• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Diablo II thread of I can't get enough of this damn game!

Man im addicted.. Just got another 2 levels on my paladin before my flight out today...

Lvl 44 Pally now.

I will be back on Thursday evening - Dont out lvl me too far people!

TurtleSnatcher said:
Hardcore is fun.. but when I die I hate it.. All the work and then losing it all just makes me want to quit which is what I dont want to do :)

Then don't die! :) Always carry rejeauvs and always quest with people you trust. It's a lot easier to not die than people think, since out of necessity you play much more conservatively and cautiously knowing that if you die that's it. It makes the game MUCH more compelling IMO.

I remember hearing about hardcore mode and being like "WTF there's no WAY I'd ever do that shit...." Then I gave it a try and never looked back.

Momar

aka Ryder
Ugh, been so busy lately. I plan to play tonight though! I have to make a brand new ladder character though :(

Anybody down to group with me at a low level? I'll try to get as far as I can solo, but it's high time for some multiplayer action!

EDIT: Okay, go ahead and switch me over to the ladder list, same char name, same everything. I'm making a game now, it's neogaf/neogaf. Join up!

Man last night for like two hours I basically took my merc for a walk and let him kill stuff to level up--my main interaction was to slow enemies down for him with freezing spells, and heal him when he got hurt.

God damn it I'm addicted to this fucking game yet again.

screw u all LOL I'm stuck in Orlando with no laptop cuz its broken and my new one didn't get in... Reading all of this makes me want to play. Only got my ipod touch lol

Zzoram

eznark said:
oh shit. Do you lose all your equipped items when you die?

Not really, it stays on your "corpse", you just have to go pick it back up. If you leave the game, the next game you join the corpse will be in town.

hey guys, i reinstalled my copy two days ago. my character right now is a ladder lvl 49 meteorb sorc named YasminLight on USWest, currently in nightmare.

edit: could we get a USWest list going?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hey guys, I FINALLY got the DD copies of D2 and LoD from the Blizzard store downloaded and running on my macbook pro.

I just started a lvl 2 paladin on USWest. I've been playing an offline paladin for a while on my windows laptop, but I'm finally back on Battlenet.

Anyone on USWest up for some low level adventuring?

eznark said:
oh shit. Do you lose all your equipped items when you die?

You drop a corpse when you die. it holds all your shit. Basically, you have to go retrieve the corpse.

hclflow

cmonmanreally said:
hey guys, i reinstalled my copy two days ago. my character right now is a ladder lvl 49 meteorb sorc named YasminLight on USWest, currently in nightmare.

edit: could we get a USWest list going?

I have absolutely no problem getting a USWest list going. Just follow the registration format in the OP and I'll add your info.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
hclflow said:
I have absolutely no problem getting a USWest list going. Just follow the registration format in the OP and I'll add your info.

thetrin / thetrin / Thebian / Paladin / US West

Twig

Banned
I started my new ladder character. Level 12 now.

TheOneGuy / Togglesworlh / Jiberwot / Druid / US East Ladder

Teknoman

Damn im glad there are still early lvls playing. Im only lvl...15 I think? I took a break for 2 days and everyone left me in the dust :lol

Milabrega

I just restarted a paladin with twink gear lvl 12. anyone going to be on in a little bit? Also alot of us are on NM now, Should we use NeogafNM/Neogaf for NM rooms? or something like that.

Carm

*sigh* after I got my druid back up to 15ish after deleting once, I find this thread with most on ladder, oh well starting over yet again. :lol

Galanthas/Galanthas/Galanthas/Druid/USEast Ladder

Also

Galanthas/Galanthas/Odinus/Necro/USEast Ladder

Though I have no idea how much I'll play him.

Teknoman

Milabrega said:
I just restarted a paladin with twink gear lvl 12. anyone going to be on in a little bit? Also alot of us are on NM now, Should we use NeogafNM/Neogaf for NM rooms? or something like that.

Im going on now, but you guys need to use NeogafNM or something. I'm still in normal land.

Also not saying im not enjoying playing with everyone (seriously its even more fun than when I started playing the game at release) but im going to be glad when DIII releases so we dont have to/cant rush through everything.

Then again, maybe thats what nightmare is for :lol

purg3

slept with Malkin
Teknoman said:
Im going on now, but you guys need to use NeogafNM or something. I'm still in normal land.

Also not saying im not enjoying playing with everyone (seriously its even more fun than when I started playing the game at release) but im going to be glad when DIII releases so we dont have to/cant rush through everything.

Then again, maybe thats what nightmare is for :lol

what act are you in on normal? I'm on the beginning of Act 2, sucks playing solo as an low lvl amazon.

hclflow

I support the notion of appending NM/HELL to the end of NM/HELL games. Please inform those you see online of this change in format, because there seem to be at least a few GAFers that aren't utilizing this thread.

I personally rerolled a meteorb sorc shortly ago. Gunna get busy with that now. :eek:

Teknoman

purg3 said:
what act are you in on normal? I'm on the beginning of Act 2, sucks playing solo as an low lvl amazon.

Beginning of Act 2 (second quest anyway)

I forgot how challenging it is to play the game solo, almost got my ass handed to me by Radament.

xnbxib.jpg

fatty

Just got done installing the game and I hopped on for a bit to get my feet wet. Chose a non ladder game on battle.net. I played the first Diablo and some things are a little familiar but I still have quite a bit to take in.

I'm getting lots of stuff in my inventory and I'm not sure what to do with it. In Diablo, I was able to just put it on the ground and come back to it but I can't now that I'm on battle.net with Diablo II, besides selling it do I have any other options?

My info:

GAF name / battle.net account / character name / class / realm

fatty / Robert_P / fattybob / sorceress / USEast

Rur0ni

fatty said:
Just got done installing the game and I hopped on for a bit to get my feet wet. Chose a non ladder game on battle.net. I played the first Diablo and some things are a little familiar but I still have quite a bit to take in.

I'm getting lots of stuff in my inventory and I'm not sure what to do with it. In Diablo, I was able to just put it on the ground and come back to it but I can't now that I'm on battle.net with Diablo II, besides selling it do I have any other options?

My info:

GAF name / battle.net account / character name / class / realm

fatty / Robert_P / fattybob / sorceress / USEast
Sell Sell Sell. If you can't use it, or use it soon.... Sell. Save your monies, and don't die (takes monies)

Milabrega

Just opened neogaf/neogaf on UsEast. Normal Starting Act 2, but if any Act 1 people pop in, i only did cain/andy so we could do those.

thetrin

Stupid question. What IS the ladder? I never played ladder when I played Bnet back in the day.

thetrin

Ryder said:
Do you guys have any tips on leveling? My leveling has been really slow :( Only level 6!

How much have you been playing?

Momar

aka Ryder
thetrin said:
How much have you been playing?

Not terribly often, been really busy with summer classes and work. I'd say it took maybe... an hour and a half to two hours? I'm pretty new to Diablo, so yeah :(

edit: mind you, I wasn't grinding at all, another GAFfer was helping me run through quests (finished off Andariel for me, so Dung Beetles are kicking my ass in act II :( ).

Somnid

Teknoman said:
Beginning of Act 2 (second quest anyway)

I forgot how challenging it is to play the game solo, almost got my ass handed to me by Radament.

I just solo'd him in Hell with the players 8 command with a summon necro. His poison killed all my minions (I had to corpse explode his skeletons to make any forward progress) so I was left pounding him with my merc and golem. It took nearly an hour with his stone skin mod. Thank god they disable healing on bosses or that would have been impossible.

hclflow

Ryder said:
Not terribly often, been really busy with summer classes and work. I'd say it took maybe... an hour and a half to two hours? I'm pretty new to Diablo, so yeah :(

edit: mind you, I wasn't grinding at all, another GAFfer was helping me run through quests (finished off Andariel for me, so Dung Beetles are kicking my ass in act II :( ).

Go back through the earlier Act I areas. If the person who helped you knew you were new to the game, they shouldn't have rushed you like that.

I'm glad many new people are starting so I won't be out leveled when I get back tomorrow LOL

Pally is 44 and already does 3.3k a hit

Also if u have a lot of good items then make a mule which is a lvl 1 character who holds items only. U can transfer in neogaf games just drop them on the ground and come back instatly no one should take them. Don't sell items that u can use later on other chars maybe u can get money easily not doing that

Also ladder has some unique item drops and just had reset a few weeks ago so it is pretty clean and fresh.

Don't leave act 1 until early teens at least if u are soloing or even with a group. Go finish act 1 quests... The story is great. Even if u rush act1 then do trust runs at least to the teens

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
trh / cellsyde / cell-XIII / sorceress / US-East (Ladder)

currently level 73, A1 Hell

If anyone on US-East has a 4 open socket one hand sword (lower str/dex requirement = better) or a 4 open socket polearm (preferably one from nightmare or hell) to spare please let me know as I'm in dire need of these to make some progress in Hell. got it :)

thetrin said:
Stupid question. What IS the ladder? I never played ladder when I played Bnet back in the day.

Battlenet IS ladder. Might not have realized it, haha.

Unless you played on "Open Battlenet", which is tucked in the Other Multiplayer options.

Huzah

All right since there's alot of newbies here, here's a leveling guide for ladder:

1-16 Do tristam runs (basically 1.5 - 0.5 lvl a run)
16-21 Do tal rasha's tomb runs (1 lvl a run)
21-25 Leech from cow runs or do travincal runs (leeching cows is almost 2 lvls a run)
25-44 Do baal runs but don't kill baal for quest (1.5 - 1 lvl a run)
44-75 Do nightmare baal runs but don't kill baal for quest (1.5 - 1 lvl a run)

Then kill baal and enter hell.

If you find good 8 player games the actual lvling parts should take very little.
Baal runs for example will only take 6-10 mins with a teleporting sorc with 8 players.

Msg *Vesar on useast ladder if you need help rushing.

Teknoman

Is there any way you can get the horadric cube if you managed to miss it the first time through? Got a rush from II-V but missed the cube. Actually grabbed a soulstone somehow though.

Tendo

Ok, so my pally is lvl 18 now and I grabbed the blessed hammer attack. How do I use it without turning off my auras? right now I have thorns on F1 and hammer on F2. Can I set hammer to right click somehow, or some other key that wont require me turning off my auras?

firex

pretty sure you can bind the hammer to left click, but I'm not positive since I've never done a hammerdin.

Top Bottom