• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Pro Football 2k8 Neo-GAF Online League Thread: Rats off to ya!

RBH

ManaByte said:
PS3 or 360, which one is the best version?

I'd imagine that the 360 version would be the better version given that it plays at 60 fps rather than the 30 fps that the PS3 version plays at. I haven't played the PS3 version though, so I can't directly compare it to the 360 version (and there have been very few reviews to help differentiate the two versions).

Plus, there will be more Gaffers to play with if you get the 360 version. :)

ManaByte said:
PS3 or 360, which one is the best version?

Conventional wisdom is that the 360 version is 60fps whereas PS3 is 30 fps. And even if there are some unknown advantages of the PS3 version, I doubt that would trump the fact that the 360 version will have the much larger online community.

maynerd

Banned
Someone say APF has bad graphics?

I'd have to disagree... :)

59be0fff.jpg

ae9cba5e.jpg

751d57aa.jpg

5bcaed2b.jpg

99fd88dc.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
wtf those graphics looks pretty damn good :\

maynerd

Banned
Big Zep said:
nice pics..

anyway, has anyone messed with maximum passing(clicking left stick on team select screen)

I have not in this game but have in previous 2k games. I generally turn it off though.

There was some pocket option (I forget the name and I'm at work so I can't tell exactly what it was) but I can't seem to find information on what it is. It's probably in the manual but I didn't see it.

maynerd said:

As I said earlier, the uniforms, helmets and the ball are top-notch. The faces and the grass . . . not so good.

BTW, Nice HDTV . . . what is that?

I have no problems with the graphics. But the "Can't snap until defense is ready" bug kinda sucks.

The manual is a bit weak too. 2K Sports make these fabulously complex quality sports games but they do a lousy job of explaining the games in their manuals. I had the same issue with NHL 2K7.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Big Zep said:
nice pics..

anyway, has anyone messed with maximum passing(clicking left stick on team select screen)

!! Jeez, that would have been the very 1st thing I tried. Oh how I've missed Maximum Passing. And please guys, stop making me buy this. Stop making me run out after work to spend money I don't really have right now. Stop making me get yelled at by my wife. Just stop it already. Especially you maynerd with the sexy, slick pics of All-Pro goodness.

maynerd

Banned
Man I wish I wasn't so impatient and lame...I really want a Seahawks uniform but I'm just not talented enough!

Check out some pics of unis people have done!

Lions
th_lions2.png

Patriots
th_Patroits2.png

Raiders
th_raiders2.png

Falcons
th_falcons.png

Wow I'm jealous!

LiveWire said:
Did anyone notice the stadium names? Some of them are pretty funny--including "Wolfram & Hart Stadium" :lol
Yeah, there are some subtle jokes & references . . . the stadium for the Sharks is Amity stadium . . . the name of the fictional town in Jaws.

So far I've been a little disappointed by the stadiums . . . I thought they would be a little more over-the-top. The animatronics are a bit subdued. I like the celebration dances more. The trash-talking is mostly annoying but every now & then they say something funny.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
maynerd said:

wow, my TV must suck cuz the game doesn't look remotely like that.

Even in replay.

whathca rollin' with to get that?

BirdBomb

Banned
Sol.. said:
wow, my TV must suck cuz the game doesn't look remotely like that.

Even in replay.

whathca rollin' with to get that?

the game doesnt look anywhere near that good.

screen grabs of games always look amazing.

Zep

Banned
LiveWire said:
Taken from my HDTV. Get used to seeing this boys, Big Earl will be running all over your defenses soon.... :D

snip

I shut him down. And dont think your getting him in the league :lol

TigerKnee

maynerd said:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/dodgeit_photos/59be0fff.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/dodgeit_photos/ae9cba5e.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/dodgeit_photos/751d57aa.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/dodgeit_photos/5bcaed2b.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/dodgeit_photos/99fd88dc.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Damn this game looks awesome O_O

Hunter D

Just played my first game and goddamn is it good. The ball physics are awesome in this game. The passing in this feels better than the NCAA game. Sayers is so bad ass. You don't even have to press juke to shake people with him.

If there are any spots in the league I would love to be in it.

If anyone is looking to play tonight my GT is Charsace.

pilonv1

Very disappointed to hear about the 30fps online. 2k really need to fix this, I played NBA 2k6 regularly online but I only played 1-2 games of 2k7 online because of it.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
If no one severely objects I would like the Panthers jerseys. They are the "daemons." I mean its a dead on attempt. Same colors, got the claw marks in the end zone and the daemon even looks like a panther lol.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I haven't purchased a football game since 2004.

There, I said it.

The genre has been devoid of polish or originality since then, not to mention the limited shelf life of most sports offerings and how quickly they are devalued.

But this game - and I mean this game - is worth the money. It's a ton of fun. And I totally suck at it (although, with some practice, I went from 0-5 in ranked matches to 2-5 today!). The strategic picking of legendary football players in tiers is just brilliant and it allows for great match-ups, and plenty of flexibility.

I'd like to play in any league or tournament or just for kicks. My gamertag is The Fake Shemp. If any of the big dogs want to come and tear me a new one, please do, as long as you can give me something work on when you're done.

APF2K8 > MADDEN

I created a PERFECT replica of a Dallas home and away jersey. Also, im in love with how the QBs position really effects the throw of the ball. Sometimes my bad position will cause a totally off throw, but once with 4 seconds left in the half, i was at my 48 yard line and I slightly got a forward running start before throwing it, and i launched a 50 yard PERFECT pass to the 1 yard line where I caught it and scored.

My receiver had to run 12 yard to catch the ball, thats how much it went over his head but it was absolutely perfect timing and everything. i've never seen such a satisfying throw.

maynerd

Banned
Lion Heart said:
I created a PERFECT replica of a Dallas home and away jersey. Also, im in love with how the QBs position really effects the throw of the ball. Sometimes my bad position will cause a totally off throw, but once with 4 seconds left in the half, i was at my 48 yard line and I slightly got a forward running start before throwing it, and i launched a 50 yard PERFECT pass to the 1 yard line where I caught it and scored.

My receiver had to run 12 yard to catch the ball, thats how much it went over his head but it was absolutely perfect timing and everything. i've never seen such a satisfying throw.

Post your dallas uni codes....

I think we need a thread devoted to uniforms. :)

ChrisJames said:
Anyone want to play?

Dick Butkus will crush your hopes and dreams...

Yeah, he's great. I've got Dick Butkus & Walter Payton as gold stars and it makes for a lot of ground game smashmouth football.

I've got Randall Cunningham as QB and his stats are lousy . . . but I think it is mainly operator error. I can't seem to watch 3 receivers to look for someone that is open while simultaneously manuevering in the pocket. I often find myself getting sacked while looking for an open receiver. Man that has got to hurt as real QB when you get blindsided like that.

My playing calling mainly consists of pulling the left trigger (coach's pick).

bluemax your first round pick in the APF league is coming up shortly i believe. check out the official thread as we're having the first round here on the boards.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
bluemax your first round pick in the APF league is coming up shortly i believe. check out the official thread as we're having the first round here on the boards.

Roger roger.

lets not turn this into a pissing contest. APF is fantastic, that's what this thread is about. madden isn't even out yet and shouldn't be part of the thread. we'll have a madden vs. apf thread after both are out. that is going to be fun.... just like the good ol days guys!

Top Bottom