• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapages

I just tried live stream...

Cablevision is not allowing it or something??? I am in NJ. :(

Is there any way around it??? Area code/region...

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
giga said:
her clothes tore and fell off
To be fair...it was more of a wardrobe malfunction.

Kifimbo

I always thought gymnastic was boring. But the fact that these girls look like pre-teens make it worse. And the fact that they probably trained many hours a day 360 every year since they are 5 makes me sick.

Hootie

Kifimbo said:
I always thought gymnastic was boring. But the fact that these girls look like pre-teens make it worse. And the fact that they probably trained many hours a day 360 every year since they are 5 makes me sick.

At least the Chinese team has been fed a very well balanced diet of dog meat over those years!

Keylime

Gamer @ Heart said:
So what happened to the chinese child?
The chinese president cast her into a pit of fire for her lack of perfection.

Kifimbo said:

The chinese training program is fucking insane i heard. Gymnastic is their life. From the earliest age they find eligable girls and boys.

Keylime

These Chinese girls are definitely younger than 16, I'd place them at 10.

What makes it obvious is that all their gear are packed in Hannah Montana gym bags.

woodchuck

SolidSnakex said:
The IOC is able to lockdown on performance enhancing drugs but they can't make sure that people are of age?

but how can they find out? their birth certificates are probably out of whack too

pollo said:
mmmm chinese gymnasts...
051107_chris_hanson_vsml_9a.vsmall.jpg

Keylime

woodchuck said:
but how can they find out? their birth certificates are probably out of whack too

If the IOC isn't able to make sure that they're the correct age then it's only a matter of time before other countries to start doing the same thing. Especially since China is seen as the gold medal favorites for gymnastics.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Y2Kev said:
No, she isn't. Sorry. No. Unless they are doing some kind of hormone therapy. My sister recently turned 18, and yes, it's 18-24 months of change there during a potentially critical time, but just no.

Is your sister Chinese?

Asian people always look younger than they actually are. Whenever I go to Taiwan and see the high school kids there, they look like they're 12, no exaggeration.

I look pretty young myself, which doesn't seem as common for ABCs for some reason. I'm in medical school but some people think I can pass as a high school kid.

Zapages

does anyone here have good zip code/ cable provider that works...

Because Cablevision in NJ sucks right now... :(

I was hoping to watch Pakistan tonight... :(

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So do what the Karoylis have suggested...ditch the age requirement. You obviously aren't going to stop exploitation of young girls this way (uhhh China). Might as well make it an open competition and acknowledge that some girls are younger.

Kifimbo

I don't know about the American broadcast, but I also hate the fact that commentators (in Canada) are avoiding the age issue. It's so hypocrite, you just konw everyone watching is thinking the same thing, yet these people are describing the event like everything is alright.

Hootie

Kifimbo said:
I don't know about the American broadcast, but I also hate the fact that commentators (in Canada) are avoiding the age issue.

That's pretty much all the US commentators are talking about. :lol

woodchuck

SolidSnakex said:
If the IOC isn't able to make sure that they're the correct age then it's only a matter of time before other countries to start doing the same thing. Especially since China is seen as the gold medal favorites for gymnastics.

i bet a bunch of other countries do the same thing too already

there really isn't any realistic way to confirm they're the same age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom