• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drek said:
I wouldn't call a lineup of AAAA filler for the majority of the game and running out the worst bullpen arms you can dig up "trying".

Kinda like putting the corpse of Rafael Soriano on the mound last night when they had the lead. Its cool if you want to knock the Sox out, just sell out for it.

7-0 in the eighth inning. I thought you were joking at first but you're being retarded. They haven't had anything to play for in a week. It is not on them to exhaust their team for the ALDS in two days because Boston blew the last thirty chances they had--literally--to clinch the playoffs.

Boston should suck less, there'd be nothing to "throw".

Drek

darkside31337 said:
Uh they basically played the entire starting lineup tonight. No idea what you're talking about.
For a few innings. Then replaced them with back of the 40 man filler while pitching their bullpen backwards.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
BravesCoxUmp.gif

Welcome to the choke club :/

Enron

Banned
Seriously, fuck Freddi Gonzalez and this entire worthless staff. I hope the front office fucking cleans house but I know they lack the balls to do so. Someone ought to shank Freddi in the lockerroom and stab Lowe in the fucking face.

Drek

Joe Shlabotnik said:
7-0 in the eighth inning. I thought you were joking at first but you're being retarded. They haven't had anything to play for in a week. It is not on them to exhaust their team for the ALDS in two days because Boston blew the last thirty chances they had--literally--to clinch the playoffs.

Boston should suck less, there'd be nothing to "throw".
I don't think Boston has a whole lot of reason to make the playoffs and this year is a great example of why we need a two wild card, short play-in playoff format.

But at this point New York is wasting everyone's time. They do have nothing to play for. They did build a big lead, then did absolutely nothing to protect it. They've walked themselves into an extra innings game trying not to win. If that is the goal why not just do it right and get the thing over with?

McNei1y

The_Inquisitor said:
Lol on a fucking double play. I don't know how long it would take for me to recover from that...

Hopefully Freddy doesn't put that on him. Kid had a hell of a season.

And then there were two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom