• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbum

A couple of Braves prospects looking good.

Randall Delgado just got promoted to AAA a couple of weeks ago.

The [Gwinnett] Braves picked up their only run on a second inning homer from Brandon Hicks, but that is all Randall Delgado needed in his quest to never allow a run in AAA. So far in two outings for Gwinnett he has this line: 13 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 5 BB, 15 K.

Sean Gilmartin was drafted in the first round in June:

As if the Braves don't have enough pitching prospects already, now Sean Gilmartin, is building up steam and on his way. Atlanta's first-round draftee in June allowed two hits and fanned four over 2 2/3 scoreless innings in his Class A debut and second pro outing Thursday en route to Rome's 4-2 victory over visiting Asheville.

Keep 'em coming.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
bunting 1st to 2nd..and in a AL game down 3 in the 3rd. i don't get it.

edit: annndd no runs score. lol.

Doytch

Windu said:
bunting 1st to 2nd..and in a AL game down 3 in the 3rd. i don't get it.

edit: annndd no runs score. lol.
We bunted with our second batter of the game after Yunel singled. Encarnacion was next up and homered. #smallball

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:
We bunted with our second batter of the game after Yunel singled. Encarnacion was next up and homered. #smallball

They can't use the Man-in-White anymore so they're resorting to traditional sign stealing from the guy at second.

Doytch said:
lawrie would drop his trailer-trash ass.
wow...now giving up home runs to mark teahen.

:jnc

Tough outing for Weaver as expected from length of days rest. Save him for Texas next week

e: Mikey starting to get serious. Got Pinero in the pen warming up. He must be shaking up things

Doytch

sf2fanatic said:
:jnc

Tough outing for Weaver as expected from length of days rest. Save him for Texas next week

e: Mikey starting to get serious. Got Pinero in the pen warming up. He must be shaking up things
i laughed at his lineup today. he got 9 rhb in the lineup, when romero's best pitch is the change-up. hilarious in comparison to joe maddon, who even has his switch hitters bat lefty against romero.

e: #angelsbeisbol #fundamentals #shouldakeptbrandonwood
e2: btw windu, i hope youre watching this with the radio feed and just using sportsnet video.

Windu

Doytch said:
e2: btw windu, i hope youre watching this with the radio feed and just using sportsnet video.
i have the game on mute, but yeah when i usually watch a game its with the radio feed.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Doytch said:
division-leading diamondbacks are considering signing lyle overbay. fuck the nl west.

Dumb move but don't hate the D-Backs. I respect teams with positive run differentials. The Giants are the ones who truly suck.

Doytch

darkside31337 said:
Dumb move but don't hate the D-Backs. I respect teams with positive run differentials. The Giants are the ones who truly suck.
oh i love the dbacks, actually. been watching them since 2009, probably my second-most-watched team. but a team that's considering signing and starting lyle friggin overbay should not be leading a division.

Windu

Heyward out of the lineup again tonight. So, what is Wren going to trade him to toronto for? Which player is having a career year this year? Who is good in the clubhouse?

Doytch

Windu said:
Heyward out of the lineup again tonight. So, what is Wren going to trade him to toronto for? Which player is having a career year this year? Who is good in the clubhouse?
edwin has been hot lately and smiles a lot.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Windu said:

Jays don't want Heyward. He's not good enough to crack their OF especially when Lawrie is forced to move there.

Windu

Doytch said:
i actually edited to say "yunel" but you were too fast. dagger fail.
well yunel would suddedly drop off a cliff and hit like .202 if he played in atlanta and we would lose 20 straight games because of his bad attitude, at least that is what i have been told.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
cuevas said:
Jeff Francoeur can take a lot of heckling but his breaking point was when we started yelling about how sexy he was and about his ass.

If his ass was so sexy then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Zambrano placed on the 30 day disqualified list without pay.

Union has already filed a grievance on behalf of Z.

Cubs played all their cards wrong. All of them. Now they'll end up having to pay him while he sits at home.

DBacks signed Overbay and put Nady on the DL. I know Overbay sucks but it's not the end of the world.

So the announcers on FOX don't seem too pleased to be in Milwaukee. All they keep talking about are how well the Pirates USED to be. No mention of the division-leading Brewers.

Rick Sutcliffe and John Smoltz weigh in on Zambrano's latest meltdown.

Rick Sutcliffe said:
This is a proud man, probably too much. You know that he was embarrassed with what happened. You know that it was the pride that got in the way, that created that situation, but ... enough's enough. The Cubs at this point need to sit down with him and figure out a way to end this relationship because it's not working there.

There's no doubt in my mind that he could still be a productive big league pitcher. He needs to get away from baseball, probably for the rest of this year. And then possibly come back somewhere else.
John Smoltz said:
I don't think anyone could have predicted what he was capable of doing (to) that degree, but every pitcher who goes through something like this has a moment. You can always forgive a moment. You can understand a moment. But there's been too many moments for Carlos Zambrano. And I think now something will have to be done if you're the Cubs because you can't afford another moment.

If ownership and teams did a better job preparing a professional to be a professional. ... Quit assuming that guys know how to be a professional, and teach them their responsibilities and demand their responsibilities. When it's going good, everyone can be a professional and a teammate. When it's not going good, that's when it's hard to do those things. This is not the only team. The Cubs are not the only ones dealing with this.

rekameohs

Banned
Doytch said:
oh i love the dbacks, actually. been watching them since 2009, probably my second-most-watched team. but a team that's considering signing and starting lyle friggin overbay should not be leading a division.
My guess is that Goldschmidt will be the starting first baseman and Overbay will take over Nady's backup spot.

I always said from when he was first coming up that the Cubs should have groomed Zambrano to be a closer. His fatass doesn't have the mentality to be a starter.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ninja Scooter said:
I always said from when he was first coming up that the Cubs should have groomed Zambrano to be a closer. His fatass doesn't have the mentality to be a starter.

If it's about mentality than it has nothing to do with his weight.

There is not a chance in hell he could deal with the self-inflicted pressures that come with being a closer. A Zambrano meltdown after a blown save would be totally awesome though.

Also LOL at Scott Proctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom