• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

Himuro said:
:lol

The basketball team is going to suck. AGAIN. They pick a bunch of stuck up, pussy ass b-ball stars who have no concept of the word team work and watch them look like a bunch of shit heads. AGAIN!

Change USA basketball's Dream Team name to the "ME ME ME ME Team".
oh hai

lunlunqq

hmm... i watched men's beach volleyball yesterday. those men were wearing normal jerseys and shorts. but the women have to wear super small and tight bikini that possibly make their boobies and asses pop out at any time... not that i'm complaining...

Atomic

Fuck, I can not find this anywhere on CBC.ca or NBC....

What time is Phelps next race?
4x100 relay sometime Monday morning...

I don't know what that means, 12 AM, 7 AM?

giga

Atomic said:
Fuck, I can not find this anywhere on CBC.ca or NBC....

What time is Phelps next race?
4x100 relay sometime Monday morning...

I don't know what that means, 12 AM, 7 AM?
7pm EST NBC

Mugen

Banned
Is there a website where you can watch replays the events? If i wanted to watch like the mens air pistol finals or something, is there a website that I could watch it at?

giga

Kikujiro said:
Come on, China is nowhere near Spain, Lituania, Argentina or Russia.
I think it's better wait to see how the Dream Team will do against those teams.
The point was to illustrate how absurd it was to say that they don't play as a team. We have great chemistry--not even Kobe hogs these days.

aznpxdd

giga said:
The point was to illustrate how absurd it was to say that they don't play as a team. We have great chemistry--not even Kobe hogs these days.

He will if Kwame & Smush somehow gets onto the team.

methodman

Banned
Mugen said:
Is there a website where you can watch replays the events? If i wanted to watch like the mens air pistol finals or something, is there a website that I could watch it at?

Yeah they have everything at www.nbcolympics.com it's pretty freaking awesome. Go to the Videos section and they have replays from every event.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Ooh "Roundball Rock" (erstwhile NBA on NBC theme song) is BACK for olympic BBALL coverage!!

I maintain its at least 52% of the reason ABCs NBA telecasts are not so hot

NBC knows how to satisfy me :lol

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Mugen said:
Not really, I just tried to look for the 3M womens synchro and found no video of it.

It took me awhile, but I just figured out that completed events won't be available for viewing online until they've aired on TV, whether it's on NBC or a NBC family channel.

For example, I've been waiting all day for the women's archery finals to be up online and they just posted it a few minutes ago http://www.nbcolympics.com/archery/video/index.html

Everybody should watch this btw. It's pouring rain and thunder during the Korean semifinal.

Stele

Holds a little red book
I don't understand why Universal HD only simulcast CNBC and MSNBC. NBC has most of the good stuff. Seems backwards. Also backgrounds is how popular events like diving and gymnastics are not streamed live at all.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Anybody else watching this 4x100 swim relay? USA just barely beat the Aussies and both squads set a world record. Edge of your seat action. I'm addicted.

giga

EMBee99 said:
Anybody else watching this 4x100 swim relay? USA just barely beat the Aussies and both squads set a world record. Edge of your seat action. I'm addicted.
What's funny is that they are our B squad. Our best team (with Phelps) competes tonight.

mYm|17|

EMBee99 said:

I missed it.............ahhhhhhh

Hootie

Phelps' team will own face tonight.

Also, what the hell is with all of these swimming records being broken? Almost every swimming competition I've watched this Olympics has included a new record.

mYm|17|

Hootie said:
Phelps' team will own face tonight.

Also, what the hell is with all of these swimming records being broken? Almost every swimming competition I've watched this Olympics has included a new record.

Been hearing its because of those new swim suits they are wearing

dkeane

mYm|17| said:
Been hearing its because of those new swim suits they are wearing
Also because of the pool. It's 10 feet deep which reduces the turbulence in the water. There's other small differences in the pool that are contributing as well.

dkeane said:
Also because of the pool. It's 10 feet deep which reduces the turbulence in the water. There's other small differences in the pool that are contributing as well.

Interesting, I didn't even think of this.

bush2.jpg

MIMIC

Banned
Watching the synchronized diving. There's somewhere around 12 countries competing, and NBC is only showing 3 of them (U.S., China and another country)...AND it's on a delay. :-/

tenritsu

Banned
Nolan. said:
What is happening I can't think of a reason a volley ball girl would bend over for Bush apart from swating an insect or something.

Apparently she let bush slap her behind. Bush decided just to pat her back.

MIMIC said:
Watching the synchronized diving. There's somewhere around 12 countries competing, and NBC is only showing 3 of them (U.S., China and another country).

That's because the gap between the best team (China) and everyone else is huge. There's a 10+ point gap between them and second place. They'd have to fall off the board for someone to beat them.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Synchro diving is crazy :O but I would have given the Russian team a little bit more points myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom