• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Pro Football 2k8 Neo-GAF Online League Thread: Rats off to ya!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Lol the players look really funny. Oh well it still should be interesting.

Will we be able to make trades in this game?

Like trade our star Gold player for like 3 Silver players?

BojTrek

Banned
Welll after watching the Gamespot On The Spot video... I am getting excited about the game.

When I have a "wow" experience watching a video... I am hooked.

My "wow" experience was a play where a wide receiver caught a pass to the sidelines and his momentum kept him running out of bounds... his teammates actually gave him a bear-hug to slow him down... that was very, very cool.

The graphics are not too next-gen looking to me... maybe when I see some HD videos. The player animations are great when running... but when they walk back to a huddle they sort of click-click, sort of like robots...

Also... after a play ended on X-Box for NFL2K5 the close up would only show one or two players... EXAMPLE: If three guys tackled the running back... the zoom in would only show the running back at the end of the play. The Gamespot video showed people getting tackled and after the play the zoom in was able to show all players involved with the play... next-power there... graphics can display more... so we will have to wait and see for HD-videos.

Shamrock

Banned
SonnyBoy said:
I wish we could get a firm release date, isn't the game finished by now? What causes these sorts of situations?

In the gamespot gameplay demo with Jeff Thomas, if you looked at the game they were playing it said at the bottom releasing July 16th.

http://www.gamespot.com/video/938065/6173348/all-pro-football-2k8-on-the-spot-demo (around 1:40 mark)

ScreenHunter_01Jun-2.gif

My God Man. Did anyone else notice the Barry Sanders Run at the 13:42 mark? It's a must see. I mean they just caputred Barry's sytle perfectly in this game.

BojTrek

Banned
They really need to step up in the character faces and hair next year... if they make another version.

The hair is really last-generation... it is helmet-hair all over again...

finally watched the vid. i was really impressed with it. it's easy to dismiss it and say "oh it looks like a souped up 2k5", which has some truth to it but how many of us would have killed for a souped up madden 06 current gen when madden 06 360 came out?

the game looks really good and im excited about release! please come out july 16!

BirdBomb

Banned
im not sure i wanna spend 60 bucks on a game that looks like a touched up nfl2k5. it was funny listening to the guy talk about vastly improved defensive AI against the pass at the same time that the dude playing the game was throwing to nothing but wide open players and the occasional easy catch in double coverage. at least we didnt see anyone Y button-ing all the way down the field, hopefully thats gone. worried about the AI though.

especially if you have a generic guy going up against someone like rice, i wonder if its just money every time.

GameGamer

That's a sale right there.

Looks great to me.

Like BojTrek said the sideline player slowing down the runner out of bounds was a very nice thing to see. Sideline AI.

If Madden 08 is good this year I'll get that as well. But 2K8 now has a sale from me!

Zep

Banned
Just thought I'd point out...Someone who played the game said the Gamespot guy was playing on rookie or lower level cause the arrow(during kickoff/FG miss) wasnt drifting, like when he was playing.

AkaBalla

Looking at the gold players list there are only 63 GOLD players available. I'm not counting the Offensive lineman or Kickers.

Is there anyone who is going to draft a Offensive lineman or a Kicker in the draft? If not someone will get stuck with the last pick in the draft for a O Lineman or a Kicker if we have 32 teams.

Also note that since wacthing the previews it says during the season the game supports 24 teams only. Hopefully you are able to use more online. If not maybe having 2 seperate leagues if we have enough interest. Put all the vets together like

FMT
CB
Zep
Bob
DM
Vumpler
Bluemax
Andokuky
Pheeniks
Shawn
Truelize
Matrix
Rors
AkaBalla
Malley
limewire
Chris James
CK
sableholic
lonestar
Ramirez
Duce22

And the non vet list (And also the past Commishes who leagues have never finished) Start it off at the top.

Non Vets league:

Konex :lol

Did i miss any other Vets that signed up for the league? Sorry if i did i went by NBA and Madden leagues...

Trailer # 2 is up at 2ksports.com featuring Walter Payton, Montana to Rice, Dick Butkus and The Fridge William Perry. Nice Video, the player models are much better and does it animate like no other.

gluv65 said:
Trailer # 2 is up at 2ksports.com featuring Walter Payton, Montana to Rice, Dick Butkus and The Fridge William Perry. Nice Video, the player models are much better and does it animate like no other.

Here is a link to Trailer #2. I'd recommend downloading the quicktime version for best quality.

That trailer rox.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
^ Awesome... I think the QB's in 2K look amazing as well. Perfect drops and throwing motion. Would make a pretty sweet gif.

;)

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
recklessmind said:
^ Awesome... I think the QB's in 2K look amazing as well. Perfect drops and throwing motion. Would make a pretty sweet gif.

;)
I love your avatar :D You can't change it for some lame qb drop lol.

I'm glad we decided to sub this for NCAA though :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Shit I wont be in any league if I dont get my 360 back >_<

DIE MS

Mrbob

I have a nagging feeling we'll get hit with people losing their system during these leagues, as it always happens. :(

Get that price down, Sony! So we can actually finish a league without systems dieing.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
matrix how long has it taken? i'm sending mine in this week so i hope they aren't lagging on me too. they said 8-10 business days.

Well it broke the 8th and I had to wait 4 days just to get the coffin,3 days to reach them and they have had it since the 20th and not a word back from them since.

3 to 5 days to be fixed my ass.

Ive been without a working 360 for 3 weeks now,so annoying.

methodman

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
matrix how long has it taken? i'm sending mine in this week so i hope they aren't lagging on me too. they said 8-10 business days.

Man when I sent mine in, they said it'd take 2 weeks too, but after 3 weeks, I go on this R.V. trip for 16 days (we wanted to take it on the trip so we could play in the back), so after a month it still didn't arrive. The piece of shit took 2 months to get back to my house lol

Matrix

Even gettting it back wont mean its going to f-ing work.

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
sorry friend, i can only accept 60 FPS sports games from now on!

Don't worry, 09 is only a year away, and the PS3 should be $399.99 by then so we can make the transition from a 360 league to PS3 league. ;)

TheDuce22

Banned
Awesome, defense is loaded with former Eagles. Chuck Bednarik, Clyde Simmons, Reggie White, Jerome Brown, Mike Golic (which one of these doesnt belong :lol). If they had Seth Joyner I could almost recreate the great Buddy Ryan defense.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
those ****s better not take 2 weeks to get mine back! ill call and complain!

Dude you can complain all you want,unless you're lucky and they speed things up,that shit will take longer than 2 weeks.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
my friend at work who got the red lights said they took 2 weeks to get his back :(

i fixed it for you

When did his break? Cause they seem to be backed up big time with broken systems and it's taking longer than that :(

Matrix

You could have bought me one,you stop being cheap!

edit- this just in,I have a new tracking number,should have the system back soon....maybe even this week :D

*crosses fingers that it works*

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
TheDuce22 said:
Awesome, defense is loaded with former Eagles. Chuck Bednarik, Clyde Simmons, Reggie White, Jerome Brown, Mike Golic (which one of these doesnt belong :lol). If they had Seth Joyner I could almost recreate the great Buddy Ryan defense.

Damn for some reason i thought Eric Allen was in the game. i wanted to draft him

well guys my 360 is dead and supposedly it may not be ready in time for this game to come out. so i'd have to drop out of the league :( sucky but what can i do?

psyche bitches ill go buy a ****ing new 360 if need be! you can't stop me from playing APF or madden MS! you can't stop me!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
vumpler said:
lol i was waiting on that one.

Yeah me too. :lol

FMT: why don't you just try the RLOD fix that is posted on GAF? Sounds pretty easy and it seems to be working for everyone.

Did anyone else listen to 1up Yours this week and hear the APF comments?

"For anyone thinking this is the second coming..... It isn't"

"People wonder why there have been no videos of gameplay shown yet. They will no why when they see the game running"

And both Bryan and Garnett were gushing about NCAA finally not being the "second tier" football game. And that Madden was playing amazingly well. These words do not bode well for this league.

yes it is indeed dead :(

maybe i will try the fix... man im no good with those things normally. plus i'd have to go up to lowe's to get some of this crap... and anyone who knows lowes knows what type of bullcrap crowds you have to deal with on a sunday afternoon.

Is anyone planning to create a real NFL league using the edit feature? Should be fairly easy to put something together. Making sure the stats are correct would be the hardest part.

Top Bottom