• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemenx

Banned
HomeTag2.gif.opt.gif

ROBOT UMPS

Holy shit awesome. Umpiring is hard work, guys. You can't judge until you've been in their shoes and such. He missed the tag! (Note: I'm right about this because the box score says so!)

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Best interest of baseball clause please.

If Bud Selig can fuck up the All-Star game, he'd better fix this injustice on the Pirates and the National League!

Not going to lie, a bit of a dirty win. But considering how many balls that asshole called strikes against the Braves all night, I'm okay with it in the end.

Sucks for Pirates fans though. I know they have to be furious. I kinda wanted Hurdle to deck Jerry Meals.

Games like this shouldn't end like that.

I guess you could make the case the ump missed the glove catching his pant leg and that was the only place he touches him with the glove.

Although he should be out based on the fact that the catcher is bear hugging him before he touches the plate

clemenx

Banned
That pic is glorious, you have to laugh at the absurdity of the call. And after that he tagged Lugo like 2 times in the arm as he slid.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Let me know the next time he comes to Nationals park so I can heckle the shit out of him.

What's his wife's name? Children?

To be fair, the Pirates left runners on second and third in the 18th and 19th innings.

Both teams blew more chances than humanly possible.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
AnEternalEnigma said:
To be fair, the Pirates left runners on second and third in the 18th and 19th innings.

Both teams blew more chances than humanly possible.

To be fair? Says a fan of the team that won.

If the Ump is going to give the benefit of the doubt it, say he had sweat in his eyes or a blackout, it had better be to the team that was about to lose the game if not for the perfect throw and tag to get the runner out by three feet.

Check to see that the ball was still in the mitt, live to see another batter. Don't ruin your career. It better get ruined!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom