• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
Kobe is shooting waay too many 3s in international play. I know he's older now but if you don't want to drive, use the mid-range or pass to Bron and Wade. I don't like this half-assed play

methodman

Banned
Do you guys feel like we won't always get all these dunk opportunities, and so far we haven't proven that we can hit open jumpers what so ever? We won't be able to just drive and dunk it down on every opponent.

Cloudy

Banned
methodman said:
Do you guys feel like we won't always get all these dunk opportunities, and so far we haven't proven that we can hit open jumpers what so ever? We won't be able to just drive and dunk it down on every opponent.

They don't run plays. It's all on if the guards feel like setting guys up..

giga

methodman said:
fast break and steals are keeping us up. chinese are slow to get back to the basket.

Cloudy

Banned
Wizman23 said:
LeBron > Kobe

Not even an issue anymore

Yah LeBron is better in run-n-gun games like these. Even D-Wade is better cos that's the majority of their game. Kobe will be the key when they play teams that don't turn it over for easy dunks and actually clog the lane..

Mamesj

Banned
I've gotta find an HD torrent of the opening ceremony...well, I've found a 720p feed but it has the fucking NBC commentary. :\

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
woodchuck said:
this chinese reporter is soooo nervous
Wouldn't you be if you were moderately attractive and you knew about how easily GAF can start fapping to just about anything?

Dali

Cloudy said:
Kobe is shooting waay too many 3s in international play. I know he's older now but if you don't want to drive, use the mid-range or pass to Bron and Wade. I don't like this half-assed play
He probably feels like the line is so close the shots are begging him to take them. Besides, that's how Coach K teams have played in recent years: Live and die by the 3. Since the line is closer to college level he might actually be trying to use that strategy here.

xabre said:
USA may have the best collection of players but they don't have the best team.
They'll console themselves with the gold and hope to meet your approval in four years.

:lol

methodman

Banned
At half... stop taking threes!

Kobe is 4-for-10 but 1-for-5 behind the arc.

LeBron is 5-for-8/0-for-2.

Wade is 5-for-5.

Howard is 4-for-4.

Bosh is 3-for-3.

Carmelo and Mike Redd with only 2 rebounds between them hahaha.

edit: Carmelo :lol :lol :lol

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Cloudy said:
I thought she did a great job. English is probably not her first language..

True, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was either born in the USA or grew up here. Chinese speakers usually don't get pronunciation and speech flow that good if they learn English later in life.

Nolan.

master15 said:
China's three-point shooting has gone cold :(

Edit: OooooH dwight rejeted

It's because now they're being forced almost to play up close I think, they depended too much on those shots to begin with.

Nolan.

Some of these are just easy points for the Usa, if china wants to make an impact they have to slow the game down.

wow lebron again is just all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom