all.

Do you remember who was in the game? Do you play with nongaffers/ have non gaffers on your friend list? Were you quick about it, sometimes neogaf/neogaf gets remade when all mobs are dead/ someone wants to quest on a new char.

It could also be a case of oops i thought it was free like that one other incident. I've yet to have trouble muling even in full house games.

I think we should make it a rule that even if you are muling, we go back to the good ole ways and hiding it somewhere.

We should probably remove any mention of neogaf/neogaf in the lttp: Diablo thread if this becomes a problem, its my understanding that Online is only visible to members yes, so we could still keep discussion in here.

Rur0ni

Richardfun said:

Ouch. Hence why I hide my shit :lol

purg3

slept with Malkin
Richardfun said:

That sucks, hopefully it was a misunderstanding :\
Make a post in the Lttp thread to see if anyone admits to taking them.

It wasn't a mistake guys. I shouted in caps to the guy, calling him by name, that those were my runes and I was muling them. No more than 3 seconds later, he leaves and is also logged out.

SamuraiX-

Gumby04 said:
i have a hard time with that too.. u can join my game if u want...

"stat quest now"

lowly lvl 13 here

Hey dude, I just remembered that you won't gain any exp in Cow Levels if you're under level 20. So even if you go in now, it would be pointless... unless you want to try and scrabble for valuable items. :p

Holepunch

If we're going to make a new password, the password should be believe We use it for the other Neogaf servers(Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike Source), and it seems to work there.

Just one thing, if we do intend on changing the password, we all have to agree on the new password, and make sure everyone knows about it first. Simply because we don't want people locked out not knowing why and we don't want a bunch of different passwords flying around.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Found 2xWindhammer unique Ogre Mauls and a Zakarum's Hand unique Rune Scepter baaling tonight. If anyone wants these let me know

I found a Zak hand the other day as well..

Tonight has been good to me..

Been doing Hell Andy/Meph runs.. Takes me only 3-4 mins to get and kill meph.. (Depends on council location or else im f'd since I moat trick)

then Andy it takes me about 5 mins because its a lot of run and chance.

Tonight I scored an IK Maul, IK Helm, and Ali Baba.

TurtleSnatcher said:
I found a Zak hand the other day as well..

Tonight has been good to me..

Been doing Hell Andy/Meph runs.. Takes me only 3-4 mins to get and kill meph.. (Depends on council location or else im f'd since I moat trick)

then Andy it takes me about 5 mins because its a lot of run and chance.

Tonight I scored an IK Maul, IK Helm, and Ali Baba.

If anybody finds a Homonculus, lemme know. :D

Man .. Decided to do 1 last run before I hit the sack .. It was nightmare too.. and ran pindle real fast.. and got a duriels shell :)

New armor for Merc! Woot!

I also got 2 lvls on my Sorc tonight so she is now 86.

Atrophis

Thanks to whoever helped me with Duriel last night and for the items. Made it to Act 3 at last, level 26.

Also got my fishymancer to 11. I didnt like him at first but hes starting to rock with his 4 skele's.

Will be making a werewolf rabies druid tonight.

purg3

slept with Malkin
TurtleSnatcher said:
Man .. Decided to do 1 last run before I hit the sack .. It was nightmare too.. and ran pindle real fast.. and got a duriels shell :)

New armor for Merc! Woot!

I also got 2 lvls on my Sorc tonight so she is now 86.

Nice, that's what I use on my merc. Cannot be frozen mod is great along with the +res so my merc has max in hell. I hit 89 with my zon last night, slowly getting there.

Gumby04

acct: thegumby
character: thegumby
lvl 19 sorceress
US EAST
NON ladder

i decided to go to EAST instead of west .. i managed to get to lvl 19 in like 1 day.. thx to a party of 7 .. we actually did 4 acts...

but what would u suggest to do to level up fast. It seems that the required xp to level is SO high now.

Gumby04

Shinz Kicker said:
i can make cows now, so whenever you want if u see anyone with a SHIN and a K in there name its me.

what is your information

MINE:

acct: thegumby
character: thegumby
lvl 19 sorceress
US EAST
NON ladder

Gumby04

Atrophis said:
Thanks to whoever helped me with Duriel last night and for the items. Made it to Act 3 at last, level 26.

Also got my fishymancer to 11. I didnt like him at first but hes starting to rock with his 4 skele's.

Will be making a werewolf rabies druid tonight.

how'd u level so fast... i've gotten to act 5 AND ... AND!!! even killed DIABLO .. and am still lvl 19 ...

maharg

idspispopd
You're probably playing in bigger parties. Taking on Durial at level 19 alone or in a party of 2 is practically suicide for most character classes/builds.

Gumby04

maharg said:
You're probably playing in bigger parties. Taking on Durial at level 19 alone or in a party of 2 is practically suicide for most character classes/builds.

when we got to DIABLO.. there was only two of us... just myself .. lvl 19 and a pally who was lvl 24 .. and we KICKED HIS ASS .. woot!

only died about 9 times... and went from 80k in gold down to 7k .. but oh well.. gold is worthless anyways

Gabyskra

Banned
Anybody playing on Europe server? If one good soul could be kind enough to help me transfer a bow (Lycander) from a mule to my main, that would be cool.
account: Gabyskra

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Well, dang. I thought I might be able to cheese my way through Hell solo, but after just getting repeatedly raped by cold immune claw vipers in act 2, I think I've decided I'll have to finish Hell in a group.

Lost Fragment said:
Well, dang. I thought I might be able to cheese my way through Hell solo, but after just getting repeatedly raped by cold immune claw vipers in act 2, I think I've decided I'll have to finish Hell in a group.
That is why you don't go single element ... it just owns you :p

I went fire/ice..

BTW Gimme a viper magi someone! I need it :p I can upgrade it and it will be decent in armor then :D

Holepunch

Well, I went through most of nightmare solo, on act 5 now.

As I was doing Bloody Foothills, some unique gloves dropped, thought nothing of it, I'll sell them later. I get back to town, about to sell them, then I read the name first.

Magefist

25% mana regen. Consider the best glove in the game for magic users.

So...if anyone wants or needs Magefist, come talk to me.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
TurtleSnatcher said:
I should be on late tonight.. Dont know how long u will be on though :p

I will be on most of the day tomorrow as well.

Yeah, I'll be on tonight. I'll be looking for ya.

Well, I went through most of nightmare solo, on act 5 now.

As I was doing Bloody Foothills, some unique gloves dropped, thought nothing of it, I'll sell them later. I get back to town, about to sell them, then I read the name first.

Magefist

25% mana regen. Consider the best glove in the game for magic users.

So...if anyone wants or needs Magefist, come talk to me.

I could use 'em :D

vilmer_

I had an extremely laggy day on US East, and in the process I lost a freakton of gold :( Was it very laggy for anyone else?

vilmer_ said:
I had an extremely laggy day on US East, and in the process I lost a freakton of gold :( Was it very laggy for anyone else?

When I was on in the afternoon with you and ricardfun we were getting a lot of lag.

Twig

Banned
Well, I asked twice in the LTTP thread but have yet to get an answer, so I will ask here!

What kind of merc should I be going for on my rabies/fury druid? Any specific runeword or what-have-you?

Milabrega

I've got a bunch of stuff on mule's I need to get rid of, so if you see me on and want one of these let me know.

Cliffkiller
Naj's Circlet
Hwanin's Justice
Stormchaser
Skystrike
Alduer's Rhythm
Gerke's Sanctuary
Milabrega's Set (Shield x2)
Right of Passage
Laying of Hands
Trang-ouls claws
Fleshrender
Mavin's Icy Clutch
Blackhorn Face
Razortail

Also I'm looking for Herald Of Zakarum or something like it (+2 pally skills, Resists shield), Peasant Crown or the Harliquin's, and a +1-2 Skill Paladin Ammy with MF. I've got Paladin gear, Necro gear, some runes (Pul's,Dol,Lem,Amn), a +1 Assassin Skill 27%MF Ammy and good MF gear for trade.

firex

TheOneGuy said:
Well, I asked twice in the LTTP thread but have yet to get an answer, so I will ask here!

What kind of merc should I be going for on my rabies/fury druid? Any specific runeword or what-have-you?
I'd get a might merc (nightmare act 2 offensive merc) to boost your damage. Generally you either want a might merc if you're a melee/bowzon, or a holy freeze merc if you're a caster (unless you're built around summons, and then your might merc boosts their damage).

Top Bottom