• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or do the Pirates play the Astros a lot

EDIT: It's just me. I guess they played them close to the break or something?

Sharp

AnEternalEnigma said:
I like how nobody in the media is talking about Jim Thome's march to 600 home runs. He hit #596 today.
I honestly think a lot of the media have forgotten that Thome is still a major league baseball player.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Heyman's saying that the Rockies asked for Montero, Banuelos, Betances, and Nova in return for Ubaldo.

Ballsy.

Macattk15

My offer to trade Felix, Pineda, Bedard, Vargas, Fister, Beaven, Walker, Paxton, Hultzen for a team that can't pitch worth shit but can smack the ball around like crazy still stands.

Dragon

Banned
Macattk15 said:
My offer to trade Felix, Pineda, Bedard, Vargas, Fister, Beaven, Walker, Paxton, Hultzen for a team that can't pitch worth shit but can smack the ball around like crazy still stands.

I think they're better off trying to win with pitching in a park like Safeco, but maybe it's just me.

Sharp

Macattk15 said:
Wait, NM, Cubs suck at everything.

Macattk15

TheBranca18 said:
I think they're better off trying to win with pitching in a park like Safeco, but maybe it's just me.

Welp. That frame of mind hasn't been working the past 2 seasons ... and its very fucking frustrating to watch the team as it is.

Dragon

Banned
Macattk15 said:
Welp. That frame of mind hasn't been working the past 2 seasons ... and its very fucking frustrating to watch the team as it is.

Well you can't have one of the worst offenses of all time. They're not on pace to be that much better this year than last year offensively. They really are wasting Felix right now, unfortunately.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i don't know why the yankees would think the rockeis would be willing to trade Jiminez anyway. He has a friendly contract:

11:$2.8M, 12:$4.2M, 13:$5.75M club option ($1M buyout), 14:$8M club option ($1M buyout)

And are not exactly the marlins anyway, they draw about 2.5-3 million fans every year.

Malo

Banned
Windu said:
i don't know why the yankees would think the rockeis would be willing to trade Jiminez anyway. He has a friendly contract:

11:$2.8M, 12:$4.2M, 13:$5.75M club option ($1M buyout), 14:$8M club option ($1M buyout)

And are not exactly the marlins anyway, they draw about 2.5-3 million fans every year.
Yea they aren't trading him, like you said that contract is really team friendly. Also Heyman said the rockies are asking for Montero, Baunelos, Betances and Nova. No thanks.

Windu said:

If they could replenish their farm system I could see them doing it. Look at the haul they are asking from the Yankees. That said, I don't think the Yankees (or any team) would give up that many top grade prospects, so a deal isn't likely. It'd be too hard for both sides to get what they want.

Sanjuro

Jeter, Posada, and Rivera for Jiminez .

I wish the Rockies GM would throw that out just to see the media explosion.

Doytch

man, whenever i watch tampa, they always have some scrub playing for them that i've never heard of. pretty hilarious, given that they're in the same division as the jays.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Doytch said:
man, whenever i watch tampa, they always have some scrub playing for them that i've never heard of. pretty hilarious, given that they're in the same division as the jays.
evan longoria has been playing for a few years

bazinga!!!111

Did Schulman just call A-Gon front runner for MVP too? I thought he was one of the smart ones..

if the Yanks get Ubaldo, I'll be sick. Jesus Montero is overrated as fuck. .750 OPS repeating AAA with no position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom