• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootie

MIMIC said:
Their previous dives were enough to put them over the top. One of their previous dives got a couple of 10s.

Yeah that one was awesome when they got the 10s. Oh well, we got Phelps and his team coming on in a little while. +1 Gold medal to USA confirmed.

EDIT: Oh god this lady's voice is terrible. :lol

EDIT 2: Speaking of terrible, I just let out a putrid fart.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
MIMIC said:
Their previous dives were enough to put them over the top. One of their previous dives got a couple of 10s.
I think the top three tied at first. Then suddenly the Chinese divers received three 10s on a particular dive that... I just don't see is THAT good.

giga said:
jeez are the chinese girls like 9 years old?

I read an article on nbc where some coach on the US team was fustrated about that. Apprently the rules state 16 is the youngest and he claims that those girls are clearly younger but they have passports that "prove" they are old enough to compete.

Chumly

Hey guys what times are the medal events happening tonight? Most importantly when does the swimming start

Like does anyone have specific start times for each event?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
No, she isn't. Sorry. No. Unless they are doing some kind of hormone therapy. My sister recently turned 18, and yes, it's 18-24 months of change there during a potentially critical time, but just no.

NetMapel

I swear she looks more like 13 or 14 to me even taking into consideration of her Asian heritage.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Holy shit...

It's like a Chinese Gymnast factory...

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
So if a girl is under 16, and wins a medal, how will they cover it up? Does she go on a "vacation", never to be seen again?

Keylime

NetMapel said:
At least this current girl, the team leader, looks 16 to me.
...and she's 20!

So using that as the bar of comparison...her teammates are probably 8.

Dali

I'm not watching tv now, but they say gymnastics delays or affects puberty. That may explain why they look so young. If you think about anytime you've heard a gymnast - man or woman - give an interview it makes sense; They all sound like 12 year olds.

Dali said:
I'm not watching tv now, but they say gymnastics delays or affects puberty. That may explain why they look so young. If you think about anytime you've heard a gymnast - man or woman - give an interview it makes sense; They all sound like 12 year olds.

I'm aware of that and took it into consideration and still believe those girls are no older than 13.

NetMapel

RubxQub said:
...and she's 20!

Yeah apparently she competed at Athens as well ?

Anyways, I'm also known among my friends for looking younger than my age... but still, some of those girls really don't look 16 to me :(

RubxQub said:
...and she's 20!

She probably really isn't 20. I mean if she was "16" in athens she is "20" now if you catch my drift. That said she does look at least 16 now.

Keylime

Keylime

Dude...this chinese vaulter can't be more than 10.

Keylime

AWESOME!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

NetMapel

Ouuccchhhh, Chinese's turn to get owned :O

I also don't understand why the team leader got 15.912 or whatever. Her legs splitted on ending !?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom