• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Diablo II thread of I can't get enough of this damn game!

todahawk

trh said:
so uh anyone in need of some low level stuff? standing around in neogaf/neogaf waiting for someone to join, got pretty neat stuff if you're starting out as a sorc and you want mf equipment;
chance guards
peasant crown
lidless
ali baba
visceratuant

damn, i'm working on a new sorceress (lvl5)... anyone on tonight?

ElyrionX

trh said:
so uh anyone in need of some low level stuff? standing around in neogaf/neogaf waiting for someone to join, got pretty neat stuff if you're starting out as a sorc and you want mf equipment;
chance guards
peasant crown
lidless
ali baba
visceratuant

Uhhh wow. You're really giving those away? I could have used the chance guards but I'd really like the alibaba if you're willing to give it away.

ElyrionX

Oh and shinz, it's a strange coincidence but I found the Cathan staff in the very game that I was in when you asked about the Cathan stuff. Look me up next time I'm on.

GhaleonEB

So, I'm trying to run Diablo II for the first time. (I tried and ended up skipping the first game, which came in the Battle Chest.) Bear in mind this is my first new PC game in about 15 years.

The first installation ended with a repeating request to put the Play disc in, even though it was in. Nothing got me out of the loop. I had to un-install.

In the second install, I skipped installing Multiplayer to make it faster. But it never asked me for the Cinematics disc this time. After I selected my character, I was put straight into the game. Did I miss a cinematic? I'm not sure how to install them now.

How do I play this in a window, rather than full screen?

Also, it crashed my (new) PC twice.

SleazyC

ElyrionX said:
Uhhh wow. You're really giving those away? I could have used the chance guards but I'd really like the alibaba if you're willing to give it away.
I got some really low chance guards if you want em, I think either 26 MF or 27 MF can't remember off the top of my head.

Hey guys,

if anyone on west softcore ladder has any of the following that they don't need:

Sol rune
4 socket shield with not too high Str req
3 socket body armor

please let me know and I'd love to trade for them.

account name is soapie
thanks

GhaleonEB said:
So, I'm trying to run Diablo II for the first time. (I tried and ended up skipping the first game, which came in the Battle Chest.) Bear in mind this is my first new PC game in about 15 years.

The first installation ended with a repeating request to put the Play disc in, even though it was in. Nothing got me out of the loop. I had to un-install.

In the second install, I skipped installing Multiplayer to make it faster. But it never asked me for the Cinematics disc this time. After I selected my character, I was put straight into the game. Did I miss a cinematic? I'm not sure how to install them now.

How do I play this in a window, rather than full screen?

Also, it crashed my (new) PC twice.

You really don't want to do multiplayer? I'd recommend doing a full install and copying the .mpq files from the Lord of Destruction CD over into your directory, that way you can play without the CD and also you can play multiplayer if you feel like it (unless you're really short on hard drive space.. its like 2 gigs).

As for the cinematics disc thing... not sure. If you do the full install/.mpq files thing, it will copy the cinematics over.

Im back. I was out of town this weekend..

So hit me up maybe later this evening if you need help.

My sorc is pretty much done with gear so I just MF most the time..

Enigma, Maras, Shako, Hoto, war travs, mage fists, sojs, and spirit monarch :eek:

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Seriously, did you have fg from previous season or something? Desperately trying to scratch together 800fg for an enigma... 310fg so far. Too bad there's not many peeps in need of a sur rune cause then I'd almost be set. :\

Edit: oh just thought of something, anyone care to help me out and let me borrow about 350fg? :lol I could let you hold on a sur rune, eth skullders, occy, verdungo's, soj, pala comb gc -- albeit these last two would be useful for while I gather up fg -- prolly a bit more. I just desperately need an enigma so that I can get my pala up running in hell mfing. Will pay back asap.

SleazyC

trh said:
Seriously, did you have fg from previous season or something? Desperately trying to scratch together 800fg for an enigma... 310fg so far. Too bad there's not many peeps in need of a sur rune cause then I'd almost be set. :\

Edit: oh just thought of something, anyone care to help me out and let me borrow about 350fg? :lol I could let you hold on a sur rune, eth skullders, occy, verdungo's, soj, pala comb gc -- albeit these last two would be useful for while I gather up fg -- prolly a bit more. I just desperately need an enigma so that I can get my pala up running in hell mfing. Will pay back asap.
I haven't really ever gotten into the whole fg aspect, but are you using d2jsp to handle you fg or do other sites do an fg system as well? All I have is 2.50 fg there for some reason and I never even traded anything.

Wait you guys bot?

Wtf.. Never play with me thats for sure.

I MF'd my stuff legit and traded some items for Runes etc. I'm gone a few days and its already corrupted onto GAF?

Milabrega

Since i can't seem to find a decent cow game right now i guess I'll ask. I'm building a sorc to MF, is Blizzard/Chain Lightning a very viable option, or will i not be able to hang unless i go the cookie cutter Meteorb?

I grabbed the gravespine that was in neogaf/neogaf, only two people in there were the two afk zons, stuck around long enough didn't think anyone was muling it, though i'm unsure so letting ya know I have it.

trh

TurtleSnatcher said:
Wait you guys bot?

I MF'd my stuff legit and traded some items for Runes etc. I'm gone a few days and its already corrupted onto GAF?
Wait what kind of stuff did you trade for high runes? Hardly any items worth anything that much... only very very specific ones.

SleazyC

TurtleSnatcher said:
Wait you guys bot?

Errr.... nah. D2jsp did used to be a site that sold a bot that was quite popular. But I think sometime after 1.10 (I think) the bot stopped being supported and turned instead into a general fg trading and diablo 2 community. I signed up when I heard about the fg thing starting up but it was right around the time I was heading to college and stopped playing. I never used the bot and do all my own runs.

What kind of items did you end up trading for the enigma and hoto. The ladder is still so young that I'm seeing a lot of Um, Pul, and Mal trades in multiples instead of the higher runes for some of the better items.

Milabrega said:
Since i can't seem to find a decent cow game right now i guess I'll ask. I'm building a sorc to MF, is Blizzard/Chain Lightning a very viable option, or will i not be able to hang unless i go the cookie cutter Meteorb?

I grabbed the gravespine that was in neogaf/neogaf, only two people in there were the two afk zons, stuck around long enough didn't think anyone was muling it, though i'm unsure so letting ya know I have it.
I've never heard of that build but I'm sure it could work out. You really just want to maximize your synergies the most that you can in each tree if you are doing a dual build tree. I went for a single tree build as I like running Meph exclusively pretty much and the maximized synergy + damage it brings makes for some quick Meph runs. A dual-tree build is great for running multiple bosses and areas like The Pit, Countess, Nihilthak (I can never spell that) etc.

trh said:
Wait what kind of stuff did you trade for high runes? Hardly any items worth anything that much... only very very specific ones.
Im not doing 1 trade for 1 rune.. I'm doing numerous items for 1 HR.

Jah and Ber I traded items from an SOJ a few Ist Runes and a Occy I found. I think a few other things I cant recall

For Hoto I had it all but Vex.. and I traded a HoZ and Ist for it. Shocked since most HoZ's get just an Ist.

Ive been running Countess like crazy. She is a good rune dropper sometimes.. Ist is the best Ive found but I think thats the best in her drop table.

trh

TurtleSnatcher said:
Im not doing 1 trade for 1 rune.. I'm doing numerous items for 1 HR.

Jah and Ber I traded items from an SOJ a few Ist Runes and a Occy I found. I think a few other things I cant recall

For Hoto I had it all but Vex.. and I traded a HoZ and Ist for it. Shocked since most HoZ's get just an Ist.

Ive been running Countess like crazy. She is a good rune dropper sometimes.. Ist is the best Ive found but I think thats the best in her drop table.
Dude that is really lucky, SOJ, Ist and Occy should barely land you above one Jah. Was this in the Diablo trade channel? I need to start trying to get a hold of these kind of traders. :\

firex

Milabrega said:

you could just do CL/orb. CL/orb is a fine build. I think blizzard has too many synergies really, plus it's harder to use than orb.

trh said:
Dude that is really lucky, SOJ, Ist and Occy should barely land you above one Jah. Was this in the Diablo trade channel? I need to start trying to get a hold of these kind of traders. :\
Diablo 1 trade channel for some.. some I just sit at "Join Game" and watch stuff scroll.. I've landed so many Pul Runes from people who were deserpate for some mundane items.

Also - There area few things I'm missing on my list I can't recall its been about a week.

ElyrionX

SleazyC said:
I got some really low chance guards if you want em, I think either 26 MF or 27 MF can't remember off the top of my head.

Alright, I'll take it if you don't need it. It's marginally bettter than the magic +24MF ones I'm using now but every point counts. Thanks!

ElyrionX

trh said:

What's FG?

SleazyC

ElyrionX said:
Alright, I'll take it if you don't need it. It's marginally bettter than the magic +24MF ones I'm using now but every point counts. Thanks!
Just look for me in game some time (*SleazyC) or give me an approximate time we can hook up so I can give the Chancies to you.

ElyrionX

Thanks for the Chanceguards, Sleazy!

I'm now looking for a Tarnhelm. Does anyone have one? I've been trying to trade for it but haven't had much luck with that.

ElyrionX said:
Thanks for the Chanceguards, Sleazy!

I'm now looking for a Tarnhelm. Does anyone have one? I've been trying to trade for it but haven't had much luck with that.
I have a topazed one somewhere. Will see if I can find.

Necro gear is my wanting need at the moment :p or runes :D

ElyrionX

TurtleSnatcher said:
I have a topazed one somewhere. Will see if I can find.

Necro gear is my wanting need at the moment :p or runes :D

I think I've got some decent necro gear that I can hook you up with.

Are you on now?

jlai

If anyone's got Guillame's face or gore riders let me know please (account name jlai). I don't have that much to trade... Titans, IK helm and maul, jade talon, and I think Ko, Io, and fal. Let me know!

vilmer_

jlai said:
If anyone's got Guillame's face or gore riders let me know please (account name jlai). I don't have that much to trade... Titans, IK helm and maul, jade talon, and I think Ko, Io, and fal. Let me know!

I had some Gores. I'll shoot over a whisper if I still have (I forget lol).

FieryBalrog said:
Hey guys,

if anyone on west softcore ladder has any of the following that they don't need:

Sol rune
4 socket shield with not too high Str req
3 socket body armor

please let me know and I'd love to trade for them.

account name is soapie
thanks

Just so you know the lowest possible strength requirement for a 4 socket shield is 156, as a monarch is the lightest (so to speak) shield that can get 4 sockets. Unless you're a paladin of course.

Damn, that sucks- I was hoping to make Spirit at some point. :lol

Right now I just really need a 4 socketed elite polearm. The one I found had ridiculous strength requirements, I ended up trading it for pgems.

trh

it's still worth it to get those 156 str points for the spirit shield, it's really one of the best shields there is for a sorc.

Anyway just a heads up, I think that about 4 hours from now, 6pm gmt+1, I'm going to do some ridiculous mule cleaning in neogaf/neogaf, prolly lots of ali babas/vipermagis/shaftstops (get this for your merc... now)/chanceguards/waterwalks and other random stuff, an insight or two I think. So yeah, decent gear if you're just starting up. I have like ten mules and only two mules of stuff worth keeping.

FieryBalrog said:
Damn, that sucks- I was hoping to make Spirit at some point. :lol

Right now I just really need a 4 socketed elite polearm. The one I found had ridiculous strength requirements, I ended up trading it for pgems.

I'm assuming you want the spirit for a sorc? Just go for the 156 strength, I did too, and it's worth it. Especially the resists help quite a bit, and the +skills doesnt hurt either.

todahawk

trh said:
it's still worth it to get those 156 str points for the spirit shield, it's really one of the best shields there is for a sorc.

Anyway just a heads up, I think that about 4 hours from now, 6pm gmt+1, I'm going to do some ridiculous mule cleaning in neogaf/neogaf, prolly lots of ali babas/vipermagis/shaftstops (get this for your merc... now)/chanceguards/waterwalks and other random stuff, an insight or two I think. So yeah, decent gear if you're just starting up. I have like ten mules and only two mules of stuff worth keeping.

shit, i missed you last time. I'm going to have to install diablo2 here at work

ElyrionX

trh said:

Dude. I am desperate for decent gear. Please save some for me. I'll be there.

trh said:

Gonna be there too :D

SleazyC

trh said:

I'd be interested in one of the Insights regardless of the stats. My mana pool is so horrendous.

TurtleSnatcher said:
If anyone has a homoculus or a necro torch they are willing to trade.. give me a holler..

:D

Whatcha mean by necro torch? You mean one of the uniq wands? I got gravenspine on a mule i think, +2 necro skill lvls.

trh

Uhm yeah there's like 100+ items on the ground now, 2 insights, 8 or more chance guards, 2 tarnhelms etc etc etc. Come grab them now cause they're gonna poof in less than 15 minutes.

trh said:
Uhm yeah there's like 100+ items on the ground now, 2 insights, 8 or more chance guards, 2 tarnhelms etc etc etc. Come grab them now cause they're gonna poof in less than 15 minutes.

It's insane in there. I took a few things, and dropped a few. Get it now everybody :D

ive got the runes for a spirit shield all set, just need the damn shield. got a spirit sword yesterday very helpful. just been mfing on nm and waiting a bit until i move onto hell. also i always get lots in durance, like i always die and give up since its SOOO big. i run meph more but its seems to be more of a pain. also i have a thul and shael if anyone needs it and some + pally stuff.

Shinz Kicker said:
ive got the runes for a spirit shield all set, just need the damn shield. got a spirit sword yesterday very helpful. just been mfing on nm and waiting a bit until i move onto hell. also i always get lots in durance, like i always die and give up since its SOOO big. i run meph more but its seems to be more of a pain. also i have a thul and shael if anyone needs it and some + pally stuff.

The key to running meph quickly is twofold. First of all, get a sorc to port to the 3rd lvl, walking is a bitch. Secondly, starting from the WP, go clockwise. This works 95% of the time, and you should find the stairs within two minutes.

yeah i have teleporting sorc, going clock wise should help though.

edit anyone else having trouble making a game after we lost all that sweet gear. its really sad. ill keep tring. though

Top Bottom