• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Diablo II thread of I can't get enough of this damn game!

So as a Paladin, how do you keep an aura up and attack at the same time? Sorry for the noob questions, but this is sadly the first time I've played a Diablo game.

Teknoman

ToyMachine228 said:
So as a Paladin, how do you keep an aura up and attack at the same time? Sorry for the noob questions, but this is sadly the first time I've played a Diablo game.

Left click to attack, assign skills to the right click side of things. As for auras, just click on that right side attack icon and just click on the aura you want. If you like hotkeys, then you can just place the pointer over the skill and press an F number key.

eznark said:
so to add to the newbness, if I just play solo, but play on battle.net I can progress with that character and jump into gaf games when available?

I just want to make sure I'm playing it right.

Yup. Just make sure you either set the player limit to 1, or make a password game that no one knows the password to.

hclflow

Great times this weekend guys. Hope everyone keeps on playing. Many folks are in the 20s by now, so try to get up there if you aren't. Doesn't take too awful long!

Twig

Banned
):

You people are going too fast. I don't have time to play every night. And now that you all started over on ladder, I'm back to level 1! (Haven't had a chance to play since then.)

):

hclflow

TheOneGuy said:
):

You people are going too fast. I don't have time to play every night. And now that you all started over on ladder, I'm back to level 1! (Haven't had a chance to play since then.)

):

Just start a character. For every time you post with a frown-face you could gain five levels!

Twig

Banned
hclflow said:
Just start a character. For every time you post with a frown-face you could gain five levels!
Well I'm busy. And at work, at the moment! And I want to play WITH people, not by myself!

But today's my last day at work (getting laid off), so I should have more time for this. (And Age of Conan and Team Fortress 2 and and and...)

tawal

Are Lightning Sentry trapsins still any good? I am going to start playing sometime today but I'm not sure which class/build I want to go.

hclflow

TheOneGuy said:
Well I'm busy. And at work, at the moment! And I want to play WITH people, not by myself!

But today's my last day at work (getting laid off), so I should have more time for this. (And Age of Conan and Team Fortress 2 and and and...)

Getting laid off? Ouch! :(

But still, you can play with us while you level up. Not like you have to play in a game by yourself. Plus, not everyone is in the 20s. There are still a few in single digits.

tawal said:
Are Lightning Sentry trapsins still any good? I am going to start playing sometime today but I'm not sure which class/build I want to go.

I'm not incredibly familiar with assassin builds, but every one I play with that uses lightning traps effectively can be pretty deadly.

Twig

Banned
hclflow said:
Getting laid off? Ouch! :(
Yeah. It's not a huge deal (it's a co-op job for school (like a paid internship) and I'm not losing any credit hours or anything). But the money would've been nice. Ah well.

Shit happens! Life goes on.
But still, you can play with us while you level up. Not like you have to play in a game by yourself. Plus, not everyone is in the 20s. There are still a few in single digits.
Yeah, I'm going to play tonight. I was out all weekend with my friends but tonight I've got nothing to do, so I'll probably play a bunch. :D

Teknoman

Im just trying to take in the story too. Im good for Act I and II, but Act III...it seemed like the quests were too random to really pick up on anything. Unless thats just because we mowed through everything :lol

sedaku

ok Blizzard fix the problem. If you download the digital copy you can login USEast now.

I'm sedaku/skymind/Paladin/USEast

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
Are you guys playing Ladder or Nonladder? EDIT: My bad, Ladder rest JUNE 17TH.

Whats so much better about Ladder? I know its supposedly more difficult (define increased difficulty) and theres a bunch of different unique items, but so what? I'm not really interested in farming all the rune words, I just want to play coop and have fun. I don't see what makes it so much better.

Should I even bother to roll Ladder when I have six non-ladder characters already?

If we ever get a really organized group going, will it be Ladder of Nonladder? Regardless, all of our Ladder characters will be Nonladder in less than a month.

How bout we start organizing coop in IRC on quakenet channel #diabloGAF?

Btw, my two accounts are Jon_Amikar and JonMaxim on US EAST. Friend me!

Twig

Banned
JonAmikar said:
Are you guys playing Ladder or Nonladder? You should realize that ladder resets on July 17th.
And then said characters turn non-ladder, so it's not really a big deal.

Or at least that's my understanding.

Rur0ni

JonAmikar said:

Whats so much better about Ladder? I know its supposedly more difficult (define increased difficulty) and theres a bunch of different unique items, but so what? I'm not really interested in farming all the rune words, I just want to play coop and have fun. I don't see what makes it so much better.

Should I even bother to roll Ladder when I have six non-ladder characters already?

If we ever get a really organized group going, will it be Ladder of Nonladder? Regardless, all of our Ladder characters will be Nonladder in less than a month.

How bout we start organizing coop in IRC on quakenet channel #diabloGAF?

Btw, my two accounts are Jon_Amikar and JonMaxim on US EAST. Friend me!
I've managed to play with people everyday so far. Everyone is on a different schedule really, but we all get to play with a gaffer. And ladder appears to have had a lot more drops. I've seen dozens of rares, and multiple set items. And I'm only lvl 22 right now. In Act 2.

hclflow

JonAmikar said:

Yeah, the ladder just reset on June 17. It's not resetting again any time soon. Most of us have migrated over to ladder now, so if you want groups on a regular basis with GAFers, that's your best bet.

Doomsayer, follow the registration format in the OP if you want me to include your info.

Well I'm only a high lvl because I get drawn into blizzard games like crack :p

I love their products and know them in and out. I also like to plan things out. I spent like an hour planning out my druid the other day.

I probably will only lvl him through nightmare and then hold off from doing hell and make another character.

I am also going out of town for a few days so I need to really jump ahead of everyone. I'm hoping to get to the end of nightmare and into the mid 70's by tonight.

I'm thinking of a FoH pally as my next build.. or a martial arts sin.. Saw one the other day trash through some stuff in A1 Nightmare that was pretty low lvl.

I just want to get to end of NM and be able to solo a few bosses so I can MF a little.

hclflow

TurtleSnatcher said:
Well I'm only a high lvl because I get drawn into blizzard games like crack :p

I love their products and know them in and out. I also like to plan things out. I spent like an hour planning out my druid the other day.

I probably will only lvl him through nightmare and then hold off from doing hell and make another character.

I am also going out of town for a few days so I need to really jump ahead of everyone. I'm hoping to get to the end of nightmare and into the mid 70's by tonight.

I'm thinking of a FoH pally as my next build.. or a martial arts sin.. Saw one the other day trash through some stuff in A1 Nightmare that was pretty low lvl.

I just want to get to end of NM and be able to solo a few bosses so I can MF a little.

It's ok -- no one will hold it against you. :p

The dude on the Blizzard support line just told me that Diablo 2 will not work on OSX. Is there any fix for this other than installing a Windows partition?

Mr Jared

Jimmy Stav said:
The dude on the Blizzard support line just told me that Diablo 2 will not work on OSX. Is there any fix for this other than installing a Windows partition?

That dude must be on crack because I'm playing on OSX. I registered my license key on the Blizzard site (Diablo 2 PC 1.0) and downloaded the OSX version from them.

Milabrega said:
I've got a Goreshovel and Brainhew if anyone wants them (UsEast Ladder). Don't want anything for them just don't think I should merchant Uniques is all. http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/normal/uaxes.shtml for stats.

Theres a ladder normal room up at neogaf2/neogaf.

Does anyone feel like starting Nightmare soon?

You put level restrictions on neogaf/neogaf i can't join =(.

That isn't me.. Must be someone else.. I got locked out for logging in and out too much with characters :lol

New Game!!

neogaf2/neogaf

USEast Normal Ladder

eznark

Banned
i might have put level restrictions on, but only because I'm ignorant. Until I get leveled I'll just start games with like neogaf9 or something.

Up to level 6 though, trying to get minutes in here and there when I can...

Mr Jared said:
That dude must be on crack because I'm playing on OSX. I registered my license key on the Blizzard site (Diablo 2 PC 1.0) and downloaded the OSX version from them.

Can you point me in the right direction?

I tried installing it on my disc copy of the game, but it still wouldn't work.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Seriously,guys.

How.

The.

Fuck.

Do.

You.

Kill.

Duriel.

How the fuck do you kill him? He two shots my sorceress,and 3 shots my barbarian!

Give me some fucking cheat codes or something,jesus christ.

firex

lol, duriel.

yeah, I hate fighting him too. I always built my summon necros I have played around having a massive skeleton army to face him, and life tap. for melee? just get a really good life leech weapon and mash down on it, or get someone else to help you kill him. he's the toughest boss on normal.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So is anyone planning on playing on US West? How's the lag if not playing on the closest realm? I'm using cable, by the way.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Got my new character to 19 already.. not done either tonight :p

:)

I love my new character.. I had a summoner druid around 52.. but I made a new pally.. Researched it a bit and currently have a lvl 42.. Started him tonight.

He's freakishly strong.. doing over 3k a hit D: And hes fun :D

OK so...I have the Diablo 2 OST from the collectors edition...and personally my favorite music plays in the Kurast Docks portion of Act 3 and it isn't on the OST. Does anyone know where i can get this song???

Rur0ni

MisterAnderson said:
Anyone play hardcore mode? I'm thinking of starting up some Diablo 2 possibly this week sometime and I only ever play hardcore.
I'm going to play hardcore. I'm actually looking for a tank-like partner. Since I'll be a clerical-esque paladin. Be warned I can't play 10 hours a day though. :p

Hardcore is fun.. but when I die I hate it.. All the work and then losing it all just makes me want to quit which is what I dont want to do :)

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
If anyone wants to group up, I've got:

USWest
Necromancer (focused on summoning Skeletons aka Summonmancer) at level 22 in the beginning of Act III, but I don't mind helping out if you're in an earlier area.
Add "Oberst", it's my account name.

USEast
Sorceress (going to go Blizzard), only level 5 though.
Account name also "Oberst".

Top Bottom