• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Pro Football 2k8 Neo-GAF Online League Thread: Rats off to ya!

Anybody ever had a broken 360? Just wondering how long it takes for it to come back. Been like 2 weeks or more at the texas factory.

f3niks

I'm in but there are already two or 3 teams for Washington.

I guess I'll have to go with Bethesda, MD or (yuck) Baltimore, MD.

gamertag: cyfar

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
ChrisJames said:
So you're hoping that this game is not as good as it could potentially be, so that it won't be better than Madden?

That's one of the stupidest ****ing things I've ever read...

Lol silly noob. No I hope the game is great but it's still not the NFL, its a fantasy game. When the license runs out and 2k is back in on it then 2k might be ready for a football game and then the huge debates will start. But for now NFL is still greater than fantasy ball.

Andokuky

Banned
JIM HARBAUGH! CAPTAIN COMEBACK BABY! DIBS!

HarbaughInd.jpg

God it would have been great to see them get a chance in 95 over those bunk ass Steelers.

Rorschach

sableholic said:
Anybody ever had a broken 360? Just wondering how long it takes for it to come back. Been like 2 weeks or more at the texas factory.
My first one took MONTHS! My second one took a little over a couple of weeks. My third one is taking a couple of weeks just to get the damn ****ing coffin.

So...it varies. Right now there seems to be a shitload of 360s breaking down, so...who knows?

Shamrock

Banned
vumpler said:
Lol silly noob. No I hope the game is great but it's still not the NFL, its a fantasy game. When the license runs out and 2k is back in on it then 2k might be ready for a football game and then the huge debates will start. But for now NFL is still greater than fantasy ball.

Not trying to turn this into a Comparison thread, but I have a feeling that 2K football is going to be a lot bigger than we think.

1. It's coming out first.

2. It's going to be the most balanced football game ever made because everyone has to work with the same amount of leveled players (Gold, Silver, Bronze)

3. There are a lot of NFL fans who won't be able to sit back until Madden. This might not be NFL licensed, but it is still ex-NFL players who everyone knows.

4. There is strategy involved in creating your team, you sculpt a team to your exact strengths and weaknesses. When you build something from the ground up that is your brainchild it becomes a part of you. Like a child

5. It could potentially surpass old 2K5 sales because they are no longer competing with Madden, this will be a game many pick up alongside Madden for a completely different experience. It worked for the Wii.

Rorschach said:
My first one took MONTHS! My second one took a little over a couple of weeks. My third one is taking a couple of weeks just to get the damn ****ing coffin.

So...it varies. Right now there seems to be a shitload of 360s breaking down, so...who knows?

:( Maybe I should call and see if they can give me a status update.

bluemax

Banned
Shamrock said:
Not trying to turn this into a Comparison thread, but I have a feeling that 2K football is going to be a lot bigger than we think.

2. It's going to be the most balanced football game ever made because everyone has to work with the same amount of leveled players (Gold, Silver, Bronze)

This honestly remains to be seen. And its not like anyone ever complained about balance in ****ing Madden. Its a sports game based in reality, of course not every team will be equal.

Rorschach

Whatever about Madden's balance. We've had FMT win with the superbowl with the mother****ing 49ers. With Alex Smith at the helm!! I made the playoffs with Kerry Collins and Aaron Brooks....and no Oline! And MrBob can't with with the overrated Bears and no one has ever made it with the Colts. You can win or lose with any team. You just gotta play smart. BUT **** STRATEGY AMIRITE!? You just gotta chuck it down 50 yards on every down and mash the hell out of the boost button.

sableholic said:
:( Maybe I should call and see if they can give me a status update.
That's actually one of the options that the automated dude understands.

DMczaf

Why are we talking about past champions? I am the reigning 2K AND Madden champ. Has that ever been done before?! No! Not even your precious FMT has done this!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i added a name for you as well ;)
Oh...it was Rattay? That explains it. Alex Smith couldn't win a superbowl...that just wouldn't be sim. That's not as impressive, but at least you made the playoffs with Smith...or was that Dilfer? I'm disillusioned.

Ramirez

DMczaf said:
Why are we talking about past champions? I am the reigning 2K AND Madden champ. Has that ever been done before?! No! Not even your precious FMT has done this!

I still have nightmares of your FB runs in 2K, as I watched Alstott "Y" my entire defense. :( :lol

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
Whatever about Madden's balance. We've had FMT win with the superbowl with the mother****ing 49ers. With Alex Smith at the helm!! I made the playoffs with Kerry Collins and Aaron Brooks....and no Oline! And MrBob can't with with the overrated Bears and no one has ever made it with the Colts. You can win or lose with any team. You just gotta play smart. BUT **** STRATEGY AMIRITE!? You just gotta chuck it down 50 yards on every down and mash the hell out of the boost button.

That's actually one of the options that the automated dude understands.

Seriously. I had the Chargers for two seasons last year and finished around .500 in the first season and like 4-8 in the second. I just didn't play well when people took away LT from me :( and virtual LT isn't as awesome as real LT.

newsguy said:
I still remember losing to Matrix on a bomb.

I was playing a fill in game against DM last year as the Eagles and I thought I was gonna pull off the amazing upset. He got me on the hail mary as time expired :(

I also had problems with that in the second season as well...

Ramirez

I also remember Gunstars blitzing making me want to break everything in my house at the time, ****er would send the house! :lol Where's he at? :(

Shamrock

Banned
Ramirez said:
I also remember Gunstars blitzing making me want to break everything in my house at the time, ****er would send the house! :lol Where's he at? :(

Ah the old send the house Play where you send all 3 LB's. That play worked to well sometimes. It gltiched the hell out of the offensive line. They didn't know who to block and most of the time ended up just letting everyone through including the D line untouched.

Oh the memories.:lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DMczaf said:

DM =
Jericho_Undisputed.jpg

ORANGUTAN

Banned
Is it just me or is Trent Green a really good lookin dude? I'm not gay at all.. I'm just secure enough with my masculinity to compliment another man's looks, and I've gotta say Trent Green's got movie star good looks and a great smile. Can't find any good pics but watch a post game interview this season.

green-trent.jpg
TrentGreen.jpg

newsguy

ORANGUTAN said:
Is it just me or is Trent Green a really good lookin dude? I'm not gay at all.. I'm just secure enough with my masculinity to compliment another man's looks, and I've gotta say Trent Green's got movie star good looks and a great smile. Can't find any good pics but watch a post game interview this season.

green-trent.jpg
TrentGreen.jpg

5zdvin4.gif

I want you all to know that I am in love with Trent Green as well. He will, unlike my man Dan, win a super bowl in a Dolphins uniform. And he is much sexier.

Striker

ORANGUTAN said:

green-trent.jpg
TrentGreen.jpg
:lol

<3

Shawnwhann said:
:lol :lol

ORANGUTAN welcome to the leagues bro! I can imagine many laughs at your expense during this next season!

QFT

On a side note, my xbox is finally fixed, it arrives back tommorow. Thanks to ando and others who told me to call, they were able to tell me immediately what the status was. I should have asked why it broke, but didn't bother.

pheeniks said:
I want you all to know that I am in love with Trent Green as well. He will, unlike my man Dan, win a super bowl in a Dolphins uniform. And he is much sexier.

Just like he won one with a more talented team in KC
on offense

newsguy

pheeniks said:

Dan is not your man if you're making comments like these. BLASPHEMY!

newsguy said:
Dan is not your man if you're making comments like these. BLASPHEMY!

He's my man but there's clearly a new sherriff in town that must be embraced.

for the 502834902th time that I have with a new QB :(

newsguy

pheeniks said:
He's my man but there's clearly a new sherriff in town that must be embraced.

for the 502834902th time that I have with a new QB :(

I will never ever embrace another like I did Marino. When all the hype was on Culpepper I knew better. Our winningest QB since was Jay Fiedler... JAY ****ING FIEDLER!!! :(

Where the hell is the Dome Patrol? Pat Swilling, Rickey Jackson, Sam Mills, and Vaughn Johnson. Not a one of them is in the game.

they are eclipsed by the man who haunted them for years... until steve young granted rickey jackson the one wish the saints could not grant: a superbowl victory in 1994! you're welcome rickey... you're welcome!

bdoughty

Banned
Shadow of the Sun said:
Where the hell is the Dome Patrol? Pat Swilling, Rickey Jackson, Sam Mills, and Vaughn Johnson. Not a one of them is in the game.

Too much time patrolling the dome and not enough time patrolling for a playoff win, I guess? Sam Mills would have been my pick to get in the game.

bdoughty

Banned
Three weeks from release and still no in-game videos. Even if the game was shipping in August you should have something by now. I have no idea how much they pay people like Anthony Chau in their game marketing but they are worth every penny....

Every penny that I have on my computer desk... 3 of them.

Top Bottom