• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
10 bucks says Coach K is going to try and recruit Rubio as soon as he gets his medal

Kittonwy

Banned
GO USA W00T!!!111!!!
angry.gif

Piecake

Starchasing said:
oh ok not so stealth edit

in the USA you can move your pivot foot before you start to bounce

in FIBA world you must bounce the ball first before moving the pivot foot

This has huge implications on the game... if you fellow americans dont get its ok

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_10.html?nav=ArticleList

f. In starting a dribble after (1) receiving the ball while standing still, or (2) coming to a legal stop, the ball must be out of the player's hand before the pivot foot is raised off the floor.

Awesome!

Great game overall. As a Wade fan it was great to see him play so well. Toward the end Kobe was amazing. The whole team was fantastic the whole way through, so big props to the guy who set the team up and to Coach K.

Gonaria said:

f. In starting a dribble after (1) receiving the ball while standing still, or (2) coming to a legal stop, the ball must be out of the player's hand before the pivot foot is raised off the floor.

thats not the rule im talking about ...

i will stop arguieng since you guys dont know jack shit about fiba ball

Ricky plays pro now in yurope?

If you are talking about Rubio then yes... i think he cant play NCAA... BTW they just said on TV that he is the youngest person to ever eceive a mdeal

Dali

Starchasing said:
oh ok not so stealth edit

in the USA you can move your pivot foot before you start to bounce

in FIBA world you must bounce the ball first before moving the pivot foot

This has huge implications on the game... if you fellow americans dont get its ok
If anyone didn't get what the average person could've easily explained several posts ago, it is more a result of your lack of communication skills than any comprehension problems.

Starchasing said:

Please do. At this point, whether you are right or not, you only look like sore loser.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Kittonwy said:
Ricky plays pro now in yurope?

Hes been playing pro ball in Europe since he was FOURTEEN

And guys, lets be real, those travelling calls dont matter in the end.

US scored moar baskets, they won, end of story. Us Spaniards can still make fun of the guys who thought the us was going to win by 30, so lets move on.

Darkman M

Starchasing said:

We know the USA is the best basketball team and we won the gold medal that's all that matters.

Your coming off like a real bitch right now just leave it alone and have some dignity.

Piecake

Starchasing said:

You weren't talking about traveling before the dribble? Because that is the rule i quoted

lherre

Accurate
Dali said:
If anyone didn't get what the average person could've easily explained several posts ago, it is more a result of your lack of communication skills than any comprehension problems.

Please do. At this point, whether you are right or not, you only look like sore loser.

As I say a gif would explain the rule better.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, great game. USA bball totally redeemed.

Also, it was really refreshing to see a game without endless ticky-tack fouls and commercial timeouts.

USA!

BigBoss

Starchasing said:

If you are talking about Rubio then yes... i think he cant play NCAA... BTW they just said on TV that he is the youngest person to ever eceive a mdeal

Apparently you don't know jack shit either since you can't explain this magical FIBA traveling rule.

Dali

Gonaria said:
You weren't talking about traveling before the dribble? Because that is the rule i quoted
His Forrest Gump-like grasp of English made it difficult for him to say the ball must have already have hit the ground (bounced in other words) before a player can lift the pivot in FIBA ball, whereas NBA ball it only has to have left the players hand before they can legally lift the pivot.

DY_nasty

I was just joking about Rubio btw geez :lol

But Raging Spaniard and guys who aren't taking haterrade straight to the face are my homies. :D

Because I guarantee, if the US had lost this game we would have shredded our team over anything or anyone else.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Just calculated that Phelps will have won 22.22% of the USA's gold medals. 2.6% of all nations.

Dali

DY_nasty said:
I was just joking about Rubio btw geez :lol

But Raging Spaniard and guys who aren't taking haterrade straight to the face are my homies. :D

Because I guarantee, if the US had lost this game we would have shredded our team over anything or anyone else.
This is truth. I had the Melo hate welling up inside of me.

Piecake

Dali said:
His Forrest Gump-like grasp of English made it difficult for him to say the ball must have already have hit the ground (bounced in other words) before a player can lift the pivot in FIBA ball, whereas NBA ball it only has to have left the players hand before they can legally lift the pivot.

Finally, an explanation!

edit:

To start a dribble, the pivot foot may not be lifted before the ball is released
from the hand(s).

Well, this sounds exactly like the NBA rule i posted, hah!

Wallach

Starchasing said:

No, you should stop arguing because you can't communicate for shit. You could be arguing that the Earth is round instead of flat and you'd still piss people off. How you manage to make what should be a simple point take so many fucking posts and still fail I cannot even comprehend.

Anyway, I'm glad to see the US kick ass this time around. Coach K needs to find himself an NBA team.

*sigh* Iceland got beat pretty bad in the finals try as they might. Still only the 4th medal ever for a country of 300,000. Also still one of the best underdog stories of the olympics, gold or silver, press or no press.

Wallach said:
No, you should stop arguing because you can't communicate for shit. You could be arguing that the Earth is round instead of flat and you'd still piss people off. How you manage to make what should be a simple point take so many fucking posts and still fail I cannot even comprehend.

Anyway, I'm glad to see the US kick ass this time around. Coach K needs to find himself an NBA team.

I thought you guys had an understanding of baskebtall ... i didnt know i had to talk to you like a toddler

Dali

What this guy is doing is legal according to the NBA and lherre's version of the FIBA rule, but illegal according to Starchasing's description of the FIBA rule.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D2fQXswR2w

edit: It's kind of hard to tell, but it looks like he may be lifting his pivot slightly before the ball makes contact with the ground.

Gonaria said:

Starchasing said:

lherre said:
this is the rule
To start a dribble, the pivot foot may not be lifted before the ball is released
from the hand(s).

wow, what a clusterfuck.

this all could be avoided BY PASTING THE RULE

DY_nasty

Starchasing said:
I thought you guys had an understanding of baskebtall ... i didnt know i had to talk to you like a toddler

How about this? Do you understand the OP? The part about obsessive bitching and whining? Because thats all you've been doing. Take your loss like a man, accept the fact that those capitalist bastards to the west won, eat your oatmeal, and be done with it.

giga

lherre said:
this is the rule
what's the difference between this nba rule?

DY_nasty said:
How about this? Do you understand the OP? The part about obsessive bitching and whining? Because thats all you've been doing. Take your loss like a man, accept the fact that those capitalist bastards to the west won, eat your oatmeal, and be done with it.

Oh! i had a great time! it was a wonderful game. I love Kobe so everything was peachy.

I was just being nice and explaining my fellow americans the fiba rules

edit: well im out ... have fun

Starchasing said:
Oh! i had a great time! it was a wonderful game. I love Kobe so everything was peachy.

I was just being nice and explaining my fellow americans the fiba rules
no, you did everything except explain, including whine, cry and bitch. PASTE THE RULE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom