• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

woodchuck said:
dude those teams had guys like michael finley and antonio mcdyess.

this team is completely different.
thats cold man!

antonio_mcdyess-arton21083-240x240.jpg

TDG

Banned
Desperado said:
It's the fucking Olympics, I don't give a shit about entertainment. It's about winning for your country, not playing it up for TV.
What are you complaining about? They're winning, and they're winning by so much that they're showboating a bit.

Desperado said:
I guess I just feel like it's not very classy to show up the host country (that's obviously not as talented.)

Uh... did you SEE the opening ceremony? They already showed up the world. They have this shit coming. Don't give me that humble shit. China wasn't humble. Now they funna get clowned by my man Kobe and Lebron.

Desperado

I'll concede, then. I just really want to see this team win gold; hopefully they stay grounded and don't let another country steal it from them.

tenritsu

Banned
aznpxdd said:
Bang Bang for Redd as USA goes over the century mark. (Is there any egg rolls for the fans if they go over 100?)

:lol Over here in Chicago if the bulls get 100 or more everybody in the stadium gets a free big mac.

Spoilers? I don't know, I'll tag them though (men's soccer).

Sounds like a great performance by the US men's soccer team. Almost had the Dutch, 2-2 draw on a Dutch 90th minute goal. Still have a good chance of advancing.

Nice dominant performance by USA. We've got to improve our perimeter defense but we looked pretty good. Melo was horrible and Boozer continues to fail to finish inside. Bosh actually looked really good out there today.

Kobe needs to take about 3000 jumpshots a day because those missed 3's sucked, but he played great. Lebron surprised me today with how dominant he was. Wade was wade. Kidd actually played pretty good.

I actually liked what I saw from Sun Yue today. He'll be a Laker and maybe be the backup point guard. He handled the ball extremely well and shot well.

great 25 minutes of basketball after the start. lebron and wade were spetacular. USA 3pt shooting... not so much. this is still a concern.

great dunks all around i hope to see a fred weis somewhere in the misdt of the tournament.

Karakand

MaizeRage25 said:
Spoilers? I don't know, I'll tag them though (men's soccer).

Sounds like a great performance by the US men's soccer team. Almost had the Dutch, 2-2 draw on a Dutch 90th minute goal. Still have a good chance of advancing.
tch tch tch tch tch someone didn't read the OP

I don't understand how soccer or football for everyone else can be so popular. I'm watching Argentina vs Australia and it just isn't clicking for me.

Hootie

Crap...no more live events for 8 more hours? I may be wrong, but I'm not sure they'd hold events in the middle of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom