• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Pro Football 2k8 Neo-GAF Online League Thread: Rats off to ya!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm not talking about that play. i'm talking about the non-TD play, where rice has double coverage on him INCLUDING safety help over the top. the safety should have clearly made the play and picked the ball off,but he runs towards the sideline behind rice.

i have no problem with the flea flicker play. we're all friends here guys!

The safety probably saw a hot ass cheerleader on the sideline. This aint the NO FUN LEAGUE BOYYYEEEEE!

Dont worry though, you won't see those catches since you wont get Steve Young OR Jerry Rice! I'll make sure we are paired up in the first round of the tournament!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Quick thought: In season play, we know there are a set number of other teams. Are those teams pre-determined? This is a big question because it would be stupid to play with your team in the season, against another team with some of the same players. aka, Elway vs. Elway in week 5. Know what I mean? So, is it confirmed that the CPU "drafts" their teams in season mode, or are we going to have shitty clones in season mode?

bdoughty

Banned
Some exclusive screens for 2ksportsfootball website.

APF2K8_JerryisGod.jpg

APF2K8_customnumbers.jpg

APF2K8_Fridge.jpg

APF2K8_Hostetler.jpg

APF2K8_KICKERS.jpg

APF2K8_Lott.jpg

APF2K8_Munoz.jpg

APF2K8_Rocket.jpg

APF2K8_TooTall.jpg

RBH

Kintaro said:
Quick thought: In season play, we know there are a set number of other teams. Are those teams pre-determined? This is a big question because it would be stupid to play with your team in the season, against another team with some of the same players. aka, Elway vs. Elway in week 5. Know what I mean? So, is it confirmed that the CPU "drafts" their teams in season mode, or are we going to have shitty clones in season mode?

The 2ksportsfootball website had a live chat with the lead designer of the game earlier tonight, and he confirmed that there will be no clones in offline season mode.

So if you start a team with Joe Montana and Jerry Rice, there will be no other Joe Montana and Jerry Rice on any of the other teams.

bdoughty said:

Hostetler looks so depressed. :lol

bdoughty

Banned
Yea that was pretty neat how they had him pictured.

Okay some things that were mentioned in that sites chat with Anthony Chau of 2ksports.

copy paste from 2ksports thread

Online Leagues - No fantasy draft (they wanted to but lack of time), you will not be able to trade for a player if that player already exists on your team. Drafts will have to be managed by league owners.

Created Players - You will be able to take your created players online. This is pretty awesome, if you don't want the gold tiered players and you want to make your own attributes for them you can.

(also you can only create 8 players per team and the others are not editable so forget making your favorite NFL team if this is the case)

Logos - Somewhere between 1-200

Animations - They said about 40% of all animations are new and 60% are redone from 2k5.

Multiplayer online - 8 at a time 360 14 at a time PS3, multiplayer games must be from 2 consoles (you can't play 2on2 from 4 consoles online)

Spectator mode - They wanted this but not enough time.

Demo - Dropping approximately same time as the game is available.

Playbooks - You may customize playbooks, however you may not create plays from scratch. You may bring your custom playbook online.

QB Spy - This has been fixed

No multiplayer season mode - Unfortunately

VIPs are back and expanded (more tendencies, playcalling, etc. info) and you can still save replays.

bdoughty

Banned
I love that you can take created players online... So many possibilities, so many people to be offended.

California BoogieNights...

8 players to work with.

Jack Horner - QB, was there ever a doubt
Dirk Diggler - Long Snapper
Buck Swope - Fullback
Reed Rothchild - Backup QB
Amber Waves - Wide Receiver
Rollergirl - Split back
Scotty J. - Center
Little Bill - subbed in to run the Shotgun offense. Or a backup player on the sideline, depending on what part of his role you wish to use.

did we get any info for online leagues? is it 24 teams max? or can we go up to 30? this is important!

also, i heard their playoff format isn't like the NFLs!

bdoughty

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
that QA is a jumbled mess! im too impatient to read through it. i don't think the online leagues question was answered anyhow

Well I just read through it and safe to say it was not mentioned.

Note to people who do Q&A's..... for the love of Pete, stop bothering these people with freaking accessory questions, or limit it to one.

well im pretty psyched about the game but i have these important questions:

1. how many teams can be used in online leagues?
2. sliders in online leagues: in or out?
3. can we edit the playoff format in our online leagues?
4. is the sound of a steve young to jerry rice touchdown pass the sound of heaven on earth?

The falling on several tackle animations look off...it looked good in 2004, but they need to be updated

They stumbled and collided in NCAA 07 very well, so they should look to copy some of that

newsguy said:
The 40% new animations is all I care about. IT BETTER BE TRUE 2K :mad:

This is what they say:

Edited Transcript said:
[@Toma] 1. Can you confirm and compare the amount of animations in 2k5 vs. APF 2K8?
[+vcslee] when it's all said and done, we have about 40% more animations.
[+vcslee] but we've replaced about 60% of all of our animations

So it sounds the majority of the animations are new and there are 40% more animations than in 2K5.

newsguy

speculawyer said:
So it sounds the majority of the animations are new and there are 40% more animations than in 2K5.

Watching the gameplay vids I didn't see so many new animations, but I did see some awesome new animations in the trailer with Marcus Allen. 2K football games have always been the type where 2 months later you still see something new, so I hope they keep the tradition.

guys this isn't going to be an easy league to get started, but thankfully once we get the ball rolling it's all cake! here is what we need to do:

1. find out what the league # is. i've heard rumors of 16 people per league tops, but then the regular season mode has 24 available. we have to wait until the game comes out to know for sure.

2. we need to run the draft on our own. WHAT THAT MEANS TO YOU: we have to hold a live draft here at gaf. whether that be over AIM, over MIRC, or here in the thread, it makes NO DIFFERENCE to me, but it needs to happen all in one fell swoop. i'd prefer to not say "okay joey you have pick #1, bobby has pick #2. joey who do you want? ok al del greco. bobby you're up. post when you see this". that would be a jubmbled mess and would take days if not weeks to finish considering we all have to draft 9 legends each. ALSO, since we are importing our teams and this isn't a live draft in-game, you need to then assemble the team that you have selected here at gaf! we can't have duplicate players so please adhere to the draft!

3. ALSO, we have to keep an eye out for duplicate "generic" players. what does this mean? we will all have to post our final rosters before the league starts. if we have duplicates one person will have to edit the duplicate players name, but please do not edit anything else.

this is a very involved process so if you are just a "casual" sports player and dont have the time to make it work then please don't join the league. otherwise, i plan to have this bitch up and running within a week of release. THAT INCLUDES completing the tournament! and while we're talking about the tournament:

During the tournament, I don't care WHAT your roster is or if there are duplicate players! I don't have the patience to go through the selection process TWICE in a week and figure all that stuff out. So, for the tournament only, pick whoever the F you want. Of course this doesn't mean you can have 9 Gold Legends (i dont think the game will let you do that anyways). you still have to stick to the 2 gold, 3 silver, 4 bronze or whatever.

questions? post!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
questions? post!

Do we have the full roster? If so we could always do the draft via a aim chat or something like that before the game even comes out to get that out of the way/give people a chance to get used to their team before the league starts.

Just know that I've never participated in a football league here, and you guys sound good, so I'm probably going to suck ass.

bdoughty

Banned
pheeniks said:
Just know that I've never participated in a football league here, and you guys sound good, so I'm probably going to suck ass.

These chumps spend all day breaking down screenshots of Halo 3 trying to see how many polys difference there are in this master cheif vs Halo 2. I or some other newbie will win the APF league hands down.

Now as for Madden football, that is another story. Got a bunch of Madden fans in this small group.

As for sliders I could have sworn they have said before that they will not be in the game? Or severely limited which is fine by me.

bdoughty

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
problem is we don't know what the draft order is until after the tournament

Or save from doing a tournament and letting the draft order be based on who signed up first, to last. You can have the first pick since you are running the league, plus we all know you want Montana.

bdoughty said:
Or save from doing a tournament and letting the draft order be based on who signed up first, to last. You can have the first pick since you are running the league, plus we all know you want Montana.

I think he wants Young.

bdoughty

Banned
Ramirez said:
Is there an official release date yet? Any word on the demo, E3 I assume...

Demo is to come out near the release, or probably when NCAA08 demo is released.

Release date: 7/17 (Ships 7/16)

also, change of draft plans. we honestly dont have time to do a 16 OR 24 man tournament. the odds that we can have it completed within a week (essentially under the gun) aren't good. so here is what i'm going to do:

1. i need to find out for sure what the highest # of online teams we can have in a league is. if anyone finds this out please post it asap! once that is done i can move to step 2.

2. i contemplated having a "whoever shows up first and posts first will determine draft order!" type of draft, but that isn't fair. what if a veteran regular just doesn't see the thread soon enough? complete bullcrap. which brings me to my chosen method, ALSO complete bullcrap but in a random way, and that is drawing names out of a hat which i have done for matchup events in other leagues.

the draft will go like this (lets just assume for the purpose of this explanation that 16 players is the max):

round 1: players 1-16
round 2: players 16-1
round 3: players 1-16
round 4: players 16-1

etc. it is basically like yahoo drafts. i feel this is the fairest way to do things so even if you get hosed by getting the 16th pick, you get a double pick.

what do you guys think? let me know!

Rorschach

I think it works fine as long as you pick my name first and I have a working 360 by then! :p

In all seriousness, though, that sounds like the only way to do it without a tourney.

I don't know the answer to your question, though. They should have asked better questions in that Q&A. Although, I don't know if it would have made a difference seeing that the 2k dude didn't know much. "That wasn't exactly my department" bah! ...and none of the major sites seem to know. 1up was even saying that there weren't even going to be any, so...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ah, the hat picking. Im calling it right now and saying i get #16. I always lose in these hat pickings for some reason...

you quiet down Mr. "hey i'm running the yahoo fantasy football league and... OMG #1 pick!"

i disguise nothing on my behalf: i really dont give a crap what spot i pick at. the only thing that i request since im running the league is that i get steve young! and that DM doesn't pick any 49ers.

Rorschach

ColdBlooded33 said:
Ah, the hat picking. Im calling it right now and saying i get #16. I always lose in these hat pickings for some reason...
16's a good spot. If you get 8 or 9 (which I probably will), then you're screwed.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you quiet down Mr. "hey i'm running the yahoo fantasy football league and... OMG #1 pick!"
:lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:

i disguise nothing on my behalf: i really dont give a crap what spot i pick at. the only thing that i request since im running the league is that i get steve young! and that DM doesn't pick any 49ers.

:lol :lol :lol There isnt even an option to to select who goes where in the fantasy league. That was straight up coincidence.

I want Randall Cunningham. This is a must.

likes i said, there is only 1 guarantee in the first round:

Pick X: FMT - Steve Young

better hope the football gods are on your side buddy! dont you know its gonna be (shoo be doo wop!) all right!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
likes i said, there is only 1 guarantee in the first round:

Pick X: FMT - Steve Young

better hope the football gods are on your side buddy! dont you know its gonna be (shoo be doo wop!) all right!

You better hope I dont get a pick ahead of you, I'll pick Steve Young and bench his ass just to prove a point!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I want Moon,that's a must for me!

I also want my 360 to work when I get it back this week!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Big Zep said:
Trust me, nobody wants Moon.

Thats it.... im bringing the run and shoot all over your team!

Mrbob

I just hope this game doesnt suck.

Two weeks from release and barely a video to be seen. Small snippets at best.

We should have full quarter masterbit videos by now.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
I just hope this game doesnt suck.

Two weeks from release and barely a video to be seen. Small snippets at best.

Yea im scared,it could be as bad as the Astros.

Hmmm do I wait and try the demo before I buy.

Top Bottom