• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Misty May is ridiculous. You'd expect that due to her relatively short stature (compared to Kerri Walsh) that she wouldn't have all that power. The white outfits... kind of amazing.

Holy shit that was a HAMMER by Kerri Walsh.

pxleyes

Banned
Ceres said:
I've heard a lot of "it's not a real sport" comments. Not so much here but I hear it all the time at work or other places. With it featured in the primetime so often, it's one of the more attacked "nonsport" events.
But...shouldn't the primetime coverage solidify it's plae in the games? Hell it gets LIVE coverage in primetime which is a coveted spot. Even more established sports like basketball don't get that till near the finals.

WOOOOOOOOOOOT. Fuck you and your trick play!

maximum360 said:
Bolt is freakin sick. He practically demoralized everyone else on the track. The silver and bronze medalist should just hang their shame in disgust and hand their medals to Bolt.
they already handed their medals to the guys in 4th and 5th

hell, dix was like "man i lost" and he got bronze@

Ceres

Banned
pxleyes said:
But...shouldn't the primetime coverage solidify it's plae in the games? Hell it gets LIVE coverage in primetime which is a coveted spot. Even more established sports like basketball don't get that till near the finals.

Well.... beach volleyball is played at 10 in the morning there. Basketball is usually played between 6 and 8 pm. Of course it won't get a live prime time slot here ;)

I don't agree with those complainers. Beach volleyball is one of my favorite Olympic sports. I love the niche sports.

Meier

Weird, Walsh blocked the ball and then still kept the volley alive. I didn't realize that was acceptable. Misty May had another amazing kill though.

Good kill by the Chinese there too.

Ceres

Banned
Meier said:
Weird, Walsh blocked the ball and then still kept the volley alive. I didn't realize that was acceptable. Misty May had another amazing kill though.

Good kill by the Chinese there too.

I thought the same. Maybe it's only indoor team volleyball when there's like 6 people on a side. I think the reason it usually doesn't happen is because you only get 3 touches and you need to dig, set, and spike. It's usually impossible for one person to dig & set.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Meier said:
Weird, Walsh blocked the ball and then still kept the volley alive. I didn't realize that was acceptable.

yeah i didn't know either until I saw the men do it like every 3rd volley :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
"Misty May" is the name of a prostitute. The fact her dad's name is BUTCH is just more evidence. The Mays are a family of prostitutes.

giga

paulpiercetruth_article.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom