• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimmy

Banned
Hahahahah
The French CBC channel had a hilarious segment. Apparently there was a mini-controversy when they found out that the Canadian national uniform was made in China. So they guy asked other countries' teams where their clothes are made...

Australia... made in China
Pakistan... made in Pakistan
Senegal... made in Senegal
Russia... made in Russia
Portugal... made in China
USA... made in...Japan???
China... made in.... THAILAND???

Hahaha what a revelation - even the Chinese uniforms are made overseas!

Wallach

Dice said:
What are you guys watching? I see Bolt getting ready right now...

I'm streaming the 49k women's Taekwondo. Quite frankly the women's performances in this event have been largely disappointing. KEN v SWE was decent but everything else so far has been a lot of standing and some frustrated referees.

Right after I type this the woman from Cuba just stops her Vietnamese opponent cold when she was coming in with a straight foot to the face. :lol

Frenck

Banned
Ripclawe said:
Pictured: The moment British Olympic swimmers confronted German rival over her 'dirty tricks'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ers-confronted-German-rival-dirty-tricks.html

Row: Cassie Patten (right) accused German Angela Maurer (left) of pulling her leg at the end of the race, ruining Britain's chance of a 17th gold
article-1046580-0259D5AF00000578-370_468x286.jpg

Angry: Patten jabs her finger at Maurer as she makes her point about the race
article-1046580-0259AA3B00000578-183_468x286.jpg

Is there any proof?

There has to be some kind of video evidence if it is true.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So how long will the videos be up on the NBC site? Their streaming is absolutely pathetic but maybe when the Olympics are over I can go check out
the inexcusable masses of
stuff I missed.

Wallach

Dice said:
So how long will the videos be up on the NBC site? Their streaming is absolutely pathetic but maybe when the Olympics are over I can go check out
the inexcusable masses of
stuff I missed.

Do you mean the stream speed/quality or just the selection? NBC's steam quality for me has been excellent throughout; I don't think I've seen it pause even once.

RotBot

Frenck said:
Is there any proof?

There has to be some kind of video evidence if it is true.

The Brit was already well in 3rd place and losing distance on the first 2 when any grabbing might have happened, so it wouldn't have affected her placement.

Roughhousing appears to be common in the long swims.
http://www.nbcolympics.com/swimming/news/newsid=237862.html#favorite+ilchenko+takes+womens
Sutton competed in Melbourne, too, so she was familiar with the rough racing tactics of kicking, grabbing and knocking over competitors' drinks on sticks at the feeding station.

"It was a pretty physical race. I tried to stay away from a lot of it," she said. "If I would've tried to get into a good draft position, I would've just gotten beat up. I was sprinting so long that when people started to speed up, I just started to slow down."

Ilchenko said she had her own run-ins with Brazilian teammates Ana Cunha (the other 16-year-old, who was fifth) and Poliana Pechanova (seventh).

"I had to clash on numerous occasions, especially with the swimmers from Brazil," she said. "I was trying to break away from the Brazilian girls, who were quite aggressive. This is swimming after all, not boxing."

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wallach said:
Do you mean the stream speed/quality or just the selection? NBC's steam quality for me has been excellent throughout; I don't think I've seen it pause even once.
Stream quality. It constantly pauses and stutters for me. I can stream 720p quicktime so it's not my connection.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Damn those athletes doing speed walking can sure shake their butts :lol

Also, it's not good that they're under the rain like that. Can you think of all the baldness coming later in their life ? :O

Blader

avaya said:
No one is downplaying Phelps.

People are debating what they think was the most impressive feat so far in this Olympics. For me it is Bolt by a mile.

You say that, but actually plenty of people in this thread have been downplaying Phelps. That's what's so insulting.

Both Phelps and Bolt have secured themselves as some of the greatest, if not the greatest, Olympians of all time. Let's just leave it at that.

EDIT - And that really sucks for Spearmon, especially since they didn't tell him until after the victory lap. Wtf.

Blader

guess said:
reaction to being disqualified in the 200m was hilarious. His interview was very strange.

That guy was such an asshole. "What emotion are you feeling?" What the fuck kind of question is that?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
My God those Chinese female divers are like half the size of their competition. Take que, people ! Don't send relatively big people to diving :lol

Ceres

Banned
NetMapel said:
My God those Chinese female divers are like half the size of their competition. Take que, people ! Don't send relatively big people to diving :lol

The older one is kind of scary looking with how freakishly skinny she is while being so muscular at the same time.

Piecake

NetMapel said:

At least those 15-16 year-old Chinese divers actually look their age. Oh wait, there is no age limit in diving, right?

But yea, it seems that in diving, anorexia ftw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom