• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Diablo II thread of I can't get enough of this damn game!

ElyrionX

Arggghhh, I missed out because I was AFK.

Goddamnit.

So what did you guys pick up? Did anyone pick up any extras of the following that I can have?

Tarnhelm
Ali-baba
High Chanceguards (I'm using 27% ones now)

EDIT: Thanks shinzkick for letting me have your Vipermagi!

Milabrega

Elyrion hit me up, I know I grabbed a spare baba and 30ish% chance guard on my necro who is retired outside of maggot lair rush's. If i really wanna use my necro again i've got a pair each on my sorc as well thanks to trh I could aways just xfer back over.

SleazyC

Elyrion I have a Tarnhelm for you as well. Was trying to get your attention earlier but seemed your were AFK everytime I asked you if you needed it :lol

ElyrionX

Wow. Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I will hit you guys up when I'm online tonight.

The extra MF should make my NM Diablo runs less frustrating.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Good day today, got a Stone made with almost 3k defense for my merc, and I got my Enigma made and during the first runs I got a higher HoZ and an Arachnid Mesh. :)

Shinz Kicker said:
hey, all i have a question should i make treachery +2 assassin armor or trade lem for a 4 socket monarch to spirit.
I can give you a 4os monarch/white monarch (larzuk quest will give 4 sockets) for free, just /w *cellsydeii whenever I'm on.

SleazyC

trh said:
Good day today, got a Stone made with almost 3k defense for my merc, and I got my Enigma made and during the first runs I got a higher HoZ and an Arachnid Mesh. :)
You suck :(

I'm still amassing a ton of gear in hopes of being able to trade for the eventual Enigma and HoTO that I want my hammerdin to be wearing. Then I need to find a nice sacred targe and hope I get a nice Spirit roll.

trh

Returners said:
do people still trade pgems for equipment anymore? I need the occy and I can offer pgems, how many pgems is it worth?
P gems do have a bit of a value still, because of rerollers using the 3pgems+magic item (charm/jewels mainly, only gotten at a specific area level too to maximize the chance of getting a good roll) cube recipe. Personally I pick up flawless gems that I cube up for this very reason, rolled a couple of very useable charms (11res, 3% faster run/walk small charms) basically for free. It helps that I can mule whenever I want to though so I don't have my stash cluttered up by gems.

SleazyC said:
You suck :(

I'm still amassing a ton of gear in hopes of being able to trade for the eventual Enigma and HoTO that I want my hammerdin to be wearing. Then I need to find a nice sacred targe and hope I get a nice Spirit roll.
Try substituting the Hoto with a Wizzy Spike for the time being, is what I'm using 'til I can get my hands on a Vex. :)

ElyrionX

Returners said:
do people still trade pgems for equipment anymore? I need the occy and I can offer pgems, how many pgems is it worth?

Pgems do have value and their value will only increase as the ladder progresses. That's because the number of uniques/runewords will only increase as people find more of them but the number of pgems will constantly decrease/remain at the same level due to them being constantly destroyed during unsuccessful craftings.

Currently, most higher items (like the Occy) won't be trade for pgems but who knows what would happen as the ladder season progresses.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
::sigh::

Just bought this game online yesterday. This will be the (I think) 4th time I've picked it up.

Guess you'll be seeing me online in the near future.

wheres everybody been. West has been dead for the last couple days. it would be cool if there was a raid or something equivilent to keep higher level players busy instead of Mf'ing the whole time.

Keep playing peoples!

I plan on gaming a bit this weekend.. Held off some to dedicate some time to FF4.. but a weekend is here so I plan on splitting some time :)

hclflow

Hey hey, back from my, uhm, vacation. Yeah!

OP updated with the handful who've registered in my absence. I can't fit you all on my friend list though. I keep having to play musical chairs to keep people on my list that actually play.

I've been MF'ing a lot and have found some terrific drops lately! Now have my zealot/smiter BurkDiggler up to 76 (mmm dracs). If anyone comes across a 2os Heaven's Light or a Stormlash they want to get rid of, I'll trade you for it.

Also a warning to those who mule in neogaf/neogaf: Watch out for PistolGrip (bnet acct GodsDelusion). He'll rob you blind, ignore repeated warnings and then tell YOU to chill out after you finally get his attention telling him to not steal! Luckily I was able to get him to relinquish some of my stuff, but I believe he still made off with other stuff.

It's water under the bridge now, but it's pretty unbelievable that some can't ask before just rummaging through piles. Just know who you're muling with. Best to get a buddy and do it in another game, I guess. Damn thieves.

I bought a second set of keys on the cheap so I can mule by myself and don't have to worry about petty thieves anymore, but just be aware if you still mule in neogaf games.

Also I duno what you're talking about Turtle, plenty of people are still playing. I've been playing FF4 too. Whatta brilliant remake!

See you guys online!

players have kinda dropped off hcl. only see you cell and jlai on consistenly. vilmer and nowz were on tonight and so was streetdream (got perm'd so get can post anymore). hole punch i havent seen in awhile.im starting work so ill be playing a bit less. but you still see me on a lot. hell is too much for me right now. i need to mf nm for awhile longer and get my meteor fo build up to speed. have plus 9 to skills in fire on my 51 and only +4 cold skills on my 75. so ill try to get her up to speed asap so i can dine in hell with the best of ya.

hclflow said:
Hey hey, back from my, uhm, vacation. Yeah!

OP updated with the handful who've registered in my absence. I can't fit you all on my friend list though. I keep having to play musical chairs to keep people on my list that actually play.

I've been MF'ing a lot and have found some terrific drops lately! Now have my zealot/smiter BurkDiggler up to 76 (mmm dracs). If anyone comes across a 2os Heaven's Light or a Stormlash they want to get rid of, I'll trade you for it.

Also a warning to those who mule in neogaf/neogaf: Watch out for PistolGrip (bnet acct GodsDelusion). He'll rob you blind, ignore repeated warnings and then tell YOU to chill out after you finally get his attention telling him to not steal! Luckily I was able to get him to relinquish some of my stuff, but I believe he still made off with other stuff.

It's water under the bridge now, but it's pretty unbelievable that some can't ask before just rummaging through piles. Just know who you're muling with. Best to get a buddy and do it in another game, I guess. Damn thieves.

I bought a second set of keys on the cheap so I can mule by myself and don't have to worry about petty thieves anymore, but just be aware if you still mule in neogaf games.

Also I duno what you're talking about Turtle, plenty of people are still playing. I've been playing FF4 too. Whatta brilliant remake!

See you guys online!

That guy has been pming me all week..

Good to know I shouldn't give him anything from now on.

what a jerkoff.

hclflow

Shinz Kicker said:
players have kinda dropped off hcl. only see you cell and jlai on consistenly. vilmer and nowz were on tonight and so was streetdream (got perm'd so get can post anymore). hole punch i havent seen in awhile.im starting work so ill be playing a bit less. but you still see me on a lot. hell is too much for me right now. i need to mf nm for awhile longer and get my meteor fo build up to speed. have plus 9 to skills in fire on my 51 and only +4 cold skills on my 75. so ill try to get her up to speed asap so i can dine in hell with the best of ya.

On most days there are at least 5-7 guys online on my friend list. Given that about half of my list never logs on, I could certainly make room for others who play more often so we can meet up. Hit me up with a PM here or on bnet (same name there) if you play frequently and want me to add you!

TurtleSnatcher said:
That guy has been pming me all week..

Good to know I shouldn't give him anything from now on.

what a jerkoff.

Yeah, it was pretty fucking pathetic. There were two eyewitnesses, even. I was even sitting there, in the middle of my pile of stuff, doing !chat so he could SPECIFICALLY see that I was saying it was off-limits, and he just keeps going to town. Then I follow him to the corner, and go figure, he's dropping my stuff in the corner to mule. So, I just picked it all up as he dropped it.

Then he comes back with a mule and says HEY WHERE'S MY STUFF. Then I proceed to inform him he just stole several items (including an insight) from me. I'm of course livid and using many wonderful words to describe him and possibly his mother. He tells ME to chill out. The nerve.

It's actually pretty funny looking back on it, but it was fucking infuriating at the time. Last time I ever muled in a GAF game. Pretty sad!

jlai

Finally got my Uber Zeal/Smiter done and did my first solo today :D :D

Got a 14/16 Necro Torch. Anyone wanna trade an anni for it? And yeah, if anyone needs a rush or any help at all feel free to message me in game, account *jlai. I'll be more than happy to help.

i think my problem is i only have the friend names from people i have seen, i havent gone and copied the whole list down into my /f add. ill do that after work today so ill be on around 10:00pm CDT time

jlai said:
Finally got my Uber Zeal/Smiter done and did my first solo today :D :D

Got a 14/16 Necro Torch. Anyone wanna trade an anni for it? And yeah, if anyone needs a rush or any help at all feel free to message me in game, account *jlai. I'll be more than happy to help.
Dang I need that Necro torch..! :(

Ill trade a bunch of mid lvl runes for it.. and whatever else I may have :p

Haven't been playing much for several reasons. First of all, I have an important exam I need to pass next month to be admitted to a Masters I want to do.

Secondly, for me, Diablo2 is kinda like hooking up with an old girlfriend after not seeing them for years. You run into her, start remembering all the fun times you had, and decide to give it another go. Then, after one or two weeks, you start remembering why you broke up in the first place :lol

The game just isnt that interesting to me to play on my own, and more and more people seem to prefer MFing solo than teaming up.

ElyrionX

I wouldn't mind doing MF runs together, Richardfun. I do Hell Diablo now and the Chaos Sanct is kicking my butt so the extra help ccould really come in useful.

But yea, Hell is kicking my ass. I can handle Diablo solo just fine but his minions are a pain in the butt and I take an assload of damage from them so my MFing runs are really slow because I constantly have to cast my hammers and run away. I can't tank them and it's pretty annoying. Any advice guys?

EDIT: I don't have much to offer but if anyone has an extra HOZ to spare, I can offer an Um and a bunch of lower runes as well as pgems. I think that would really help my hammerdin a lot.

Milabrega

Its not dead at all. That said:

For my MF sorc, will I need energy shield or one of the ice armors? Are should i save the points and work on my blizzard synergies? I plan to Hell MF, mainly mephisto.

hclflow

vilmer_ said:
This thread has really grinded to a halt. I'm extremely disappointed!

You should've known 90 percent of those who signed up would play for like five hours then never touch it again. GEEZ

Milabrega said:
Its not dead at all. That said:

For my MF sorc, will I need energy shield or one of the ice armors? Are should i save the points and work on my blizzard synergies? I plan to Hell MF, mainly mephisto.

Put a point in Shiver Armor because it chills enemies right as their attack animations start, making safe porting easier. As for ES, that depends on which way you wanna go. I personally have ES at level 5 (15 with gear) and 100 hard points in energy. Just realize that by choosing ES you'll also want to max Telekinesis for its damage reduction synergy, so that'll be another 20 points that'll be diverted from Blizzard synergizerating.

For Blizz sorc it's probably best to ignore ES and just pump vitality.

Twig

Banned
I'm still playing! I've just been slightly busy with other things (like my desktop going madcrazy batshit insane and crashing on me), so I'm taking it much slower.

Playing on a laptop is less than ideal. Touchpad, ew.

trh

I'm actually surprised at how well this thread has held up, I really didn't expect so many people doing end-game content.

Carm

I still play, though not as much as before. All I do now is MF on Andy/Meph, and that has become tedious because I keep getting the same low level crap. Finished Act 1 hell last week, will probably try to get to meph this week to try MF on Hell, hopefully better luck with drops.

hclflow

Galanthas said:
I still play, though not as much as before. All I do now is MF on Andy/Meph, and that has become tedious because I keep getting the same low level crap. Finished Act 1 hell last week, will probably try to get to meph this week to try MF on Hell, hopefully better luck with drops.

Hell drops are exponentially better than anything you can get in NM.

vilmer_ said:
Burk and Pucas: nothing can stop them.

Corky. :(

ElyrionX

Can anyone get on USEast NOW?

I left a Pul rune in a game and I can't seem to connect to bnet. GOddamnit. It's on the fucking ground. HELP ME!

EDIT: Son of a bitch. It's gone. FUCK YOU BLIZZARD!!!

ElyrionX said:
Can anyone get on USEast NOW?

I left a Pul rune in a game and I can't seem to connect to bnet. GOddamnit. It's on the fucking ground. HELP ME!

EDIT: Son of a bitch. It's gone. FUCK YOU BLIZZARD!!!
Were you muling too much? Logging in and out of characters .. thus it locked you out?

Sorry to hear.

Was on a bit last night.. didnt see anyone on though.

Redd

hclflow said:
You should've known 90 percent of those who signed up would play for like five hours then never touch it again. GEEZ

I'm up there for hours every day:D . Seriously I'm addicted to Diablo II again. I know most of you guys play ladder but if anybody is on NL I'm P_Wright. By the way anyone know how to repair an etheral item? Some guy told me there was some way to do it but he couldn't remember how.

firex

Redd said:
I'm up there for hours every day:D . Seriously I'm addicted to Diablo II again. I know most of you guys play ladder but if anybody is on NL I'm P_Wright. By the way anyone know how to repair an etheral item? Some guy told me there was some way to do it but he couldn't remember how.
There's a cube recipe but it might be ladder only.

edit: wait I'm retarded, that cube recipe doesn't work on ethereal gear.

Redd

I would but I've got friends on NL. Besides I seen the trade channels in Ladder............wow it's madness in there. I'll probably do a HC character once I can figure out how to make sure my Necromancer never has to get into the thick of battles. I actually made it all the way to Act 3 hell before I died for the first time with crappy gear. I'm obviously doing something right. Only time I struggle is in closed places with P-Immunes.:D

ElyrionX

TurtleSnatcher said:
Were you muling too much? Logging in and out of characters .. thus it locked you out?

Sorry to hear.

Was on a bit last night.. didnt see anyone on though.

I switched between three or four characters (not accounts) real quick. But it was just FOUR times. For fucks sake, what kind of shitty system have they got going here? The real bots and spammers are still flooding bnet with their shitty messages and the shitty system Blizzard has implemented does nothing but punish legitimate players. Fucking shit.

ely if you really need to mule something just give it a couple hours one of us would have been on and muled for you. also for 5 bucks a new account is mighty nice.

ElyrionX said:
I switched between three or four characters (not accounts) real quick. But it was just FOUR times. For fucks sake, what kind of shitty system have they got going here? The real bots and spammers are still flooding bnet with their shitty messages and the shitty system Blizzard has implemented does nothing but punish legitimate players. Fucking shit.
Yea that still counts though.

Makes sense..

Its to stop Pindlebots etc.. Cant leave a game too fast and join a game too fast even multiple times.

That should have been obvious to you before muling.. You can't blame Blizzard.

Also if you need to mule that bad.. I'd recommend waiting or doing it in a Free Parking or Mule Park game and just make sure the games are not full then hide them in a really hard to find spot in act 1..

Usually my mules have WP's to places way out.

ElyrionX

TurtleSnatcher said:
Yea that still counts though.

Makes sense..

Its to stop Pindlebots etc.. Cant leave a game too fast and join a game too fast even multiple times.

That should have been obvious to you before muling.. You can't blame Blizzard.

Also if you need to mule that bad.. I'd recommend waiting or doing it in a Free Parking or Mule Park game and just make sure the games are not full then hide them in a really hard to find spot in act 1..

Usually my mules have WP's to places way out.

I don't know what kind of bots it's supposed to stop because I still see PLENTY of Baal-bots online and it's not as if these guys are trying to hide the fact that they are in fact, bots.

I'd argue that the system is poorly designed simply because of the fact that so many legitimate players get irked by it constantly. What's more, the last time, I actually switched rapidly among my characters at least eight times before getting temp banned but this time it was only four times. It wasn't within my expectations and it doesn't seem to be predictable.

The least they could do is provide some ingame system that gives you a warning before they temp ban you. That would actually be a much friendlier system to newbies. Letting people find out for themselves the hard way is just not ideal in any kind of circumstance.

Redd

ElyrionX said:
I don't know what kind of bots it's supposed to stop because I still see PLENTY of Baal-bots online and it's not as if these guys are trying to hide the fact that they are in fact, bots.

I'd argue that the system is poorly designed simply because of the fact that so many legitimate players get irked by it constantly. What's more, the last time, I actually switched rapidly among my characters at least eight times before getting temp banned but this time it was only four times. It wasn't within my expectations and it doesn't seem to be predictable.

The least they could do is provide some ingame system that gives you a warning before they temp ban you. That would actually be a much friendlier system to newbies. Letting people find out for themselves the hard way is just not ideal in any kind of circumstance.

Why not just go a little slower? Thats what I do when I want to transfer items between character. The system sucks yeah but you got to work with what you got. I'm in a diablo game right now transfering. It's not so bad when you know what you're doing.

Gumby04

where is the best place to get high level runes... cause i have a 5 socket sword but no runes for it :\

also .. i'm lvl 72 and still getting raped in hell due to the resistance levels.. where can i get good resistance stuff?

Gumby04

TheOneGuy said:
I'm still playing! I've just been slightly busy with other things (like my desktop going madcrazy batshit insane and crashing on me), so I'm taking it much slower.

Playing on a laptop is less than ideal. Touchpad, ew.

ya.. tried that yesterday... DO NOT WANT... couldn't do the touchpad mouse thing..

Gumby04

Shinz Kicker said:
ely if you really need to mule something just give it a couple hours one of us would have been on and muled for you. also for 5 bucks a new account is mighty nice.

or you can just open a game for at least 5 mins.. then just drop and come back..

Top Bottom