• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Diablo II thread of I can't get enough of this damn game!

vilmer_

TurtleSnatcher said:
I'm declaring it..

People aren't really playing anymore are they :(

I never see anyone online anymore on my list.. and no one is ever in the neogaf channel..

That was fast.. :( Sad to see since I'm still heavily addicted :lol

I've been getting in about 5 hours a day ;)

purg3

slept with Malkin
TurtleSnatcher said:
I'm declaring it..

I never see anyone online anymore on my list.. and no one is ever in the neogaf channel..

E3 curbed my D2 playing. I'll still be playing. Probably going to start a Sorc for the very first time. If anyone comes across some good Sorc starter gear please hold it for me :)

purg3 said:
E3 curbed my D2 playing. I'll still be playing. Probably going to start a Sorc for the very first time. If anyone comes across some good Sorc starter gear please hold it for me :)
Will keep my eye out.

I been generous lately and have been helping people so if you need a power through just give me a hollar..

I can even take you through Hell! :D

My Sorc can now solo all bosses w/o issue :D

EDIT: Though purg3 I may just dump you next to diablo and run away!!!! (Pens still fail! Crosbys a diver.. and Malkin can't have kids because he has no weenie!) :D :lol NHL Thread leaking into D2 ftw.

vilmer_ said:
I've been getting in about 5 hours a day ;)
I was basically like that until E3 hit.

TurtleSnatcher: When E3 is over I'll be back. ...Until Comic-Con, then I'll be out for a few days again. Then after that I'll be back for real.

Thermite

TurtleSnatcher said:
I'm declaring it..

I've been playing Diablo a ton daily, and it's only slowed down by maybe an hour or so due to E3. Not even E3 can help with my new addiction. :p

What's your account name, Turtle? I'll add you and maybe we can in some games together in Hell or something.

Ok, it's 3pm here now, so 9am for you East Coasters. That's late enough, get your arses out of bed and behind your computers. I want to continue building my sorc, can't find any good games so far to get me past Act2 :lol

Edit: And TurtleSnatcher, I checked my friends list and you (PezRadar) are on it, but I don't think I've ever seen you online. At what times do you usually play?

Chris Remo said:
I was basically like that until E3 hit.

TurtleSnatcher: When E3 is over I'll be back. ...Until Comic-Con, then I'll be out for a few days again. Then after that I'll be back for real.
E3 and Comic-Con have been eating my life at work with setting stuff up but thankfully not too much into my Diablo 2 playing :lol

EDIT: Account Name PezRadar.. Character Name that I am on frequently is YourSorcFriend
I play evenings every night (till very late!). Usually don't leave the office until 5:30 - 6:00pm every night. This weekend though I will be out of town

Thermite said:
I've been playing Diablo a ton daily, and it's only slowed down by maybe an hour or so due to E3. Not even E3 can help with my new addiction. :p

What's your account name, Turtle? I'll add you and maybe we can in some games together in Hell or something.

Same here, although I think I need to restart. One day a random 80 joined my game while I was in act 2, offered to rush me, got to act two, I didn't complete the first quest but the rest I did, but still cannot go to Act 3, and I'm lost >_<

Twig

Banned
I'm still playing! Just finished Act 1 on NM about ten minutes ago.

Thanks again ElyrionX for all the cool free stuff. :D

SamuraiX-

StormyTheRabbit said:
Same here, although I think I need to restart. One day a random 80 joined my game while I was in act 2, offered to rush me, got to act two, I didn't complete the first quest but the rest I did, but still cannot go to Act 3, and I'm lost >_<

Check your quest log. To complete the final quest, you have to talk to Jehryn and Meshif.

SamuraiX- said:
Check your quest log. To complete the final quest, you have to talk to Jehryn and Meshif.

Yes I know, its just that I'm only level 5 going into Act 3 if I do that, and I'm not sure I should be doing that.

SamuraiX-

StormyTheRabbit said:
Yes I know, its just that I'm only level 5 going into Act 3 if I do that, and I'm not sure I should be doing that.

Just go back to Act 1 and do some leveling then. Use the Way Point Portal in town and select Act 1 from the tabs at the top if you want to return there.

Eric WK

Just picked up the Battle Chest and installed.

Eric WK / EricWK / Aside / Sorceress / US East Ladder

I have a great deal of WoW experience, but I'm not sure if that translates as well as I'd like. So any help, tips, etc. for someone completely new to Diablo would be incredibly welcome. :)

The frustration from the old days is all coming back to me. Wasting hours without finding 1 decent item, not being able to do more productive MF runs without said items. AAARGH!

jlai

purg3 said:

What kind of Sorc are you going to be? I should have some things for you.

Im online now

Character Name: YourSorcFriend
Account Name: PezRadar

and I will be online tonight in and out.. so if anyone needs help just give me a holler :)

all yesterday i cleaned and rebooted a new computer, so now i have 2 diablo machines different keys, to play with myself or help level or mules or whatever. ill be back on tonight after work (yay finally got job too).gl to all.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Shinz Kicker said:
all yesterday i cleaned and rebooted a new computer, so now i have 2 diablo machines different keys, to play with myself or help level or mules or whatever. ill be back on tonight after work (yay finally got job too).gl to all.
You can do this on one computer, most simple way is to rename your d2 folder, install d2 again and name the other folder back to what it was previously. Although I think that might require some dll file to stop it from checking if an instance is already running. Personally I use D2loader set up with two different shortcuts, loading different cd keys but from the same folder so I don't need multiple D2s on my hdd. D2Loader also allows the -nohide command (in the shortcut, along with -w for windowed) so the window doesn't minimize if it goes out of focus.

ElyrionX

Alright I've been MF-ing NM Diablo and if anyone is poor and needs free stuff, look me up at *ElyrionX and I'll see what I can do for you.

Milabrega

Yeah, we need another influx of new players, i keep MFin (and not finding anything of value) yet I have a lot of nice stuff for characters 1-50 I just can't get rid of unless I sell to a merchant which Is such a waste.

Milabrega said:
Yeah, we need another influx of new players, i keep MFin (and not finding anything of value) yet I have a lot of nice stuff for characters 1-50 I just can't get rid of unless I sell to a merchant which Is such a waste.

I'm a level 5 drood, gonna be on in a bit. I'll shoot ya a PM to see if your down for getting on.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Sorry to the folks I was supposed to give vmagis to. I've been having to deal with a lot of family drama shit this passed week and haven't been on.

Plus I got banhammered for posting a piece of art depicting a nude girl in a condom bubble exploring an underwater cavern filled with phallus-shaped plants, and I couldn't see this forum while logged out.

Just got an Ist rune from the forge on hell. Would you guys say that rune is worth a shako? What could I get for it in the way of sorc gear?

Should I try getting an Occulus or a Shako for my Ist? Are both within the realm of possibilities? Now that I've finally got something worthwhile, I want to milk t for all it's worth :lol

firex

I think the best thing to do is just idle in a ladder trading channel and say you're offering ist for sorc gear, and see what you get.

jlai

Just left some mid level uniques in the neogaf game, anyone's free to take them (Iceblink, Goldskin, Peasant Crown, Undead Crown).

Oh, and Purg3, I have an extra Lidless and Frostburn you can have, just whisper me in game, account name Jlai.

SleazyC

Gumby04 said:
HEY GUYS

where is the BEST place to do MF runs?
Depends on your class and build. I'd say the easiest runs for a sorc would be NM or Hell Meph but other classes can do things like The Pit or Ancient Tunnels pretty quickly.

trh

Richardfun said:
What kind of shield should I try getting for my MF sorc?
Spirit shield in a 4 socket monarch, I have the monarch and I can't be arsed to try and trade it since it's not worth *that* much. Just be aware that it requires 156 strength.

It's just Tal + Thul + Ort + Amn, all easily avaible from running countess a bit, and it gives:
+2 To All Skills
+25-35% Faster Cast Rate (varies)
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense Vs. Missile
+22 To Vitality
+89-112 To Mana (varies)
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+3-8 Magic Absorb (varies)
Attacker Takes Damage of 14

trh said:
Spirit shield in a 4 socket monarch, I have the monarch and I can't be arsed to try and trade it since it's not worth *that* much. Just be aware that it requires 156 strength.

It's just Tal + Thul + Ort + Amn, all easily avaible from running countess a bit, and it gives:
+2 To All Skills
+25-35% Faster Cast Rate (varies)
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense Vs. Missile
+22 To Vitality
+89-112 To Mana (varies)
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+3-8 Magic Absorb (varies)
Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Are you implying I could have that monarch from you? :D

Cause I think I have all those runes already. Just need to pump strength, but I've got the Lam Essen Tome quest left twice, and am 'only' lvl72.

SleazyC

Richardfun said:
What kind of shield should I try getting for my MF sorc?
If you wanted more MF I would go for a Rhyme or a Splendor or a 4-socketed shield with 4 ptopaz's in it on weapon switch. Since the shield can be weapon switched you can get away with using something that has poor mods.

SleazyC said:
If you wanted more MF I would go for a Rhyme or a Splendor or a 4-socketed shield with 4 ptopaz's in it on weapon switch. Since the shield can be weapon switched you can get away with using something that has poor mods.

I've gone with the Spirit. I have about 300MF as it is, so I figured the +skills and resists were more important.

vilmer_

lewt_7534.jpg

On my to do list :D

firex

SleazyC said:
no! don't put p. topazes in a shield. You only get lightning resist. I almost made that mistake once...

SleazyC

firex said:
no! don't put p. topazes in a shield. You only get lightning resist. I almost made that mistake once...
Lol.. oops forgot about that. Yea don't do that.

Richardfun said:
Argh, I still can't manage Meph on hell mode on my own. I want to get myself a Skullders...
Start stripping MF gear. Kill speed > survivability > MF for me. Try to break the 75% FCR or wear a shield that has a high block % when you are teleporting. Once you get to Durance 3 you shouldn't really be dying unless you accidentally pull council or darklords while moating Meph.

I want to get back into this, but during my time (2000) I never heard of such things as MFing, talent builds etc. so these are all foreign concepts to me. Where do I begin?

SleazyC

Oh! My Car! said:
I want to get back into this, but during my time (2000) I never heard of such things as MFing, talent builds etc. so these are all foreign concepts to me. Where do I begin?
MFing has always been a part of the game and talent build usually just refers to certain talent and stat distributions that work out very well for each class. These have always been part of the game.

ElyrionX

Oh! My Car! said:

MFing stands for magic-finding where a player uses a character with equipment that maximises his magic-find stat to run high-level bosses (Mephisto, Diablo, Baal) repeatedly so as to obtain good equipment.

Holepunch

To the Returner, I'm building a druid right now that mainly focuses on rabies. The skill point distribution is only 1 point to feral rage, 20 to rabies, 20 to fury(5 quick hits, the Zeal of druids) 20 to poison creeper(synergy bonus with rabies, plus its a pet that stays alive very well) and the rest spread between Werewolf and Lycantholpy.

trh

so uh anyone in need of some low level stuff? standing around in neogaf/neogaf waiting for someone to join, got pretty neat stuff if you're starting out as a sorc and you want mf equipment;
chance guards
peasant crown
lidless
ali baba
visceratuant

Top Bottom