• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemenx

Banned
If fucking Dbacks and Giants lose to the Astros and Pirates again they don't deserve shit. Give a 2nd Wild Card to the NL East.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
In the 7th with the bases loaded and Ortiz coming to the plate, why wouldn't you go to Phil Dumatrait with Glen Perkins in your pen? I fucking hate Gardenhire sometimes.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Twins Baseball.

Edit: If someone could be so kind as to get a GIF of Dumatrait falling on his face trying to field that bunt, it would be greatly appreciated by me.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yankees should have never gotten rid of Bobby Abreu.

He's got more career rbizzz than Roberto Clemente.

That means he's almost as good as Ryan Howard.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
fuck

Edit: shame we couldnt use kimbrel in that situation.....also hurry up and call up arodys.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
weekend_warrior said:
Mest Beisbol, at Yankee Stadium.
baseballbugsanimated.gif

The Braves beat writer said Kimbrel is not being used tonight to give him rest (he's pitched in 4 of the last 5 games) which is why they didn't go with O'Flaherty right there, and the pitcher's spot was due second in the inning.

*shrug*

Windu

carlos said:
yeah c'mon, who can defend Fredi on that one
well I agree with pulling beachy but when we have only one quality right handed reliever who can only pitch in the ninth it kind of limits your options....kimbrel has pitched a lot lately though, but I highly doubt fredi would have used him in that situation even if he was available, sadly. We should have gotten another reilever at the deadline though because we are lacking rhp depth.

edit: o'flahety is still is more of a loogy, so I'm not exactly sure if he would have been a better option anyway.

Windu said:
well I agree with pulling beachy but when we have only one quality right handed reliever who can only pitch in the ninth it kind of limits your options....kimbrel has pitched a lot lately though, but I highly doubt fredi would have used him in that situation even if he was available, sadly. We should have gotten another reilever at the deadline though because we are lacking rhp depth.

edit: o'flahety is still is more of a loogy, so I'm not exactly sure if he would have been a better option anyway.

It really feels like they're just treading water and crossing their fingers until Moylan comes back.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
AnEternalEnigma said:
It really feels like they're just treading water and crossing their fingers until Moylan comes back.
Maybe if you all are lucky the Twins will try to float proven closer Matt Capps through waivers.

Sharp

Lambtron said:
Maybe if you all are lucky the Twins will try to float proven closer Matt Capps through waivers.
We would probably take him back if that happened... he can't be worse than Burnett.

Windu

AnEternalEnigma said:
yeah it seems that way. Moylan hasn't been the same since his first surgery a few years ago, though and with him coming back from tommy john (i think that is what he had) he won't be back to form until probably the start of next season. Arodys i think will help big time though, whenever they deem him ready. Medlen's set back hurt big time too.

BUT, 2012's bullpen is going to be amazing.

carlos

Windu said:

honestly, I would've gone for 1-1/3 innings from Venters, at the very least you almost certainly avoid a HR, and he still had one base open for his inevitable walk.

but IMO, Beachy should've been pulled after the first walk; however, in tonights situation, I would've let him pitch to Buck

who pitches the ninth? whatever, EOF or even sherill since it would've been the bottom of the order.

I have a terrible feeling about this one

edit: it was a herniated disc surgery for moylan

I can now be rest assured knowing the Indians won't win this division. Duane Below a rookie reliever took care of 15 Indians in a row.

Now the question is begged. Leyland, fucking put him in the rotation.

Windu

carlos said:
edit: it was a herniated disc surgery for moylan
ah ok.

anyway, all this won't matter because uggla is about to hit a go ahead HR.

edit: about 200ft short dan.

Enron

Banned
Macattk15 said:
Its probably a lot like being a Rangers fan pre-2010.

You should know what its like.

Probably not. It seems like nothing but despair has hovered over the Mariners for so, so long.

Edit: dat walkoff

Windu

Enron said:
Probably not. It seems like nothing but despair has hovered over the Mariners for so, so long.
yeah but they have those great commercials. that makes up for it.

edit: ugh, bunting. and its bad bunting too.

bunting 1st to 2nd = bad, lowers your chance to score a run.

bunting 2nd to 3rd = raises your chance to score one run, lowers the run expectancy.

edit: ugh even more bunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom