• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meohsix

Z9DEc.jpg

clemenx

Banned
Lol what at that poll.. SB Nation blogs are getting too big! Close the doors to dumb people plz.

I sound like an elitist douche.

clemenx said:
Lol what at that poll.. SB Nation blogs are getting too big! Close the doors to dumb people plz.

Stop being an elitist douche and pray the Mets can overcome some odds tonight.

clemenx

Banned
The Frankman said:
Stop being an elitist douche and pray the Mets can overcome some odds tonight.
Overcome the odds? We got BIG PELF starting, man. If that doesn't gives you confidence I don't know then.

sangreal

clemenx said:

They just need to switch to a modern commenting system

better than River Ave Blues though (post-commercials)

Oh my God kill me. These FOX cocksuckers keep talking about Pittsburgh's playoff hopes as if they still existed. Plus the obligatory Yankees and Red Sox mentions.

McCarver on Johnny Damon being tied with Babe Ruth for career doubles:

"If I were tied with Babe Ruth in doubles, I would never hit another double again, I would either stop at first or to third. If I could tell my kids I was tied with Babe Ruth in anything, why would I do anything else?"

Because you could say you... beat... Babe Ruthoh fuck it why even bother

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
AnEternalEnigma said:
HA. Windu getting ripped apart on TC for his mysteriously undying love of Heyward/denial to recognize how awesome Constanza is.
ripped apart? no.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Joe, I said the SAME THING to my friend. McCarver is so fucking stupid I can't even tolerate it. He's just an insufferable cunt and I hope he gets run over by a bus.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They aren't ever going to "upgrade" the announcers.

Fox keeps their announcers appealing to the lowest common denominator precisely because they know real baseball fans are going to watch no matter how insufferable the announcers are.

If McCarver got run over by a bus tonight, they would hire Joe Morgan tomorrow morning to take his place.

verbum

Windu said:
ripped apart? no.

Just looking over that thread, it seems a classic argument of "seat of the pants" versus "stats" .
I agree with those who say Heyward should not be sitting and also agree with those who say go with the hot hand for now, Maybe go with Heyward playng in AAA until the September call ups? Hard to figure out. Even if Heyward gets called back up, what if Constanza is still hitting .350 at that time? Do you stick Jason in there?
Playing Uggla everyday paid off. Theoretically it should pay off for Heyward. But it took 3 months for Uggla to come around. And there is not three months left.

Jubs

I think it's clear the Braves have lost a lot of confidence in Heyward, at least for this year. He'll be penciled in opening day next season of course, clean slate and all, but to me it looks like he's been demoted to 4th of. The fact that they tried to trade for Beltran or Pence, both RF'ers, is pretty telling. Were they going to shift Heyward to CF or LF if one of those trades went down? I doubt it. Now he's gotten bumped because some career minor-leaguer happened to catch on fire at the right time.

I'm pretty sure Fredi is going to continue playing Constanza, even if this "hot" streak goes away. He keeps blathering on about how he loves Constanza's speed, and we all know Fredi boy loves speed. He kept chucking Schafer out there, shitty stats and all, because he could run.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There's also the fact that Heyward has played like utter shit this year and has had plenty of opportunity to not play like shit.

It's not like he hasn't had a chance to prove himself. Constanza should simply keep playing until he stops producing. I'm not sure why Braves fans are making this such a big deal.

Also whats up with Tim Lincecum pitching from the stretch all game long even with nobody on base? I'd ask Giants fans if there was a reason for this but they probably didn't even notice he was doing that.

Windu

Jubs said:
I'm pretty sure Fredi is going to continue playing Constanza, even if this "hot" streak goes away. He keeps blathering on about how he loves Constanza's speed, and we all know Fredi boy loves speed. He kept chucking Schafer out there, shitty stats and all, because he could run.
that is what i'm afraid of, costanza is going to stop hitting and fredi will leave him in the lineup for 2 more weeks than he should have. And if we are not going to play heyward, having him sit on the bench is the worst option. I would rather him be in AAA getting at bats at least.

edit: anyway, the question in that thread was who was the better option going forward. Hot/cold streaks have no predictive value therefore you use their body of work to try and figure out who might have the better at bats. Heyward is that player.

Jubs

darkside31337 said:
There's also the fact that Heyward has played like utter shit this year and has had plenty of opportunity to not play like shit.

.263/.354/.525. 7 hrs. That was his first month. Pretty good, I'd say. So technically, not "utter shit this year." Kid got hurt, and he hasn't been able to recover and adjust from it.

verbum

Man, seeing David Justice is a trip. I remember being so jealous of him, married to Halle Berry. That's almost better than the World Series ring, Well, I guess the ring is better, Can't be divorced from the ring.

Windu

verbum said:
Man, seeing David justice is a trip. I remember being so jealous of him, married to Halle Berry. That's almost better than the World Series ring, Well, I guess the ring is better, Can't be divorced from the ring.
looks like he hasn't aged, he's immortal.

edit: looks like McCann might be back tomorrow if all goes well in his rehab game tonight.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jubs said:
.263/.354/.525. 7 hrs. That was his first month. Pretty good, I'd say. So technically, not "utter shit this year." Kid got hurt, and he hasn't been able to recover and adjust from it.

Constanza - 13 games 0.6 WAR
Heyward - 90 games 1.0 WAR

Obviously Constanza isn't 1/10th as good as he's playing right now. But you let him keep playing until he's not as good as Jason Heyward.

And the way Heyward has been playing this season, Constanza will be in the lineup for a while. As he really should be.

Windu

darkside31337 said:
Constanza - 13 games 0.6 WAR
Heyward - 90 games 1.0 WAR

Obviously Constanza isn't 1/10th as good as he's playing right now. But you let him keep playing until he's not as good as Jason Heyward.

And the way Heyward has been playing this season, Constanza will be in the lineup for a while. As he really should be.
thats nice. But considering its about who will be the better option going forward and costanza has a sample of 13 games which isn't predictive at all. That really tells me nothing. Considering the year heyward has had this season which everyone says is awful is right in line with Constanza's career Minor league numbers is kinda funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom