• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchuck

so...it's only august, but i think this has been the best year for sports that i've seen

- best super bowl ever
- best nba regular season
- lakers/celtics final
- champions league final was epic
- Euro 08 was fantastic
- best olympics i've ever seen
- one of the greatest Wimbledon finals ever

AirBrian

woodchuck said:
so...it's only august, but i think this has been the best year for sports that i've seen

- 2nd best super bowl ever
- best nba regular season
- lakers/celtics final
- champions league final was epic
- Euro 08 was fantastic
- best olympics i've ever seen
- one of the greatest Wimbledon finals ever

Tiger?
And men's ncaa bball final was good too.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
lherre said:
This can be normal in USA ... if you see Euroleague you don't see this never.

Well, go to see spanish soccer super cup. Real Madrid-Valencia :D (I hope Real Madrid wins)

See you !!! A pleasure to talk with you and blackace.

this is normal everywhere. Rudy traveled on the dunk on DHo, and all of the players carried the ball like their NBA counterparts according to the written rules of basketball.

Spain played an awesome game, don't take anything away from them with this harping on FIBA rules. And all this media you were talking about I haven't seen or found

legend166

I thought the closing ceremony sucked.

Seen one fireworks display, and you've seen 'em all (unless it's CGI).

The London part was completely embarassing. Should have just given McCartney a piano in the middle of the stadium and told him to sing.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
NBC is playing the "You are my friend" music to their credits.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
perfectchaos007 said:
Now depression sets in. I'm going to have olympic withdrawls for a few days. Hopefully watching the US Open will ease the pain.
Yeah, I'm going to miss having this to watch all day. 4 years is too long.

Ceres

Banned
Chamber said:
Yeah, I'm going to miss having this to watch all day. 4 years is too long.

I kind of will miss them but then again I won't. No more staying up till 1 am to watch everything and having to get up 4 hrs later to go to work. We're contemplating going to London but I may wait to see who hosts 2016. I'd prefer going to Brazil, Japan, or Spain (even though I've been to the latter two places) for something like this. If Chicago gets them, we're back to Brazil for the 2014 World Cup if we end up not being able to go in 2012.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I'm looking for the Beijing Olympic soundtrack and there's like 4-5 different versions. The Chinese one is probably the one with the good music since the American one has a bunch of random pop songs for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom