• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattk15

Ninja Scooter said:
f636534fa53e56b85_m.jpg

WHAT?

His minor league stats seem like another bland catcher.

Three-team deal Bedard for BOS: Federowicz, 2 other minor leaguers to LAD, Trayvon Robinson, Chih Hsien Chiang to SEA for Bedard, Fields.

Buster Olney saying the Mariners got Trayvion Robinson from the Dodgers and the moustached catcher is going to LA. WTF I thought the Dodgers were high on Robinson?

Macattk15

Ninja Scooter said:
Buster Olney saying the Mariners got Trayvion Robinson from the Dodgers and the moustached catcher is going to LA. WTF I thought the Dodgers were high on Robinson?

And we got rid of Fields .... purge the Bavasi picks!

Loading up on outfielders.

Really surprised the Dodgers gave up Trayvon in a deal like this. Was just reading in the Times not long ago that Mattingly was saying he would get called up this year, seemed like he was their RF'er of the future with Ethier probably gone soon.

LJ11 said:
Pagan's been terrible.

Had good pitches to hit today and did nothing with them.
The strike 3 pitch he took I have no idea what he was looking for. It screamed hit me.

HARD
HITTING
SCOTT
FUCKING
HAIRSTON

ONE MAN WRECKING CREW, BABYBEE!!

Sharp

darkside31337 said:
Nationals already regretting not trading Storen for Span.
I've been regretting it, this doesn't affect my feelings on the matter one iota

What I'm most pissed about is giving up TWO home runs to fucking Scott Hairston.

For a guy who throws that hard he is very hittable. I don't get...

OH WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT??? HE DIDN'T GET HIT!!!

Ankiel DID NOT GET HIT! FUCK YOU UMPS.

Sharp

Y2Kev said:
Lombardozzi is too valuable!!111
Just you wait, he will come to the majors and hit .500 with a billion doubles

Then this will all make sense
The Frankman said:
For a guy who throws that hard he is very hittable. I don't get...

OH WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT??? HE DIDN'T GET HIT!!!
:smug

Macattk15

Safeco field PA announced we get Robinson and Chiang. Good. Awesome deal.

Fields is addition by subtraction and Bedard won't make it to October.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So which big names can realistically be moved post deadline?

Wand Rod is obvious, and A-Ram would be too once he came to the realization that playing in the great city of Chicago is not worth playing for a team run by Jim Hendry.

If it's Robinson and Chiang then there could be a day where one could say that the Mariners won the Eric Bedard trade.

rando14

Macattk15 said:
Safeco field PA announced we get Robinson and Chiang. Good. Awesome deal.

Fields is addition by subtraction and Bedard won't make it to October.

So it's final then? Good, I'm stoked for Robinson. As for Chiang I won't be impressed until he puts up good numbers in AAA.

Can't say I saw the Jimenez trade coming. That's uncharacteristically big for the Tribe. I know he's in a down season, but he could prove useful.

That said, pitching isn't exactly our Achilles' heel right now.

Drek

TheBranca18 said:
Lavarnway doesn't have a position. They should have traded him.
Lavarnway has been at least as good behind the dish this year as Federowicz. He's improved by leaps and bounds at C. Don't wast your time listening to Kieth Law when it comes to Lavarnway, he made his mind up a long time ago and he doesn't change it regardless of what a player does going forward. He adamantly defended his take that Pedroia was at best a backup MI well into Pedroia's rookie season.

Dragon

Banned
darkside31337 said:
So which big names can realistically be moved post deadline?

Wand Rod is obvious, and A-Ram would be too once he came to the realization that playing in the great city of Chicago is not worth playing for a team run by Jim Hendry.

If it's Robinson and Chiang then there could be a day where one could say that the Mariners won the Eric Bedard trade.

I'd say Dick Harden could get through waivers no problem.

Red Sox get: Erik Bedard, Joshua Fields
Dodgers get: Tim Federowicz, Juan Rodriguez, Stephen Fife
Mariners get: Trayvon Robinson, Chih-Hsien Chiang

That's according to Edes.

Edit: Added Chiang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom