• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Blazblue Tournament! XBL/PSN

Grifter

JosM88 said:
I'm callin all of you out.

Teepo
Turtlesnatcher
Tokubetsu

Meet me at 8:15PM(GMT-5:00)(NYC time).

Be there...or err...please be there :(

Toku's been around. I've given up on the other 2. This is a nice way to weed out inactives for an online tourney tho.

MrDoctor

Dreavus said:
MrDoctor, sorry I wasn't around to play our matches today, I was busy all day ><. Tomorrow I'll be on from around 2pm to 4pm PST, and then from there 11pm PST onwards. Hopefully we can get it done in the afternoon though, since I think we're supposed to be done by 9.

Ok, i'll be there.

Will you have a chance to play too, kiryogi? Just give me a time.

Lyte Edge said:
I have not heard from/heard back from the following people:

PSN:

-Eraldocoil
-Johnmy90

XBL:

-_dementia
-Zrocool

Hit me up guys; let's get this over with!

Hadn't heard from you either.:D

I'm the only Euro in the group. Playing the games has been a struggle, I'm on every night till 2400 GMT.

Would like to finish matches. Gimme a date.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Relix vs jdub (2-0)

First Match: 3-2 (Freaking close)
Second Match: 3-0 (I shed some of the dust since I hadn't played in a while =P)

Nice matches jdub =D

With that XBL Pool 1 is done:

2namr7k.jpg

kiryogi

Banned
MrDoctor said:
Ok, i'll be there.

Will you have a chance to play too, kiryogi? Just give me a time.

I should be available sometime tonight... PST that is. Gotta go out for dinner, but after that I'll be on. I'm hoping to be home by 9? We'll see :/ Damn being social.

n/m! Oh well D: It was basically decided who was 1st and 2nd in our pool anyway! Go Forgrim and Dreavus.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
XBL Pool #4

Lyte Edge Vs. _Dementia; Lyte Edge wins 2-0

I picked Tager in both matches; Dementia was Carl and then Hakumen. Took it 3-0, 3-0. Went pretty quick. Sorry for signing off immediately after Dementia; had family over (we were playing BB) and then it was time to eat when we started playing.

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
Hadn't heard from you either.:D

I'm the only Euro in the group. Playing the games has been a struggle, I'm on every night till 2400 GMT.

Would like to finish matches. Gimme a date.

Where are you? 2400 GMT doesn't help me.

Also, WHO are you? :lol Your name isn't listed! I'd like to play tonight (like now!) if you can. Let me know.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Lyte Edge just broke the brackets :lol :lol His 2-0 win puts him over xero for the second spot in his pool =P. I am not even sure how I'll grant the DQs but Ill just probably fill in the win ratio for every 1st place and second place if pool is not complete.

XBL Pool 2

JosM88(Bang) vs Tokubetsu(Ragna)

Match 1: Bang v. Ragna (3-2)
Match 2: Bang v. Ragna (3-1)

I won.

We had our matches about half an hour before 9. Couldn't get on laptop cuz of some issues.

Teepo, and Turtlesnatcher aren't available :(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
As of now I still haven't closed the pools submissions... still waiting for a match I promised to xero273 to wait Monday for him to do his matches, if not... I'll work with what I have. So, you can see this as a 24 hour extension but the brackets are being worked on. So far.

Predicted winners
XBL Pool 1:
1. Papercuts
2. Relix

Pool 2:
1. Kazuma
2. Grifter

Pool 3
1. Jube
2. Virtual Tie. Won't name. Lyte Edge, ZRCOOL and xero273 will get this.

Pool 4
1. RapidCancel
2. RummyBunz

PSN
Pool 1
1. Prototype
2. Akachan

Pool 2
1. Forgrim
2. Dreavus

Pool 3
1. Ccrok
2. DunpealD

Pool 4:
1. Teknopathetic
2. Findmyfarms

Of course some of these are up in the air if you guys get your matches done in the next 24 hours which is why the brackets are not yet ready.

EDIT: Case in point Heretics victory puts him on top place and turns him into the top seed for the brackets for his pool.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Part of me is sad that I got eliminated because of that super-close match with Relix, but the other part of me is relieved that I don't have to get owned by Papercuts again.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
ZealousD said:
Part of me is sad that I got eliminated because of that super-close match with Relix, but the other part of me is relieved that I don't have to get owned by Papercuts again.

Hey, it was an epic fight. That shit was beyond epic :lol

xero273

Lyte Edge vs xero273

winner: Lyte Edge

Match 1: 3 - 0 Lyte Edge
Match 2: 3 - 0 Lyte Edge

Damn it. I thought you said you were rusty lyte edge. gg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
xero273 said:
Lyte Edge vs xero273

winner: Lyte Edge

Match 1: 3 - 0 Lyte Edge
Match 2: 3 - 0 Lyte Edge

Damn it. I thought you said you were rusty lyte edge. gg

GG! The last few days of getting in more matches really helped, especially with Prototype and QisTopTier on PSN. Got my ass kicked, but it got me pretty warmed up!

ZealousD

Relix said:
Hey, it was an epic fight. That shit was beyond epic :lol

It was indeed! I'll probably record it tomorrow and put that on YouTube. It was seriously a great match. I doubt there was any other match so far this tournament that was that epic.

I think Teepo was on last night, but he didn't bother to respond to my message or FR. It seems kind of pointless to sign up for a tournament, and be a no show. Then there is no balance...heh.

forgrim

Prototype-03 said:
woot!! 8th place here I come!

what the shiz, if i remember correctly, we played 8 matches, and you won 5 of them (friendlies). i don't see how i can get NINTH place hahaha.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Sorry for the people sending messages over the weekend, my little brother plays on the same account but doesn't reply back to let them know who it is. :|

And I'm sorry for not getting on guys, I had to finish up around the shop.

jdub03

Relix said:
Relix vs jdub (2-0)

First Match: 3-2 (Freaking close)
Second Match: 3-0 (I shed some of the dust since I hadn't played in a while =P)

Nice matches jdub =D

Yeah those were some fun matches. I could tell during the second match you stepped your game up. Who's the best xbl carl player on neogaf. I need someone to train with.

Lyte Edge said:
GG! The last few days of getting in more matches really helped, especially with Prototype and QisTopTier on PSN. Got my ass kicked, but it got me pretty warmed up!

You got better towards the end. I hate his 720. I could be winning with 50% health and then die with ONE 720 DD.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
The Brackets are COMPLETE!! Deadline is: Monday 24th of August. This is a double elimination tournament and it has been made with the results of the pools, even if some were sightly incomplete I'll post them soon the final tally but this is the OFFICIAL Bracket.

PSN
2rrl4so.gif

XBL
s48ivm.gif

I'm winning this. You can quote me on that ;)

Edit - Forgrim, prototype, and ccrook, would you guys want to meet up next monday (8/24) at 10 30 pm central and do all our games together?

If the rest of you want to just hop on as well that's cool. We could run the whole tourney in one go and also some would be able to spectate the finals.

FindMyFarms said:

Edit - Forgrim, prototype, and ccrook, would you guys want to meet up next monday (8/24) at 10 30 pm central and do all our games together?

If the rest of you want to just hop on as well that's cool. We could run the whole tourney in one go and also some would be able to spectate the finals.

I call shotgun!

Edit: Maybe if I get the PS3 version :(

Volcynika

FindMyFarms said:

I hope I'm around to spectate the final matches of the PSN pools! :eek:

forgrim

Sorry FMF, I can't make it at 1030pm Central cuz I work really early mornings, so i sleep around 11:30pm EST, which obviously conflicts with the time...I can do it an hour earlier.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Prototype-03 said:
why do we have to do it on deadline date anyway? can we do it earlier? (not a weekend)

Yeah you can do it earlier or at anytime... just not AFTER the deadline =P

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Heretic Kazuma said:
Is that deadline just for Round 1, or everything?

Only Round 1, and in case something happens I can be flexible... it's only 16 guys in total after all =P

ZealousD

forgrim said:
was that your alarm clock in the background? hahaha

No, just a normal old clock. It does a little diddy about every 15 minutes. I usually don't even hear it anymore. The 11 "dongs" it made after the little tune it did tells you its 11 o clock.

hey Relix, is it possible to extend my match with FindMyFarms until Tues or so? I don't think he comes back until Sunday and I might be visiting an old friend on Monday night.

Top Bottom