• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Doytch said:
colby fuckin rasmus

how's patterson st louis? oh shit, nvm, people in st louis dont have internet.
They would respond but they are busy in the middle of a pennant race.

(I feel dirty now)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Square Triangle said:
JV cant field for shit but at least he can still strike out bitches.

Im still stunned by that fucking bunt.

Why? The score is 3-0. The Angels don't give a crap about a no hitter, they're trying to win the game.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the bunt.

darkside31337 said:
Why? The score is 3-0. The Angels don't give a crap about a no hitter, they're trying to win the game.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the bunt
Oh please that bunt wasnt there for a base hit. It was there to piss the Tigers off since their ace turned into a bitch on national tv.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Square Triangle said:
Oh please that bunt wasnt there for a base hit. It was there to piss the Tigers off since their ace turned into a bitch on national tv.

Uh perhaps that was a secondary motive but it was obviously for a bunt for an intended base hit. It was a smart baseball play and there's nothing wrong with that.

3-0 is still a close game. The Angels are playing to win the game. Bunt was totally legit.

They should bunt 3 times in the 9th. It'd be more effective as the Tigers fielders seem to be woefully incompetent at making outs.

Big-E

darkside31337 said:
Uh perhaps that was a secondary motive but it was obviously for a bunt for an intended base hit. It was a smart baseball play and there's nothing wrong with that.

3-0 is still a close game. The Angels are playing to win the game. Bunt was totally legit.

They should bunt 3 times in the 9th. It'd be more effective as the Tigers fielders seem to be woefully incompetent at making outs.

It is a bitch move doing it in the 8th when a guy has a no no going. Bitch move and now I see Verlander is yelling at Aybar for being a bitch.

eznark

Banned
Big-E said:
It is a bitch move doing it in the 8th when a guy has a no no going. Bitch move and now I see Verlander is yelling at Aybar for being a bitch.
It's only a bitch move if the game is out of hand or if the bunting team is out of contention. Fuck Verlander.

Dragon

Banned
Doytch said:
Ugly read by Thames. Disgusting.

Don't worry now you've got Rich Harden.

Until he pitches two innings and goes on the DL with a shoulder injury.

That deal didn't go through. And Bedard or Harden are better than Miller. Miller's WHIP is like 2

eznark

Banned
Square Triangle said:
New to baseball? Its an unwritten rule. The Angels did it to get at the Tigers.
I have to question your duration as a fan. Very few "unwritten rules" apply to close games and even fewer apply to games in which both teams are in pennant chases.

Macattk15

clemenx said:
I hope Valverde has a dominant inning, it's probably going to be the most over the top closer celebration ever.

God I want him to catch a line drive in the face some day.

Strike 3 to Abreu there.

eznark said:
I have to question your duration as a fan. Very few "unwritten rules" apply to close games and even fewer apply to games in which both teams are in pennant chases.
I guess you have to question Verlander's duration as a baseball player?

eznark

Banned
CajoleJuice said:
I guess you have to question Verlander's duration as a baseball player?
Dallas Braden syndrome.

Editing biotch! I only put that line in there because of his new to baseball nonsense.

whalekock

eznark said:
If a rule is unwritten then it is not a rule. Also agree with your Pennant argument.

eznark said:
Have at it killer. I thought it was a total dick move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom