• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Diablo II thread of I can't get enough of this damn game!

todahawk

Richardfun said:
The connection (on East at least) has been incredibly crappy the last few days. Constant 300-400ms lag, and at certain points, it just lags for a good 5-10 seconds. Vilmer said that it might have something to do with duping, that the method people use for duping causes the realm as a whole to lag like batshit. Dunno if this is true, but it could make sense. Reset was done recently, maybe some cheating wankers just found a Zod rune and are duping it for all it's worth or something...

I was chatting with some guys in game and heard the same thing. Maybe it's part of the spike in traffic from the diablo3 announcement...

East does seem to be down, I just tried connecting and it's not working. Can't find anything about it on the battle.net forums though :(

Richardfun said:
The connection (on East at least) has been incredibly crappy the last few days. Constant 300-400ms lag, and at certain points, it just lags for a good 5-10 seconds. Vilmer said that it might have something to do with duping, that the method people use for duping causes the realm as a whole to lag like batshit. Dunno if this is true, but it could make sense. Reset was done recently, maybe some cheating wankers just found a Zod rune and are duping it for all it's worth or something...
Eh doubt it would cause servers to overload and lag.. I Honestly don't get much lag when I play.. and if I do.. lasts like 5 secs and goes away.

firex

I've been on before when lots of people do that duping bug... and it sucks. if you're on the same server on bnet as they are (not USEast, I mean same IP) it pretty much causes games to crash.

Anyone feel like helping me and my level 5 Druid? Just looking for someone to rush me through the story and possibly through some Hell stuff if they are up for it. PM me!

StormyTheRabbit said:
Anyone feel like helping me and my level 5 Druid? Just looking for someone to rush me through the story and possibly through some Hell stuff if they are up for it. PM me!
Lvl 5? Through Hell.. I hate those type of people :lol

jlai

jlai said:
Anyone have a Shako I could trade for? The only pieces I have that might be worth anything are: Pul, Um, Hel, Titan's, Pally +1 to Combat Skills GC, Tal Rasha's Helm, orb and belt, and a Key of Terror and Hate. I would be willing to trade any combination of these items. Let me know!

Still looking.. very desperate!

My meteor does 20k dmg :X

Thinking of starting a necro or maybe a trap sin.

If I juggle gear around I could get about +15 + skills on those new toons.

SamuraiX-

Need some help. For an Amazon, which is better to invest in?

Freezing Arrow or Immolation Arrow?

I'm thinking of doing this so far:
10 points - Valkyrie
10 points - Pierce
10 points - Multiple Shot
20 points - Guided Arrow
20 points - Stafe

That's 70 points. Adding the prerequisites, that's 79. Leaves me about 30 skill points left over. What should I invest them in and should I change up anything with the planned build I've presented?

SamuraiX- said:
Need some help. For an Amazon, which is better to invest in?

Freezing Arrow or Immolation Arrow?

I'm thinking of doing this so far:
10 points - Valkyrie
10 points - Pierce
10 points - Multiple Shot
20 points - Guided Arrow
20 points - Stafe

That's 70 points. Adding the prerequisites, that's 79. Leaves me about 30 skill points left over. What should I invest them in and should I change up anything with the planned build I've presented?
I hear guided isnt worth it anymore..

Freezing Arrow is what I would do.

SamuraiX-

TurtleSnatcher said:
I hear guided isnt worth it anymore..

Freezing Arrow is what I would do.

Yeah, but how come? And I don't trust Freezing too much because of all the Cold Immune monsters in Hell... I think Guided Arrow is pretty damn solid for any single tough monster.

I've decided to max out Immolation Arrow instead of Freezing. The fire + explosion damage sounds too delicious to pass up.

EDIT: Changed my mind again. :lol

Gonna follow this guide:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/370600/14045

I know it's only made for 1.09 Bowazons, but only Pierce was really nerfed in the later patches and the guide itself is really solid in explaining where points should be allocated and why. Also, I still think Guided Arrow is a skill worth maxing out. :D

I made a sorc last night, want to make her my main MF running character. My necro doesn't cut it. So the way to go is probably Blizzard, right? But I dont want to focus solely on 1 element cause i'll get raped in hell. Any tips would be welcome, or a good guide if you know one :D

SamuraiX-

Richardfun said:
I made a sorc last night, want to make her my main MF running character. My necro doesn't cut it. So the way to go is probably Blizzard, right? But I dont want to focus on 1 element cause i'll get raped in hell. Any tips would be welcome, or a good guide if you know one :D

Definitely go with Ice Sorc for MFing. Just add a few particular Lighting and Fire spells to your arsenal like Static Field, Teleport, and Warmth. A point in Telekinesis would really be useful for you in the long run, but remember it can only be used to pick up scrolls, potions, keys, gold, arrows and bolts.

im trying to do Ice/Light mf build so i can teleport. this is kinda hard compared to my sins starting out ( leve 71 s o much fun). what should be my main combat move. should i look for staves to give me the boost cuz im just one pointing everything till thunderstorm and frozen orb and manashield.

SamuraiX- said:
Definitely go with Ice Sorc for MFing. Just add a few particular Lighting and Fire spells to your arsenal like Static Field, Teleport, and Warmth. A point in Telekinesis would really be useful for you in the long run, but remember it can only be used to pick up scrolls, potions, keys, gold, arrows and bolts.
I dont agree to this.

go for 2 elements .. 1 should have dominance but the other shouldn't have zero points.. You will be worthless to a lot of smaller bosses with good drops like countess if you just went blizzard. Yes blizard is hella strong but it sucks only being able to get drop tables from certain things.

I went Meteorb and couldnt be more happy.. I have 0 issues killing all the things and if the bosses are immune to both then i can kill everything else and let my merc finish the boss. If you went 1 element you won't be able to kill the minions and your merc would get steamrolled.

I hear lightning is hard to play unless you have a lot of + Skills then its one of the best.. Makes me kinda want to remake since I now have a good +15-20 + Skills at least

Ended up finding a Tal Orb last night :eek:

TurtleSnatcher said:
I dont agree to this.

go for 2 elements .. 1 should have dominance but the other shouldn't have zero points.. You will be worthless to a lot of smaller bosses with good drops like countess if you just went blizzard. Yes blizard is hella strong but it sucks only being able to get drop tables from certain things.

I went Meteorb and couldnt be more happy.. I have 0 issues killing all the things and if the bosses are immune to both then i can kill everything else and let my merc finish the boss. If you went 1 element you won't be able to kill the minions and your merc would get steamrolled.

I hear lightning is hard to play unless you have a lot of + Skills then its one of the best.. Makes me kinda want to remake since I now have a good +15-20 + Skills at least

this post wasnt really for me but it gave me a lot of information, i think ill minor in Light and major in Ice, especially now after that info.

Carm

Richardfun said:
I made a sorc last night, want to make her my main MF running character. My necro doesn't cut it. So the way to go is probably Blizzard, right? But I dont want to focus solely on 1 element cause i'll get raped in hell. Any tips would be welcome, or a good guide if you know one :D

I'm using a MeteorOrb spec, zero issues so far, though I'm just MFing in NM difficulty atm.

SamuraiX-

TurtleSnatcher said:
I dont agree to this.

Depends if he was going to use Blizzard or just Frozen Orb. For just Frozen Orb, he could definitely get Meteor. But if he went Blizzard and Frozen Orb, then he'd also have to max Ice Bolt, Ice Blast, and Glacial Spike if he wanted to get all that maximum cold damage. That would only leave him with like 10 points remaining by the high 90s.

If you want to go Meterorb Sorc, then I recommend placing your skills like this:
20 points in Ice Bolt
20 points in Frozen Orb
20 points in Fire Bolt
20 points in Fire Ball
20 points in Meteor.

Probably wanna max out Frozen Orb and Meteor first, since those will be your main attacks. I suppose you could max out Blizzard instead of Frozen Orb, but you wouldn't get getting max damage out of it withiout also maxing Ice Blast and Glacial Spike as well.

I'm not too sure if Cold Mastery and Fire Mastery take precedent over the synergy upgrades though. I remember back in the day, around 1.09, the elemental Masteries were an absolute must in maxing out. Not sure if they're still as popular with all the synergies going on now.

Ok, so I've decided to put the emphasis on Blizzard, but you guys think I should also get somehing else. The question is, what? Meteor?

Gumby04

Richardfun said:
Ok, so I've decided to put the emphasis on Blizzard, but you guys think I should also get somehing else. The question is, what? Meteor?

i have 2- 478 in lightning... now im starting to put some into blizzard.. i have lvl 1 blizzard... :lol

Carm

SamuraiX- said:
Depends if he was going to use Blizzard or just Frozen Orb. For just Frozen Orb, he could definitely get Meteor. But if he went Blizzard and Frozen Orb, then he'd also have to max Ice Bolt, Ice Blast, and Glacial Spike if he wanted to get all that maximum cold damage. That would only leave him with like 10 points remaining by the high 90s.

If you want to go Meterorb Sorc, then I recommend placing your skills like this:
20 points in Ice Bolt
20 points in Frozen Orb
20 points in Fire Bolt
20 points in Fire Ball
20 points in Meteor.

Probably wanna max out Frozen Orb and Meteor first, since those will be your main attacks. I suppose you could max out Blizzard instead of Frozen Orb, but you wouldn't get getting max damage out of it withiout also maxing Ice Blast and Glacial Spike as well.

I'm not too sure if Cold Mastery and Fire Mastery take precedent over the synergy upgrades though. I remember back in the day, around 1.09, the elemental Masteries were an absolute must in maxing out. Not sure if they're still as popular with all the synergies going on now.

If going MeteorOrb there is no reason to put more than 1 point into Ice bolt.

SamuraiX- said:
20 points in Ice Bolt
20 points in Frozen Orb
20 points in Fire Bolt
20 points in Fire Ball
20 points in Meteor.

thats 100 level points there not counting the 3 from akara, radaman and 6 from tyrael. you would have to have massive skill bonuses to pull off that. but if you did they would be for the maxxed out 32sp meteor and Frozen orb. your equip would be fucking nuts. taking the synergies out helps ease the pain. also what about mana shield, or teleport, have fun walking away from bad guys.

firex

the other build I always see as a cookie cutter outside of meteorb is chain lightning/orb. I did meteorb before and it was good, but CL/orb is also easy to build. and in both cases you need to learn teleport and warmth (1 point into each max).

Gumby04

firex said:
the other build I always see as a cookie cutter outside of meteorb is chain lightning/orb. I did meteorb before and it was good, but CL/orb is also easy to build. and in both cases you need to learn teleport and warmth (1 point into each max).

i use lightning.. its awesome.. now i'm starting to put some points into Cold for blizzard .. blizzard doesn't seem to be very accurate btw... oh ya.. and THUNDERSTORM sux....

Damnit. Wanted to lvl some in baal runs, without killing baal. Joined a game, got an invite, and 2 seconds later, they killed baal. Now I can't see any of the normal baal run games, and lvling is a pain in the ass. Barely getting any xp in nightmare. Anybody got any advice?

SamuraiX-

Galanthas said:
If going MeteorOrb there is no reason to put more than 1 point into Ice bolt.

Every point you place into Ice Bolt adds +2% Cold Damage to your Frozen Orb. That was just my idea if you want to get maximum damage out of the Orb.

Shinz Kicker said:
thats 100 level points there not counting the 3 from akara, radaman and 6 from tyrael. you would have to have massive skill bonuses to pull off that. but if you did they would be for the maxxed out 32sp meteor and Frozen orb. your equip would be fucking nuts. taking the synergies out helps ease the pain. also what about mana shield, or teleport, have fun walking away from bad guys.

I already recommended other skills like Static Field, Teleport, Telekinesis, etc. in one of my earlier posts. It's really up to the player whether they want to go pure offense and dish out the most damage they can, or back up a bit and make sure they save some points for other skills like Warmth and Mana Shield to help with additional mana and defense.

Gumby04

Richardfun said:
Damnit. Wanted to lvl some in baal runs, without killing baal. Joined a game, got an invite, and 2 seconds later, they killed baal. Now I can't see any of the normal baal run games, and lvling is a pain in the ass. Barely getting any xp in nightmare. Anybody got any advice?

same happened to me... create your OWN normal baal game

Gumby04 said:
same happened to me... create your OWN normal baal game

Yeah, tried that. Seven people joined within 30 seconds and when they found out it wasn't an MF run with 1 high lvl char porting to the throne, they all left without 30 seconds :lol

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
kk gonna do some normal baal runs for richardfun, current game is gafbaal-001, but just whisper me (*cellsyde) if you want in

Thermite

trh said:
kk gonna do some normal baal runs for richardfun, current game is gafbaal-001, but just whisper me (*cellsyde) if you want in

You guys still doing Baal runs?

Edit: Yeah, looks like it but the game appears to be full. :(

Carm

SamuraiX- said:
Every point you place into Ice Bolt adds +2% Cold Damage to your Frozen Orb. That was just my idea if you want to get maximum damage out of the Orb.

I already recommended other skills like Static Field, Teleport, Telekinesis, etc. in one of my earlier posts. It's really up to the player whether they want to go pure offense and dish out the most damage they can, or back up a bit and make sure they save some points for other skills like Warmth and Mana Shield to help with additional mana and defense.

As MeteorOrb Max dmg out of Orb doesn't matter, it's only the backup spell for fire immune monsters. The increase in dmg from the synergy is not worth the point investment. MeteorOrb you want to try to get around 17 total into Cold Mastery though, by either spending or using items.

firex

SamuraiX- said:

energy shield just isn't worth building for on most sorc builds. the only one I can think of that's good is an enchant-based build, because it helps being in melee.

I want to thank trh and Thermite profusely for doing those baal runs with me. I couldnt join other ones on normal because I was in a group that killed Baal by accident, and could therefore not see any normal games. I'm lvl50 now, and even traded for some decent MF stuff with one of the other participants of the Baal runs. If you ever need my help guys, don't hestitate to ask :D

SamuraiX- said:

No no no..

If you are Meteorb you dont put points in Cold Bolt. Maxing Orb then putting some points in cold mastery adds more then putting points in ice bolt. I maxed Orb and put like 7-9 points in cold mastery and then finished off my Fire Tree.. I maxed Meteor/Fireball/Fire Mastery in this order.. After I'm done with that I will go back to Cold Mastery for the last few lvls.

I'm a killing machine too.. (But then again I have a lvl 39 Meteor, and Lvl 38 Frozen Orb :X)

Richardfun said:
I want to thank trh and Thermite profusely for doing those baal runs with me. I couldnt join other ones on normal because I was in a group that killed Baal by accident, and could therefore not see any normal games. I'm lvl50 now, and even traded for some decent MF stuff with one of the other participants of the Baal runs. If you ever need my help guys, don't hestitate to ask :D
Want me to rush you through Nightmare?

EDIT: Fricken double tabbed the window.. thought it was the lttp thread haha sorry for double post

Thermite

Richardfun said:

No problem at all, man. If anyone ever needs help with whatever, please don't hesitate to ask me. :)

If you need help getting rushed through NM, Richard, I'll gladly with you with that too.

I plan on tackling nightmare tomorrow. It's 1.45am here now. How much time difference is there between us anyway? 6-8 hours? If any of you is around tomorrow, I might just throw you a whisper :D

Richardfun said:
I plan on tackling nightmare tomorrow. It's 1.45am here now. How much time difference is there between us anyway? 6-8 hours? If any of you is around tomorrow, I might just throw you a whisper :D
Pshh I can get u nightmare in 20 mins flat :p

Thermite

Richardfun said:

I live on the East Coast and going by how late you say it is there, there's a six hour difference between us. I'll more than likely be on a good bit tomorrow; probably most of the day, so feel free to let me know if I'm needed. ;)

I'm declaring it..

People aren't really playing anymore are they :(

I never see anyone online anymore on my list.. and no one is ever in the neogaf channel..

That was fast.. :( Sad to see since I'm still heavily addicted :lol

Carm

Top Bottom